Stayed at the Aqua Bamboo for the past 4 nights and overall, I would say it was a nice hotel and worthy of it's ranking on TripAdvisor. If you're looking for something large, corporate and with all sorts of modern touches and flair, then the Bamboo is probably not for you. If you want a reasonably priced room that's close to everything Waikiki has to offer, then I would recommend the Aqua Bamboo.
- My girlfriend & I walk everywhere on our trips and the Bamboo's location is excellent. Less than a 5 minute walk to the beach, 10 mins to the zoo, 15 mins to the aquarium, the main shopping and dining streets right outside the door, bus stops right outside...really everything you can ask for within short walking range.
- We got a clean, quiet room with a comfortable bed on the 10th floor, nice sized washroom with plenty of storage, closet with safe and free and fast wifi.
- Free use of beach towels with a convenient system of replacement and free use of beach chairs.
- Refreshing ice tea and lemon water in the lobby.
- This was our 3rd trip to Honolulu and we've definitely paid a higher price at other hotels for a similar experience. I would say that the best thing about the Aqua Bamboo is the value you are getting for a reasonably low price in Waikiki.
- Prompt email and phone responses when we made certain inquiries about our reservation.
- Received a bottle of bubbly and a box of chocolates since it was my birthday during the stay. Thanks Bamboo!
- Secured front entrance after 10:00 pm.
- Being on the 10th floor, street noise wasn't an issue however the air conditioner was quite loud. If you're a light sleeper, then the a/c in our room would keep you up at night.
- Cleaners were friendly when we met in the hallways, but might have been a little inconsistent in doing their job in our room. Nothing major, but worth noting.
- Front desk staff were friendly enough when we approached them with certain questions, otherwise they kept to themselves whenever we walked in & out of the lobby. This was consistent with morning, afternoon and evening staff. My girlfriend and I are accustomed to front desk staff being a little bit more openly welcoming. Again, it's not a major disappointment, but worth noting.
We would definitely stay at the Bamboo again. It has such an excellent location and as long as you're not expecting a 5-Star hotel, then I believe the many positives outweigh the few minor complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including a saltwater pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and stove-top. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu