We were very particular in deciding upon a waikiki hotel for our family vacation. In reading other reviews of other hotels, I was apprehensive about being nickel-and-dimed during our stay, as it appeared from many reviews that was standard practice for hotels in the honolulu/waikiki area. However, at the end of our stay, we had absolutely no incidental charges on our bill. (NOTE that we did not use the hotel valet parking; we chose to self-park at a nearby garage with lower rates). Included in our stay were the following: beautiful room w/ small lanai with a partial ocean view (view was obscured by nearby buildings but was still a good view); free breakfast; free in-room safe; free in-room wifi; free in-room coffee; free newspaper; and free use of beach towels to take to the beach and return when done. Fresh beach towels every day = wonderful! My kids were given free Hyatt Place sand toys/buckets to use as well. :) Friday night there was live music in the lobby. There were NO resort fees.
The room was gorgeous, clean, and had everything we needed. We had a spacious room with two queen beds. There was plenty of room. I liked how the bathroom vanity area was separate from the rest of the bathroom. There was also a nice sitting area in the room. We did not experience any issues or problems with noise, either from adjacent rooms or from the outside/street area.
The open-air lobby areas were very pretty. This hotel is not directly on the beach but is about a 2-minute walk. The heart of the area, which appeared to be in front of the Royal Hawaiian/Outrigger/Moana Surfrider, was within walking distance as well. If you are hesitant to book this hotel due to location (as I was - I thought ity would be too far from the beach) - don't worry about it - it is a non-issue - everything is very close.
The breakfast was a real money saver. Advertised prices for similar buffets in the area were around $20/pp. Food/restaurants in the area are very expensive and it was great to save the money by not worrying about breakfast. This was not the typical made-in-advance and left on the counter type of hotel breakfast. It had many everyday items that we enjoyed - steel-cut oats with berry sauce, nuts/seeds, all the fixings; freshly made breakfast sandwiches that were being made right on the spot and were on a daily rotation so they changed a little every day (also, these were not just egg-bread-bacon sandwiches; they had gouda, muenster, guacamole, spinach, tomatoes etc.) My daughter has a dairy allergy and I simply ordered hers w/o cheese everyday - this 'special order' request was always handled with a smile and promptly served up, although they were very busy, and I really appreciated that. There were also pancakes, waffles, various yogurts, juices, bagels etc. and HUGE heaping bowls of fresh pineapple - (delicious!!) We were so happy with the breakfast here. Yes, the pool area is a wind tunnel in the morning, as other reviewers have stated, but the benefit here outweighs that small inconvenience of that. Plus it was nice to eat breakfast outside every day.
We only used the pool once during our vacation. Although it had been important to me to book a hotel with a pool, we were at the ocean for all of our swimming! The pool was open until 10pm and is lit at night, which my kids did enjoy the one time they swam.
All in all, a great experience for us. We were very happy with this hotel. Everyone at this hotel was extremely helpful and genuinely friendly. I would definitely recommend the Hyatt Place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach. The 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Our Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen features freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, and Asian specialties. Stay refreshed with a selection of specialty beverages made with Starbucks(R) espresso roast and a variety of premium beers, wines & cocktails. During Happy Hour (4 to 7 PM daily), enjoy Long Board and Big Wave draft beers for $6, Stella for $7, and Mai Tais for $7. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our Gallery Market offers a selection of bottled beverages, perfectly packaged grab 'n go items from salads to sandwiches, while our Bakery Case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Valet parking: $32 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu