We stayed at the Manoa Valley Inn for four nights in early January, 2014. Making reservations was easy, and the staff was outstanding. The Inn is an older mansion in the university area. The neighborhood was quiet and safe. The house was old and beautifully decorated with antiques and artwork from the early 1900s. The furnishings were awesome for antique collectors like us. The lush vegetation on the grounds made us feel like we were outside of the city. The breakfasts that were served each morning were excellent, with fresh fruits, cereals, juices, coffee and hot selections. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and worked very well for us. The highlight was the outstanding staff, especially the young lady who was there to greet us each evening and at breakfast. What an outstanding hostess she was! We would highly recommend this eclectic Inn to anyone who wants to get out of the hustle and bustle of Waikiki or downtown and the high rise hotels and condos for a relaxing stay in a wonderful quiet setting..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manoa Valley Inn is a Victorian Inn filled with European antiques with a bit of island flair. This Historic Country Inn is an Oahu landmark located in an exclusive area of Honolulu right by the University of Hawaii. The Manoa Valley Inn was built in 1912 and provides a luxurious and quiet experience away from the din of Waikiki for visitors and local residents alike. The Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The prestigious Country Inn is conveniently located within minutes of Waikiki and the downtown Honolulu business district, yet it is surrounded by the beauty, luxury, and serenity of Manoa Valley. Relax in the quiet of the peaceful and spacious veranda and soak up a bit of Hawaiian nostalgia from years gone by. Stay with us, it's a very special surprise. It is an intimate retreat that provides a unique alternative to resort living. The Manoa Valley Inn has six special, spacious rooms and a charming country cottage waiting for you. We are within walking distance to U.H. Manoa, bus lines, restaurants and theater. Relax in our tropical saltwater heated swimming pool with a soft flowing waterfall located in a secluded garden with many trees and flowers. Breakfast consists of island fresh fruits, yogurt, bread, muffins or bagels, cold cereal, coffee, tea & juice, as well as brown rice, oatmeal with plenty of assorted nuts and dried fruits, a variety of tofu dishes and stir fried vegetables .. eggs when served are from an organic farm run by a family member. We buy local products from local organic farms as much as possible.Our Inn has five permanent guests who are 4 friendly and playful dogs and 1 mysterious black cat! E Komo Mai... Come In, Join Us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Manoa Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoa Valley Hotel Honolulu
- Manoa Valley Inn Hawaii/Honolulu