“Location, Location, Location”

Marine Surf Waikiki
Edmonton, Canada
“Location, Location, Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife and I rented a studio apartment at Marine Surf for nine days during our Waikiki vacation. We went through Niko who advertises as "Tropical Studio in the Heart of Waikiki". This is in an excellent location. It's just over 10 minutes to the beach and has restaurants, shopping and amenities all around it. The condo was very clean and came with a kitchenette which we used for breakfast only since there were so many dining options nearby. An electronic key opened the main door, elevators, and parking area. This made the room and building very safe and there was also a 24 hour security man supervising the building. We had free parking and excellent free Wi-fi. A nice balcony for coffee and drinks with a great view of Waikiki was used often. The only drawback is it is a bit loud at times since your right in the center of the action. It's not a high end hotel but if you want an affordable option and a very clean, safe, comfortable room in an amazing location, then this could be your place!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Great place to stay! We stayed from Dec 23 - 28, 2013 at the Peacock Studio apt 1003. The locatiion was perfect. The condo was centered to the beach, shopping center, bus, restaurants and the strip (beach). What can I say the location was perfect. The condo is exactly like the pictures, so no surprises and clean. Since the condo was well located, we were able to do all the sightseeing we wanted. We did not have a chance to meet Tom, but fefore our departure if we needed answeres to our questions, Tom did not hesistate to answer them. If any of our entourage should decide to visite Waikiki, I will recommend this condo. Thank you, Tom and Kelly. Quebec Canada

Room Tip: A room far from the main street.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Francine I
Victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I just spent a week in Waikiki Ocean View Condos unit 1703. The unit is exactly as pictured, the view much better than I anticipated, location is very good, close to shopping, restaurants, buses. Yes, the unit is a little noisy--but you are in the midst of everything, that being said, I slept with the balcony door open every night, so it wasn't that bad. Nick, the owner, is very personable, checking to make sure everything was OK when I got there and even called the last evening to wish me a good trip home. If the opportunity comes again I definitely will stay in one of Nick's units.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank RiverCruiser
Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

My husband and I rented unit #806 from Hawaii Condo Rentals and stayed for a week. We booked last minute and on a budget. This was the least expensive rental home we found with a kitchenette and decided to go for it. We had a good experience dealing with the Hawaiian Condo Rental staff and they easily accommodated our late arrival/check in. We liked that parking was included in the rental. The location was fantastic - yes a busy street (mostly pedestrians), but what do you expect in Honolulu/Waikiki! It was about a 10-15 minute walk to the beach and surrounded by shops, restaurants, nightlife etc. I did hear early morning garbage/delivery trucks.We ran the air conditioner at night and blocked out the street noise.

The unit itself was definitely not luxurious and could use some renos and serious cleaning! It was a decent size for the two of us and for the amount we were there it was ok. However, one morning my husband dropped something and went to wipe it and the cloth turned black. Obviously the floors had not been cleaned well, if at all. He saw one cockroach. (And there was signage while we were there indicating that pest control was there on a certain day if required) The bed was old, but comfortable enough. The balcony was small and our view was not great. We had a table and chairs, but no other seating. The closet was full of stuff so we only hung a couple of sweaters. The unit had basic TV but no internet. Also had towels, and very basic dishes. Bring your own shampoo etc.

The lobby of the condo/hotel has been renovated very nicely. We didn't use, or look at the pool. The need for keyfob to use the elevators made me feel this was a secure building.

I probably wouldn't choose this unit/location again renting from Hawaii Condo Rentals, however I'm not turned off of Marine Surf or Hawaii Condo Rentals. Our holiday was great, but next time something a little nicer would be ideal.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rx2travelAlberta
Cave Creek, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

By far, the worst trip to Hawaii and it was our honeymoon!. We stayed in #1602 and its an extremely old building that use to be a hotel so the rooms are tiny. It looked great online...the pictures were very well done but after you're in the room with old fashion low ceilings you feel trapped. We could have accepted the room size if it were not for all the ROACHES crawling everywhere..kitchen..bathroom..living in the bottom of the coffee pot!!!! So gross and disgusting. After making coffee and pouring it for my new husband, there was a baby roach floating on top! This is definitely a health issue as well. The bed was horribly uncomfortable and there were stains on the sheets! There was not enough room for luggage...tiny closet. The balcony railing was not to code...the rails were more than 4 inches apart making this very dangerous if anyone had small children. The website also said partial ocean view...joke! You could barely see a sliver at a great distance. The noise levels in the condo with all the traffic, buses and the air conditioning unit were very annoying! I would NOT recommend this condo. Nick Gravino is the owner. GLAD TO BE HOME!

Room Tip: you get what you pay for and this condo seems like a fabulous price but beware!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank babsdelite
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed for 12 days in May 2013. Wonderful location in the heart of Waikiki. Very well equip condo including beach towels, beach toys, and good range of kitchen utensils. 20th floor gave us unrestricted views across the city with a peep of the sea. 2 mins to Beach, ritzy shopping and great restaurants. While it is noisy I suspect that most of the accom in this area would suffer from that. After one good night sleep it didnt bother us again ... after all you are in the heart of the Waikiki playground. We booked via Captain Cook Resorts - very happy with the service. Building is secure, parking excellent, free Wifi. Highly recommend

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Fiona H
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I can’t say enough fabulous things about our stay at Marine Surf Waikiki! I was a little apprehensive before we got there – having booked this online and sight unseen – but my fears were put to rest the minute I stepped into the condo – absolutely gorgeous! It was spotless, the décor beautiful, the kitchen perfect for a long stay, the bed comfy, the TVs – I could go on and on. Nick met us there upon our arrival and made sure we had everything we needed. He checked in with us the next day to make sure all was well and we really appreciated that. He thought of every detail to make our stay wonderful – even had beach chairs, umbrella, and towels to use. Also the free parking and internet were a HUGE savings and the location was absolutely perfect!

We will definitely be staying here again the next time we vacation in Oahu – it was heaven in paradise!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple