“Small rooms but good value”

Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach
Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We spent a few nights here on a stopover on the way to Maui. They have a few different size rooms which was odd to me for a Hyatt Place. The room we got was very small and cramped, and I could barely fit between the bed and the dresser. The hotel was clean and offered free breakfast which was nice. Valet parking can be expensive so we parked in the garage across the street which saved us a bit of cash and was still very convenient.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chuckmd
Write a ReviewReviews (3,205)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was NOT expecting much from a Hyatt Place especially in Waikiki but this place way exceeded my expectations. Overall friendly and good location to get in and out of Waikiki. It is next to the Zoo so if you know your way around there, you can get our of town OR if you want the night life, it is walking distance.

The front desk was a bit swamped and it slowed service a bit but they made things "right." I called and they said my room was ready, but when I got there, they had the wrong room, but we were allowed to check in to that room, took a shower, then when when we were at dinner, they moved our bags to the right room! More service than I expected.

The room as nice too...Two queens and a pull out. Not great view, but that was not what I was expecting. There are nice views to be had on the east/zoo side. The towels were plush and beds crisp and comfortable. The breakfast was awesome..Japanese and western style. The breakfast was so good, that it forced me to use the workout room, which was nice too.

Not great amenities in the hotel, but good short walking access to all you would need.

I WOULD stay there again. Not a luxury hotel, but when in Hawaii, I am running around.

Room Tip: East/Zoo side has the views if you are in the higher floors.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TahmiJoh
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Aloha TahmiJoh- Mahalo for the wonderful review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our a.m. Kitchen Skillet and comfortable Hyatt Grand bedding. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach on your next return the area.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach in March, 2013, and thought my room was fabulous. It was a huge room! It has a king bed, couch, and love seat. My room would have easily accommodated four adults with no crowding. A complimentary daily breakfast was included. The staff was extremely kind and courteous. I usually prefer staying right on the beach, but the price was so good here, the view from the side sufficed. The beach is a short walk with wonderful breezes. (If you have a good haircut, you will never need to dry your hair, and it will fall into place perfectly!) We have stayed at other wonderful hotels in the area, but this is the one I will chose to stay at again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JodyBelle

Aloha JodyBelle- Mahalo for the wonderful feedback! We sincerely appreciate you acknowledging our friendly team members, spacious guest room, and gorgeous views of Waikiki. It gives us great pleasure to hear that you have already chosen to stay with us again on your next return.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

As a business traveler, I needed relatively low cost accommodations that had lots of amenities. Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach was better than expected. The hotel itself is in close proximity to pretty much everything.

I had a room where you could see the ocean off in the distance, the hotel itself is an easy few blocks from the beach. Heating/Cooling worked great and the room had a small balcony. Overall, it was roomy and comfortable and I could not hear noise from the other rooms.

Breakfast is free (Yeah!) and there is plenty to eat. Yes, it does get busy at the buffet line but you’ll still get plenty to eat. ABC stores, there is one on every corner in Waikiki but this one has one right around the corner that’s open late.

Parking - Valet is a $30 a night. Typically, I hate paying for parking but everyone charges for it in Waikiki and with the area being really crowded, it kind of makes a valet a necessity. This being said, I didn't tip the valets once and still received phenomenal service. They’re a great bunch of guys and really hardworking too. The only caveat is if you are headed out in the morning, there may be several folks waiting for their car.

If I come back to Waikiki, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AdvTravelR

Aloha AdvTravelR- It gives us great pleasure to see that you have designated us as your 1st choice hotel in Waikiki. We pride ourselves on our consistent service efforts and value proposition. Our modern amenities, convenient location, and friendly staff are what makes our hotel stand out among the rest!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Location a bit down the Waikiki strip. Room was typical Hyatt Place, very roomy. Free breakfast was excellent, good variety and nice pool outdoor location. Friendly helpful staff. Activities desk person had good knowledge of Honolulu and book exactly what I wanted.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tkarpinski
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Checking in was quite the circus since a high school band (like 200 + people in the lobby) had also just arrived. But the receptionist got us into a great room and I found this to probably be one of the CLEANEST hotels I have ever stayed at, and I am REALLY picky. The linens were so soft and fresh, the room was a great size. Ours came with continental breakfast, which also was decent. Nick the bartender was especially helpful because we were running late for an outing and I wanted to fill up my Nalgene before going out (with tap water and ice from the ice machine) but had forgotten and didn't really want to trudge upstairs to do so since I had already had the valet go get my car. Nick was super nice and filled up both my Nalgene bottles from the bar. Super nice. Great hotel. Awesome staff. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelKiwi_10
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

MelKiwi_10- Mahalo for sharing your great feedback with us. We pride ourselves on our pristine accommodations and exceptional service. It gives us great pleasure to read that Nick went above and beyond for you while you were here. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I would have given this hotel 5 stars if it has been on the beach! Although redecorated 2 years ago, the rooms look like they were redone last week. The decor is very nice and the rooms are beautiful. The room we had, an upgraded queen room (1408), was very large with the bed area separated from the wrap around sofa area by a narrow divider. The carpet looked brand new, the bed linens were crisp and white, and the bath towels were large and thick. The bath featured a very large, thick glass walk-in shower with the shower/toilet room separated by a door from the very pretty sink area. The only negative was that the sink area opened into the bedroom (no door) and one light switch turned on the sink area and shower/toilet area lights. So, if anyone turned on the light switch to use the toilet during the night, the bedroom lighted up. A large safe in the closet was appreciated. The hotel staff from curb to reception to housekeeping was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included. It was probably the best complementary breakfast I've had in a hotel with delicious fresh squeezed orange juice and numerous hot and cold breakfast items all well cooked and presented, and served in a beautiful setting on the open air swim pool deck of the hotel. The free Wi-Fi in our room was fast, and computers were available (free) in the lobby for printing boarding passes.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TravelTalk4You

TravelTalk4You- Mahalo for the wonderful feedback! We enjoyed reading how much you appreciated our well-appointed accommodations, contemporary decor and crisp linens. It is very flattering to read that you found our breakfast to be the best you've ever had when staying at a hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again!