“An EXCEPTIONAL welcoming HOTEL with wonderful and friendly staff, it was the best I've ever stayed at.”

Aqua Bamboo Waikiki
Ranked #44 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 16 April 2009

My Daughter and I stayed in this beautiful boutique style hotel the end of March, going into 1st week of April. Upon arrival the lobby area was very beautifully decorated with a very warm feeling of being in your own living room. All the staff where very friendly, welcoming and always smiling and happy. After a 12 hour flight from Toronto, it was a pleasure to enter a hotel with a cozy atmosphere that made you feel at home. When we opened the door to our room, we were both amazed and overwhelmed. It was magnificent. The room was huge, 2 queen bamboo beds, soooo very comfortable to sleep in. LCD tv on the wall in the bedroom, another one in the living room area, huge bathroom, very modern, large glass shower stall, enough room for 2 people, huge tub with another shower, double sinks, brass faucets, large black granite counter, just lots of room. The kitchentte area was lovely and modern with another frig, micro wave, counter 2 top stove, table and chairs, it was just amazing. I could retire and live in this setting forever. The balcony, well you could have a party on the balcony, which went out from the living room area and from the bedroom too. The room had all the amenities that you needed, plentiful of towels etc. and if there was anything more you needed, the staff was there to take care of it. The floors were done in beautiful stone slabs. I just loved our room. The pool area was very relaxing and tropical. Water fall going into the pool, it was so nice to listen to the sound of the waterfall. Again, very beautiful and well kept, it was just perfect. You do not need a huge pool like at the 5 star hotels, because the beach was only about 3 to 5 minutes walk and there was never any problem borrowing beach towels for the beach. Also, we were even able to borrow beach chairs for the beach, now you tell me, where do you get that kind of service at a 5star. The location of the hotel was perfect, as you were walking distance to everything, like the beach, downtown, night life. I should mention, I'm in my late 50's, and young at heart, and I still feel like in my 30's, as I love doing lot's of stuff. My daughter is in her late 20's and she too, just loved this hotel. As a family, we have done alot of travelling and I feel this hotel should be rated well more than a 3 star. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel, and hopefully this year with my husband. The 3rd night when my daughter and I went up to our room, to our surprise, there was something very special in our room. I immediately went down stairs to thank the staff. Leonor Wong, Director of Guest Relations, was just amazing, warm, and friendly person to ensure your stay is a very memorable one to enjoy. This has been the best hotel I've stayed in, and I can hardly wait to go back with my husband. Oh yes, one more thing, the continental breakfast every morning was very delightful. Excellent coffee, great danishes, freash juice, and fruit and there were also muffins and buns etc.

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank rambowhitby
There are newer reviews for Aqua Bamboo Waikiki

Reviewed 13 April 2009

The whole trip was a last minute thing that I decided to take with my mom soon after I left my husband. I needed some time to relax, regroup and clear my head. Going into it all - I was feeling very sad, confused and unsure of where my life was going to take me; however, soon after stepping through the door to the aqua bamboo hotel and spa, my life completely turned around. The front desk staff were amazing, immediatly upgrading our room to (in my oppinion) the best room in the hotel. It was so refreshing walking into our new room after that long 12 hour flight from Toronto, Ontario. The room was huge, beautiful and capured what I pictured a "hawaiinan" resort to look like. Big, gorgous, comfortable bamboo beds, nice granite countertops, slab rock flooring, patio and balcony going all around the outside of our room, brass bamboo flaucets in the bathroom - which leads me to say that the bathroom itself was a dream! The tub was a perfect ending every night to a gorgous day. The house keeping staff, and front desk were always smiling and happy to see us - they even rememberd our names. Lenore the manager always went out of her way for us to ensure we were happy and help us with anything we needed - wether it was booking a tour or finding the best sushi restaurnt on the island. Ive stayed at ohter resorts on the island - including the Hilton, and honestly, without any doubt on my mind, when I go back to Hawaii, I will never stay anywhere but the Aqua Bamboo every time. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK! for the best vacation I've ever had.

• Stayed: April 2009
3  Thank xbelieveinmex
Reviewed 13 April 2009

From the beginning of our stay, till our departure, we were made to feel like family.
Friendly service, staff that go above and beyond, truly set this hotel apart from the rest.

First off I must commend the General Manager (Joy) on choosing an Elite Staff of employees, that embody the ”Aloha Spirit” Truly understanding and catering to the guests every need. The Bellmen Mark, Puna and Anthony… Truly go that extra mile for their guests.
Christina and the Desk staff are phenomenal. Leonor … the guest host... Thank–you so much for everything. Sorry for all the name dropping however, its people like this that make the difference in your vacation stay.

J-B Baptista

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2009

Our service was great but the room was not very good for the amount we paid. There were little bugs in our room, the bathroom wasn't overly clean - hair stuck to the door and also the shower sucked, it would go boiling hot to freezing cold. The bed was comfy and the service was good. The continental breakfast was good and the pool was very clean & relaxing!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mlamama
Reviewed 9 April 2009

We have none. We were happy and do not have any suggestions except maybe have a computer for guests that does not cost so much money.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2009

A very enjoyable stay at your boutique hotel. It was relaxing and the friendliness of you and the staff was superb. We especially enjoyed the coffee, rolls, and fruit at breakfast. The hotel has a nice intimate ambiance and good cheer from you and the staff throughout the day and night. Much thanks for the 40th wedding anniversary champagne
waiting for us when we got back to our room at night...a delightful surprise!
Thanks!
Bob&Carolyn Hovey

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peppernme
Reviewed 3 April 2009

We booked the Aqua Bamboo and Spa from cheap tickets .com and were a little hesitant because if you have never seen a hotel or been given a reference from a friend or relative you really don't know what to expect. From the moment we arrived we were very pleasantly surprised. The Aqua is not a big hotel but is a bit of paradise in an urban setting. The service and personal care are outstanding. We have never felt so welcome in a hotel in all our years of travel. The staff is great and they try to accomadate you in every way. The Bamboozle reception every Thursday evening is an extra event to get the guests to mingle with the staff.
All the front desk and lobby help is exceptional, Reverie,Christine,Fe, Anthony, Puna, Mark an Joy and a few other part timers who we do not know their names. The ladies who cleaned the rooms and served the breakfast were also very friendly and kind.
Leonor Wong was especially attentive and kind to us which made the celebration of our 50th anniversary so very special. She is the director of guest relations and certainly is well qualified for that position. She makes you feel at home away from home. We were in Oahu three previous times at a different hotel and we enjoyed ourselves very much but our stay at the Aqua Bamboo was THE BEST!
There is nothing more that we can say except try this hotel. You will love it..
M and M Cammisa