As a business traveler, I needed relatively low cost accommodations that had lots of amenities. Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach was better than expected. The hotel itself is in close proximity to pretty much everything.
I had a room where you could see the ocean off in the distance, the hotel itself is an easy few blocks from the beach. Heating/Cooling worked great and the room had a small balcony. Overall, it was roomy and comfortable and I could not hear noise from the other rooms.
Breakfast is free (Yeah!) and there is plenty to eat. Yes, it does get busy at the buffet line but you’ll still get plenty to eat. ABC stores, there is one on every corner in Waikiki but this one has one right around the corner that’s open late.
Parking - Valet is a $30 a night. Typically, I hate paying for parking but everyone charges for it in Waikiki and with the area being really crowded, it kind of makes a valet a necessity. This being said, I didn't tip the valets once and still received phenomenal service. They’re a great bunch of guys and really hardworking too. The only caveat is if you are headed out in the morning, there may be several folks waiting for their car.
If I come back to Waikiki, this will be my first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is conveniently located on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki and just a 3-minute walk to the golden sands of Waikiki Beach. The 100% smoke-free Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is a spring board to many activities and attractions for the visitor on the go. Our Complimentary a.M. Kitchen Skillet™ breakfast available in our Guest Kitchen features freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, pancakes, oatmeal, and Asian specialties. Stay refreshed with a selection of specialty beverages made with Starbucks(R) espresso roast and a variety of premium beers, wines & cocktails. During Happy Hour (4 to 7 PM daily), enjoy Long Board and Big Wave draft beers for $6, Stella for $7, and Mai Tais for $7. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our Gallery Market offers a selection of bottled beverages, perfectly packaged grab 'n go items from salads to sandwiches, while our Bakery Case offers an array of tempting pastries and sweets. Complimentary 24-hour Stay Fit(R) fitness center with Life Fitness(R) cardio equipment located on the third floor. Sliding door access to the pool deck. Valet parking: $32 daily fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Resort Honolulu
- Ocean Resort Hawaii
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Oahu
- Ocean Resort Hotel Waikiki Honolulu
- Ocean Waikiki Hotel
- Hawaii Ocean Resort
- Ocean Resort Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Waikiki
- Ocean Hotel Honolulu
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu