My husband and i spent two nights here following six nights in a resort on the Big Island. We booked this looking for something a bit different and with a homely feel.
Firstly, we didn't do our research properly. You really do need a car to stay here. It's at least 45mins walk from the main strip and both the taxi and airport transfer both got lost trying to find it.
The whole house does have a Victorian feel and you do feel like you've stepped back in time. The family who live there and mange it were wonderful and friendly. The home cooked breakfast in the garden (pancakes!) was lovely.
With all the original fixtures and fittings the shower in the bathroom was difficult to use. So much so when we left for our flight at 3am we had to leave with it still on having spent over 30mins trying to turn it off.
The other odd thing was that it had quite a spooky feel.... Living in Wales I'm used to staying in converted old houses but there was something a little odd about this place. All In my head I'm sure! And maybe a good reason for some to visit :)
Thanks to the family for their hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manoa Valley Inn is a Victorian Inn filled with European antiques with a bit of island flair. This Historic Country Inn is an Oahu landmark located in an exclusive area of Honolulu right by the University of Hawaii. The Manoa Valley Inn was built in 1912 and provides a luxurious and quiet experience away from the din of Waikiki for visitors and local residents alike. The Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The prestigious Country Inn is conveniently located within minutes of Waikiki and the downtown Honolulu business district, yet it is surrounded by the beauty, luxury, and serenity of Manoa Valley. Relax in the quiet of the peaceful and spacious veranda and soak up a bit of Hawaiian nostalgia from years gone by. Stay with us, it's a very special surprise. It is an intimate retreat that provides a unique alternative to resort living. The Manoa Valley Inn has six special, spacious rooms and a charming country cottage waiting for you. We are within walking distance to U.H. Manoa, bus lines, restaurants and theater. Relax in our tropical saltwater heated swimming pool with a soft flowing waterfall located in a secluded garden with many trees and flowers. Breakfast consists of island fresh fruits, yogurt, bread, muffins or bagels, cold cereal, coffee, tea & juice, as well as brown rice, oatmeal with plenty of assorted nuts and dried fruits, a variety of tofu dishes and stir fried vegetables .. eggs when served are from an organic farm run by a family member. We buy local products from local organic farms as much as possible.Our Inn has five permanent guests who are 4 friendly and playful dogs and 1 mysterious black cat! E Komo Mai... Come In, Join Us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Manoa Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoa Valley Hotel Honolulu
- Manoa Valley Inn Hawaii/Honolulu