Spent 4 nights here from April 22nd to 26th, 2014.
- Free breakfast with plenty of selection. That is a nice touch considering in Waikiki meals can be pricey. Fruits, pastries, hot and cold cereal, bacon and eggs etc etc. It was very busy as to be expected, but we felt it was run quite efficiently and the food didn't run empty.
- Rooms were nice and clean as was the rest of the hotel.
- Comfortable beds
- Good location. We didn't find it too noisy (Waikiki can be very loud) because we were facing a side street. The hotel was just a couple of minutes walk to the beach. Most of the beach front hotels are very pricey compared to being a block or two away.
- Free wi-fi (the other hotel we stayed at in Waikiki charged $10.00 per day)
- Front desk staff were just ok. Not overly friendly, but not rude. Just doing their job...nothing more, nothing less. The bar staff were a little more in tune with customer service I think. They have a happy hour in the afternoon and make good tropical drinks.
Things we didn't like:
- If you want a decent size balcony with a view, you may want to give this place a miss. We were on the 5th floor (I asked for the highest floor possible and that was it - hotel was apparently very full). The balcony was so small that you couldn't even face forward in your chair. You had to sit sideways because it was only about 2 feet deep and maybe 8 feet long. We gazed over a rather ugly apartment building. Needless to stay, we didn't spend any time on it. Maybe you get a bigger balcony with a room upgrade??
- The room was tiny.
You get what you pay for. Overall no big complaints about this property. We were satisfied. We paid about $170.00 per night here. We stayed at another nearby Hilton property when we returned to Waikiki after the cruise we took. The Hilton was about $50.00 more per night and you paid for wifi and no breakfast included. It was worth paying the extra though to have a larger balcony with a fabulous view from the 30th floor, not to mention a much larger room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach. The 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Our Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen features freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, and Asian specialties. Stay refreshed with a selection of specialty beverages made with Starbucks(R) espresso roast and a variety of premium beers, wines & cocktails. During Happy Hour (4 to 7 PM daily), enjoy Long Board and Big Wave draft beers for $6, Stella for $7, and Mai Tais for $7. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our Gallery Market offers a selection of bottled beverages, perfectly packaged grab 'n go items from salads to sandwiches, while our Bakery Case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Valet parking: $32 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Splitty, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu