Pacific Marina Inn Airport
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)
Prince Waikiki(Honolulu)
The Equus Hotel(Honolulu)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe free shuttle serviceshuttle driverbaggage claimhnl airportstayed one nightnice pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Our room was terrible. I wouldn't even take a shower for fear the bathroom wasn't cleaned properly. The service of the staff was very friendly, but not enough to ever choose to stay here again. It's too bad there aren't more hotels close to the airport. We stayed here out if convenience and would rather drive the extra 30min for a decent place to stay... even if our flight leaves at 5am, it would be worth the extra time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jessie P
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Looking back on it, I resent having paid $98, plus Honolulu's healthy hotel tax, for this no-big-deal place at the end of 2012. Yes, there is service to the to the airport, but a lot of places in the other 49 states provide that for a lot lower room rate. I even took The Bus to there, and would NEVER have found the motel from the "correct" bus stop without the aid of a local couple, since the walking route is so winding, and partially-hidden.The motel itself is set back off a big intersection and would be hard to find even by car.
No, I didn't encounter hookers and the karaoke bar was OK as such places go, but was not inspired at all.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Quaker0ats
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Most people stay here to save money for a night in order to catch their flight the next day, thanks to the airport shuttle service - that's why we stayed here. Guess what? IT'S NOT WORTH IT!! Pay the little bit extra, stay in Waikiki, and just get up a little earlier the next day to make your flight. The motel is located in an industrial area that feels extremely unsafe, particularly at night. There were a lot of dodgy characters floating around, and we hardly slept because of the noise that people made running around the motel grounds all night. The rooms are uncomfortable, musty and claustrophobic. The motel's claim to fame is that an episode of 'Hawaii 5.0' was filmed there. I haven't seen the episode but I'll bet that it was the location for some scene involving a seedy drug bust. Honestly, the only thing missing from this place was a chalk outline and yellow police tape. The only redeeming feature of this place was Luis, the front desk clerk who entertained us with stories about the film crews who had worked there, and gave us great information on the area to try and make our stay as convenient as possible. Apart from him, everything else about the place was awful. The fact that it is close to the airport is not enough of a reason to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo1255
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This hotel is basic, but clean and safe. The staff were welcoming and accommodating. It has dependable 24 hour shuttle service to and from the airport which was important to me since I had to be at the airport by 3:30 AM. The room was small, but offered free wifi and a comfortable place to lay my head for the night. They offer several types of discounts. Be sure to ask. I received the senior discount for being over 55. After the discount, the room was about $60 cheaper than the other two airport hotels nearby. If you are after convenience rather than luxury, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Suggest you ask for a courtyard room. It is a little quieter and the garden is lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank IMajuro_Island_Girl
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Basically a trucker motel in the midst of blocks of industrial buildings, in the morning I couldnt walk far enough to get a real coffee, and after a huge flight from NZ, nothing else was on me mind..a cheaper hotel rater was available in Waikiki, several in fact, but I was flying-on the next day and thought I could save on taxi/shuttle fees and access, this hotel picked me up, ad it was typical...clean linens, slight antiseptic cleaning smell, great access I love where you can park at your room, and the restaurant opted at 9am, me mind was on a 6am. No complaints for near airport crash pad, except I like coffee in a paper cup with halfnhalf..

Room Tip: go downtown
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo