My wife and I were looking to spend 4 nights in Honolulu, prior to moving on to Maui and were recommended this hotel by our agent. They were not wrong as we enjoyed our stay immensely. The staff were very willing and helpful, which made our stay so much more relaxed.
A simple but adequate breakfast was served outside by the pool and there was a 24hr complementary coffee machine in the lobby. There is no restaurant, but a complete range of dining options is available within a 5 minute walk.
The hotel had recently been refurbished and we had a non-smoking 2 bed room on the 4th Floor, which contained all we needed or wanted. We did not expect a kitchen, so it was a pleasant surprise to find the room was equipped with one.
The only minor downside was that our room faced the main road and the noise from the traffic took some getting used to, but this almost ceased at night. (Double glazing would help here.)
One advantage though is if you want to visit Pearl Harbour the #42 bus stops just across the road and $2/head gets you right into the site in about 1hr.
When we'd done with the sea and the beach, just a moments walk away, we went back to the hotel so we could use the pool and found it very relaxing, providing a quiet environment to catch up on our reading.
I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone looking for a small friendly hotel, but remember it is not for those who want all the trappings of a 400+ bedroom hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including an outdoor pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, stove-top and energy saving sensors for our guest rooms. Located poolside, The Lovin' Oven creates unique hand-tossed Artisan pizzas using fresh, local ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu