“pacific marina hotel near airport honolulu”

Pacific Marina Inn Airport
Ranked #81 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 17 February 2014

decent motel but bare bones.and rather shabby.We stayed one night before flying out to San Jose,Ca. We arirvied from Tahiti at 5:30 AM. and they had the room ready
(we had called and told them about our arrival when we bookd the reservation) Room was dated and had twin beds but was clean and has decent beds and bathroom. The best thing was the room was ready, Chinese restaurant attatced with decent food If you not fussy ew reccomend this place

Room Tip: Good value
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nmh61hw

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I know the Title of this Review sounds a bit odd, but ......this would be a good hotel and a
reasonable at rates of $80 to $100, not at the exorbitant rates commanded now. Note that
other reviewers have also felt rates were too high.
But, this is not a bad property if the rates were less. There is a very pretty pool area and
the pool itself is sparkling clean. The room I had was smaller than some jail cells, chuckle,
and did not have a refrigerator. (In fairness, Honolulu electric rates are high and small refirg-
erators are not energy efficient). The stall shower had good water pressure. The water
closet (i.e. toilet--I'm trying to be classy here) was tiny, tiny, and tiny.....where did they find it?
It was not comfortable. Parking was adequate and, hurrah, free.
And, as an airport hotel, it's a good location for business travel---but management just ruined
that aspect by removing the lobby computer that had been there for guest use (pay for use)
Apparently, one pays a huge premium for the location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was very disappointed with this hotel. The room smelt and was in need of refurbishing. After a full day flying I was tired and hungry but the only food choice was delivery pizza or snacks from vending machines. No tea or coffee facilities in the rooms and I paid $150 for the 8 hours I spent. It is just passable if you only have an overnight stay and need to be at the airport early but otherwise there are much better options in the city. The free shuttle was the best thing about this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ruth R
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Rather than take up an hour of your time listing what's wrong with this place, I'll write down all the good things (on a postage stamp):

1. Near the airport.
2. If listening to airplanes floats your boat, then that's also a good point.
3. In-room wifi (sporadic) and free shuttle bus every 30 mins.

Dated motel on an industrial estate. Previous guests' hair remained on bathroom floor and elsewhere, despite cleaning visits. No soundproofing. Paid $150 a night, a joke, and a fair amount higher than my "booking" with booking.com. Plus they took my reservation of a smoking room, then tell me on arrival it's all non-smoking. That's just a scumbag trick, as I wouldn't have booked if I'd known.

My advice if you have to stay here, is move on to a proper hotel asap.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CottonZ
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Worst hotel of our trip. We were only on a layover so thought this would be a good option to save travel time - mistake!

Our first impression wasnt great and nothing changed our mind. When we arrived they were drying the rug in the foyer as it was roped off with "crime scene do not cross" tape. The room itself was old and depressing, certainly not newly renovated as advertised. We had a number of cockroaches camping out with us, and a creature that I would guess to be some sort of weasel running around the garden near the pool. The pool also needed some attention - cigarette buts and dead insects++.

The airport shuttle was at least free and ran regularly.

Many of the people I saw staying there seemed to be longtermers and they certainly didn't look like tourists.

I certainly could not recommend this place to anyone -not even to the budget concious as I paid almost $200 for the 8 hours we were there.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank LeanneTonyNate
Reviewed 25 January 2014

If you have an early flight from Honolulu airport this is an excellent cheap option for your last night. The staff are very friendly and obliging from the shuttle drivers and front desk to the bar staff. You may want to pass on the Chinese restaurant but Papa John does great delivery pizza just ask the front desk for the phone number. We took the free shuttle to catch the 7.30am Jetstar flight to Melbourne and it takes just five minutes to get there as opposed to at least half an hour from Waikiki (can be longer in the traffic which is often bad).

Room Tip: Try to get one overlooking the courtyard and pool rather than the car park.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 19 January 2014

When did I suddenly wake up and find that $100 per night gets you budget accommodation? Well it does in Honolulu. Location, Location, Location I guess is the key to it.

In reception they have photos of the cast of Hawaii 5O thanking them for filming there. The cast didn't stay there but I am guessing the hotel was used for where the plot tracked some low life criminal who was crashing at a cheap hotel. (Photos showed the cast with guns drawn around the hotel) Anyway the Hotel was proud of it's 3 seconds of fame.

So don't stay here if your overweight or have a heart condition because it is a 3 story walk up with no elevator and if you get a room on the top floor which I did then you’ll want to be part pack mule. They don't have a anyone to help you with luggage either or, if they do they certainly didn't volunteer him when I complained. I had 3 bags one heavy so I made 2 trips up and 2 trips down.

The room is very spartan but has a bed and a shower. There is a microwave and an empty fridge. No jug, no tea or coffee and no cutlery and no minibar. I made the joke when checking out that I didn't have anything from the minibar and the guy serving me looked confused. Okay, so my sense of humor might be a bit esoteric.

The hotel is isolated so you'd need to get a cab for a restaurant but they do have a restaurant downstairs next to reception. It's a Chinese Hamburger crossover joint if you can cope with the food culture. Next to the restaurant there is a Bar too. I didn't eat there so I can't vouch for the food.

This place did have a really nice swimming pool and it was well maintained. The internet worked great and was free and easy to log onto with no stupid passwords. It also has a 24 hour shuttle that runs every half hour on the hour. I found it clean and reasonably well managed.

So if you need a one night stop over near the airport at a reasonable price then this place might fit the bill.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo