We stayed for 6 days at the end of May 2011. We had a Partial Ocean view on the 11th floor of the Pacific wing. In general, we really enjoyed our stay, with few annoyances. I would recommend this as an excellent value hotel in the 4-star range.
The room was clean, nice and cool even with the A/C off, and large enough for us (2 adults and a child). The king bed was comfortable too. We made good use of the mini-fridge, safe, and sofa-bed.
The hotel has 1 pool and a few hot tubs, and 3 restaurants on site. Since we had breakfast included, we tried all 3 - Ocean House was definitely the favorite with delicious omelettes, freshly squeezed juices, and top service. Shore Bird was ok, but not a huge selection at the buffet. I don't recommend the pool bar restaurant for breakfast due to lack of decent choice or quality.
Location-wise, we enjoyed being a bit away from the center of Waikiki, and were close enough to restaurants, shopping, the beach, and ABC stores to enjoy our stay.
To highlight some of the great services we received:
- Free hospitality room on our last day - after checking out, we could still make use of a room for a short time to shower and repack before heading to the airport. What a great service!! I totally recommend this hotel for that alone!
- Free instructional activities - lei making, hula, ukulele, etc... we had a lot of fun! Some people we randomly encounted at the Hilton complimented the leis we had made and remarked that they wished they had similar activities at their hotel.
- Free towels for the pool/beach with no hassle.
There were a few things I found annoying during the trip:
- The lack of stable wireless internet in the rooms - apparently these are new, and the service (Lodgenet) was not working well. For people with iPhones, iPads, or Android phones, this is really hard to deal with. I tried in the lobby as well, and sometimes had problems there. The hotel staff were not very helpful for this, asking me to call technical support from my room. Wired internet was working ok.
- There were not enough rooms for hand/face towels at the sink, and the towels kept falling off the rack when you tried to put them back on. There was plenty of open wall space, but only a tiny towel rack.
- Our room was right above the pool bar, which had loud live music every night until 9~9:30pm. Although the music was very nice, because of the volume, some nights it was difficult to get my child to sleep.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelbag, Hotelopia, TravelUp, Southall Travel and HotelsClick so you can book your Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Reef On The Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Reef Beach
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu