“Horrible”

Ranked #81 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Huntington Beach, California
“Horrible”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Was greeted by the very bitter and salty staff. Checked in and got my room key and headed straight to my room with my luggage in hand where i was greeted by 2 mid 40s, trailor-parky prostitutes. They offered to keep me company but i politely declined. Walls are non existent you could hear people all around you and yea this place is built like a motel. It was a bargain for 85$ but you really get what you pay for.. this MOTEL is trouble in paradise.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jay R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We needed a hotel just for 10 hours between flights, and the other airport hotels were booked. While this place would not be my first choice, it was fine for one night ... if there's no other options, it's an ok place to stay, but look other places first.
Pros: pool, decently comfy bed, friendly airport shuttle service, A/C, free coffee, wasn't too noisy
Cons: scratchy comforter, would be extremely overpriced anywhere that wasn't Waikiki, but still a little pricey for what you get

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chasingsunshine111
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I would never stay here again! I wish id read these reviews before I booked! It's in a really scary neighbourhood, I didn't even want to step out of motel room. It's VERY rundown and not everything works. My room smelt mouldy and what ever way I shut the blinds you could still see in. I felt unsafe the whole time. I think people just see the free shuttle and book it with out investigating what it's like. I can't believe how much it cost me for one night. Such a rip off. I thought it was going to be a lot nicer for what I paid!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Lucyjayne1990

Travellers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The one positive thing about this place is the shuttle service from the airport. When I flew in I called all the places featured in the airport (yeah, I should have planned better) and this was the only one with availability. Went, paid $200 for a crappy tiny room that sounded like the walls were nonexistent, and it didn't help that it was in a trashy area. Like I felt unsafe. Long story short, I found another place to stay that night and the three guys at the desk all told me different refund policies and refused to give me even a partial refund. I was in the room less than an hour and hardly touched anything! Sleezy people, way overpriced for what you get, terrible service. Sleep in the airport before you come here!!

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank LoveHIsun
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Close to the airport w a shuttle, that's about it for the positive. WAY overpriced! $115 after tax for a single that was small, cinder block walls and old. Id say it was a $30 room at best normally, but it is in the most overrated place Ive ever been, Honolulu! The staff at check in was miserable, I asked for a AAA or other rate and they were blunt to tell me the rate was $99 per night no matter what. I went down the next morning, which happened to be Easter, to see if I could get a late check out since my flight was not until 8pm. I was told by a very inpersonable man that check out was 11am and he asked rudely what time I wanted the late check out for, like I was trying to screw them. I said 1pm and he rudely said no 12pm would be the latest I could check out. I asked "not even on Easter since Im away from my family huh?" He said "nope." Not even a sorry. Not a great way to make a return customer. Very rude and no caring for the customer. He did mention they charged for a later check out and I said I had already given them plenty for this place! Pay the extra at the airport or stay in Waikiki, do not stay here!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert B
cedar city, ut
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The pro's: the shuttle was great. The con's; everything else! Creepy, small, noisy room. Spend more and stay elsewhere. The hotel is in need of a major refurb. We were only at the hotel for about 12 hours, and that was too long.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank utahgirl
San Jose, California
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here on my way to Micronesia. It worked out well. I came in late and did not have to wait long at the airport for the free shuttle. Once at the hotel I was checked in quickly. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room wasn't fancy but it was clean and quiet and I slept well. The pool looked inviting but my bathing suit was on its way to Micronesia in my checked luggage. The price was more than what I wanted to pay for a quick overnight stay but I think reasonable for Honolulu and as it is so convenient worth it. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Mine was on the ground floor near the pool. No problems with noise.