“Close to Airport”

Ranked #81 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Close to Airport”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Hotel located very close the the airport. I got this hotel through travelocity and didnt want to spend alot since it was just going to be a back up place to stay for me. I paid to stay 3 nights with my package but only stayed the 3rd nite (last night), and that wasnt an issue at the front desk. They even gave me a graded room with 3 beds. The staff was nice and the rooms were fairly clean. There were some stains on some of the towels...which i wasnt happy about but I found some clean ones. The walls are thin and it is an older property but what do you except for such a cheap price. For me...it was worth the price b/c it only came up to about an extra $25 on my travel package. If you dont have a rental its about $30-40 cab rife to waikiki beach. Since I was traveling alone I didnt feel that safe at night, at first but no one bothered me. Free parking was a plus. I didnt try the chinese food but i heard it was decent

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

It's an older hotel some might even say a little rundown and in an industrial park. But it's close to the airport and the staff is excellent. I agree with some other reviewers that it definitely needs some updating but staff and customer service makes all the difference I'd stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Well lets start with the positives....
It does have a free shuttle bus and a pool ,, thats about the end of the positives ..
It is a VERY old motel in the middle of an industrial area surronded by factories and miles from anything, to go to Waikiki it is $40 each way, $80 return in a taxi so that takes away from any value of staying here , if you are flying into Honolulu late and flying out early the next morning this will fit your needs, the rooms are small but the beds are OK, but if you are staying any longer you would be better to stay in Waikiki, we stayed 1 night which was 2 days and we spent $160 just on taxi's.. there is no breakfast but it does have a chiness rest onsite and the food was OK.. We booked this motel on price and it was a mistake, if I went back I would pay a little more and get a lot more, I asked reception to check my flights they gave me a number to ring and said it was a free call at checkout they wanted me to pay for a FREE call.
Would I stay at this motel again NO, would I recommend this Motel, ONLY if you need a bed and shuttle (Arriving late leaving early )

Room Tip: All rooms have airport noise
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rauchous

Travellers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 September 2013

What an overpriced dive. We arrived in Honolulu at 9.30pm and was departing at 8.30am so I wanted a place close to the airport. There are way cheaper options in town but I figures it would still cost around $150 by the time you pay for shuttles or taxis.

I didn’t expect to be in luxury accommodation but when paying $150 a night for this place I expected something ok.

This place is not ok. Cramped room, dark and dungy. Very tired, peeling paint and wallpaper. The bathroom is unpleasant, cleanliness was average. I would have been ok with this had I paid $60-$80. But at the prices these guys charge, customers deserve better.

I feel ripped off.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank natsnaps
USA
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This hotel was very close to the airport and the shuttle driver was very nice. He picked us up after we took our rental car back and then the next morning took us to the airport. The hotel is older, but the room we stayed in had 3 beds, perfect for 3 adults. It was clean, just wore out. My sister and I went down to the vending machine and had a creepy man watching us. Kind of looked like a transient. If you need a place to stay close to the airport that doesn't cost you over $200.00 then this place is okay. The courtyard and swimming pool looked nice, we did not use it. Just like other viewers said, the lounge was crowded and loud with some sort of bingo charity game going on, but that didn't bother us. Did not use their restaurant so I cannot comment on that.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gramstraveler
Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I read some of the reviews and should have paid attention to them. If you need a decent place to stay overnight while waiting for a flight - go over to the Airport Hotel or the Plaza. This place here is only a little bit cheaper, in an industrial area and has some real strange folks hanging around. The nearest store is a gas station a block away. Rooms are tiny and noisy. Front desk was curt and short with me. The breakfast was coffee and stale rolls.

I did not feel comfortable here at all so I canceled my second night and went over to the Airport Hotel (formerly Ohana). When I asked to cancel, some guy in the back said I had to call central reservations since I'd made mine on-line - so I asked them to call the number for me so I could cancel - geez.

Too creepy for me - never again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is the place to stay if you just want somewhere not too expensive close to the airport.
The pluses are that there is a direct call phone from the baggage area at the airport and 10 minutes later they pick you up for free and take you back to the airport every 30 minutes on the hour and 1/2 hour.
The staff were very helpful and everything was OK.
The rooms are very small the really are just for overnight and the area around the hotel is industrial and a bit rough. There is a licensed shop / petrol station 2 minutes walk away and they have a restaurant but it was closed when I was there.
I would stay there again for an overnight stop unless you have not been to Honolulu then you should stay in town and have a look around it would not be worth the taxi fares to stay here and go to / back to town.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor if you can so you don't have to use steps up to the upper levels
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo