“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Close to the airport w a shuttle, that's about it for the positive. WAY overpriced! $115 after tax for a single that was small, cinder block walls and old. Id say it was a $30 room at best normally, but it is in the most overrated place Ive ever been, Honolulu! The staff at check in was miserable, I asked for a AAA or other rate and they were blunt to tell me the rate was $99 per night no matter what. I went down the next morning, which happened to be Easter, to see if I could get a late check out since my flight was not until 8pm. I was told by a very inpersonable man that check out was 11am and he asked rudely what time I wanted the late check out for, like I was trying to screw them. I said 1pm and he rudely said no 12pm would be the latest I could check out. I asked "not even on Easter since Im away from my family huh?" He said "nope." Not even a sorry. Not a great way to make a return customer. Very rude and no caring for the customer. He did mention they charged for a later check out and I said I had already given them plenty for this place! Pay the extra at the airport or stay in Waikiki, do not stay here!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
cedar city, ut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

The pro's: the shuttle was great. The con's; everything else! Creepy, small, noisy room. Spend more and stay elsewhere. The hotel is in need of a major refurb. We were only at the hotel for about 12 hours, and that was too long.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank utahgirl

Travellers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here on my way to Micronesia. It worked out well. I came in late and did not have to wait long at the airport for the free shuttle. Once at the hotel I was checked in quickly. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room wasn't fancy but it was clean and quiet and I slept well. The pool looked inviting but my bathing suit was on its way to Micronesia in my checked luggage. The price was more than what I wanted to pay for a quick overnight stay but I think reasonable for Honolulu and as it is so convenient worth it. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Mine was on the ground floor near the pool. No problems with noise.
Hopkins, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

The motel was is on a bus route. I was concerned for my safety after dark; walking the 3 blocks to the motel. I was approached nightly by people in need ,asking for help. The room was clean, but I felt the mattress spring poke me. Being near the airport I heard the planes take off in the morning. The staff was friendly and helpful. I used the shuttle service to the airport. If you use public transportation the nearest restaurant is Wendy's. No ABC or other stores or restaurants are close. I did not use the parking and I wonder if your car would be damaged by those needing "help". I would stay again but would rent a car(but I don't walk much in retirement).

San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Thankfully (?) I got a deal on the rate online or else this probably would be a worse review. I needed a place to crash for one night near HNL - and this was the cheapest option. The limitations were numerous: My large rolly bag and I received a 3rd floor room - no elevator in the place... the room was small, the bed was pretty poor (I could feel the springs through the comically thin sheets and mattress pad). the bathroom didn't even have a small shelf for toiletries - I had to you the top of the toilet itself, etc. You get the idea I'm sure. it's also located in an industrial area - nothing really "walking distance" away. It was clean, I'll give it that, and the AC worked. So it could have been worse (which is why it doesn't get a 1 star). If you just need a quick, clean bed, and money is a priority, you might want to consider this place. Next time I'll pay a few $$ more and get something a rung up...

Room Tip: It has no elevator - look for a ground level room if you have big bags.
1 Thank MSSD3210
michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

decent motel but bare bones.and rather shabby.We stayed one night before flying out to San Jose,Ca. We arirvied from Tahiti at 5:30 AM. and they had the room ready
(we had called and told them about our arrival when we bookd the reservation) Room was dated and had twin beds but was clean and has decent beds and bathroom. The best thing was the room was ready, Chinese restaurant attatced with decent food If you not fussy ew reccomend this place

Room Tip: Good value
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nmh61hw
Pahoa, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I know the Title of this Review sounds a bit odd, but ......this would be a good hotel and a
reasonable at rates of $80 to $100, not at the exorbitant rates commanded now. Note that
other reviewers have also felt rates were too high.
But, this is not a bad property if the rates were less. There is a very pretty pool area and
the pool itself is sparkling clean. The room I had was smaller than some jail cells, chuckle,
and did not have a refrigerator. (In fairness, Honolulu electric rates are high and small refirg-
erators are not energy efficient). The stall shower had good water pressure. The water
closet (i.e. toilet--I'm trying to be classy here) was tiny, tiny, and tiny.....where did they find it?
It was not comfortable. Parking was adequate and, hurrah, free.
And, as an airport hotel, it's a good location for business travel---but management just ruined
that aspect by removing the lobby computer that had been there for guest use (pay for use)
Apparently, one pays a huge premium for the location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business