Stayed here in September 2013 for 4nights/5days. The hotel was perfect! From the friendly Aloha to the check in process, it was all done with a genuine smile. I paid for a City View base room and was pleasantly surprised when the guest check in liaison, Kimberly, upgraded us to the Penthouse level with a deluxe room! This was on the 20th Floor and had views of the city plus the mountains, it was breathtaking.
The room was quite spacious with 2 queen beds and a lounge area. There was even a balcony that had two chairs and a small table. The room was very clean and very modern with a luxe feel to it. Most Waikiki area hotels say they're on the beach, but they are actually across the road. The Hyatt Place is literally 2 minutes walk to Waikiki Beach. You can see the beach from the entrance to the hotel. They even give you beach towels which was and added bonus! There is a free continental breakfast everyday on the 3rd Floor along with the hotel's pool. The pool was simple and small but who needs a pool when you're a splash away from the beautiful Pacific! Other reviews complained about the breakfast and the pigeons. The breakfast area is an open are to the outdoors hence birds are about. Once you stay with your food, the birds don't bother you, however if you walk away for a second, say byebye to whatever you had on your plate! Breakfast was filling, ranged from french toast, to eggs and bacon. There is a selection of breads and bagels along with cereals and also 2 types of pastries. The nice thing about this hotel is that there is a tray in your room that you can bring down, should you wish to take your breakfast back to your room. I've not stayed at any other hotel that offers this. There is also a Gallery Menu in the lobby area which serves up a variety of food items at reasonable costs. Happy hour is also on daily from 4-6PM. Oh, and there is a 24HR fitness center (very nice and spacious) and a guest laundry (3 washers / 3 dryers). The laundry takes coins and credit cards. $3.00 per wash, $3.00 per dry and $1.50 for detergent.
The rooms do come with bottled water at a cost of $3.50 each, but 1 minute away from the hotel is a convenience store, ABC Stores, with bottled water at 99cents. Along with great souvenirs, snacks, drinks, food, medicine, actually anything that you will want or need and at great prices too!
The hotel is actually centrally located, you can walk to the Honolulu Zoo ($14 entry), small but nice, and all restaurants and shopping is right around the area. There is also an Expedia agent at this hotel where you can book tours etc.
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel for location, price, amenities and great, warm, friendly service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach. The 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Our Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen features freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, and Asian specialties. Stay refreshed with a selection of specialty beverages made with Starbucks(R) espresso roast and a variety of premium beers, wines & cocktails. During Happy Hour (4 to 7 PM daily), enjoy Long Board and Big Wave draft beers for $6, Stella for $7, and Mai Tais for $7. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our Gallery Market offers a selection of bottled beverages, perfectly packaged grab 'n go items from salads to sandwiches, while our Bakery Case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Valet parking: $32 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu