“Staycation”

Ranked #69 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Staycation”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had to stay at this hotel due to our apt was being fumigation. I was looking for a place to stay and the Pagoda has always been my go to place. And mainly of their kitchenette, I always like that in a hotel.and having kamaaina rates always help a local on a budget. The only thing I didn't like was the check in & out time. Too bad one is not able to check in and out when they wanted to. I would come back here again and recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Aloha Diane D,
Mahalo for taking the time to post a review! It is encouraging to hear that you are a returnee and find value in our reasonable prices, spacious kitchenettes, and commitment to kama'āina and malihini alike. Though our check-in time of 3pm and check-out time of 12pm are in-line with most of the industry, we do try to accommodate our guests when we are able. All of us here at the Pagoda Hotel hope to have you as a guest again very soon!
Paul Dun - Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My room was clean.Desk clerk friendly,anything that was wrong in the room.They fix or exchange.No peeling,hair or anything in the room.It was clean.No stained carpet.And everything,I needed was close by.Including Walmart 5 minutes walk.Ala Moana Center . Mcdonalds,Jack in the box and more.Taking my husband there.And the restaurant good food.Even has a pool ,not a big pool.Price reasonable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mary997
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Aloha mary997,
Thank you for the review! Your comments are appreciated and we are sharing this review with our staff at our next meeting. I am ecstatic that you found the rooms clean, the staff friendly, and that the location was perfect for you. We look forward to you and your husband returning to the Pagoda Hotel very soon!
Me Ka Hau'oli,
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

The Pagado has been here for years. A local hotel off the beaten path of Waikiki. Close to Mall and other shops. The beach is a short walk. If you're on tight budget and need a place to crash, Room rates are reasonable. Then this is the place.
It is old,still has window AC units.
The Pagado Floating Restaurant is very nice. I love having breakfast here. Prices are reasonable.
When the management does an upgrade, it will be very nice.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank John C
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Aloha John C,
Mahalo for taking the time to write a review of our property! You are correct that we have been around for years and we are a favorite of locals and malihini alike. Currently, we will soon be completing the refurbishment of all of our Tower rooms and are planning renovation on our lobby in the near future. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments about the restaurant to them...they'll be very pleased. We hope to have you as a guest again during your next visit to Hawai'i.
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I booked a 1 bedroom room kitchenette online and the photos online of the rooms in the Terrace building are NOT accurate. I found hair and dirty sheets on 2 twins, the paint was peeling in the tub, the rubber non-slip grip for the tub was moldy, there were ants, a dirty stained carpet, dry yellow mildew stains on the cabinet doors in the kitchenette, and tiny mold specks on the box spring. I asked the bed sheets be changed and got new sheets (I hope), but it has a hole from a cigarette burn - totally tacky. I also got a $20 ticket when I parked the rental in the parking lot behind the check-in counter marked reserved for hotel guests. This was terrible because in the 10 minutes I spent checking in and in the process of getting a parking pass, I got a ticket. The TV also turns off and on randomly after an hour or so, and resets to the main menu screen. I wish I had known what I was getting into. The tub is unacceptable for use with an infant because there is pain chipping off and I have never stayed in a hotel with such conditions. The AC in the bedroom is good, but the AC in the living room is extremely loud to the point where sleeping soundly will not happen. My mom is helping me look for a more suitable hotel for my wedding guests because this is just ridiculous and kind of embarrassing. I recommend spending that extra $20-40 to stay at a better hotel elsewhere. I have stayed in economy/budget European hostels to Super 8 motels to even a scary Holiday Inn in Oakland, CA with cleaner, safer accommodations.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Teratoma22
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Aloha Teratoma22,
Mahalo for posting your review of our property. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff at our next meeting to ensure these things do not happen again. Regarding your parking ticket, our partner Propark monitors all parking and the reserved stalls behind the front desk are for employees only. If you did pay the $20 for the ticket, please contact me and I will be happy to reverse that. If you ever return to the area, I hope you will afford us another chance.
Paul Dun - Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

Kahului, Hawaii
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

I'm disappointed in the cleanliness of the rooms. 1st bad exp. Was cockroaches dead all over the floor. That was the building across the front desk bldg. Seen about 10 of them as soon as I entered. Next was the security door (same bldg), couldn't open it from the eastern door which wasn't that big of a deal. Recently stayed there and got bit by something all over my body! My whole body is itching and I got blisters on most of the bites. I must have over 50 bites and I'm embarrassed to go out in public! I left an email letting them know about my situation and to bug spray the whole room, but haven't got a response. The hotel is very old so I guess it happens, but I'm sure they could fix the problem.
The location is very good. Convenience store next to the front desk, 24 hr Korean restaurant across the street w/a sushi bar, karaoke room across, many restaurants near by, walmart and Sams club walking distance, Ross a block away, ala moana shopping center walking distance, beach about 20 minutes walk, local /asian 24 hr restaurant few minutes away, and so on.
If you need a cheap place, then this is one of the cheaper places to stay, but beware of the cleanliness!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank wailuku77
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Aloha Francis C,
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts of your stay with us. I apologize for your experience with bugs in your room. One small drawback to the Terrace side of our property is that there are open hallways, susceptible to the environment. Please know that we do have pest eradication services that come in twice a month for preventative measures. Regarding your email that went un-responded, could you possibly forward to pagres@pagodahotel.com as I we seem to have not received it? Finally, I am thankful that you did enjoy the location as well as the service from our staff. All of us here at Pagoda hope that you will afford us another opportunity to have you as a guest in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Booked a room here because of a function that I knew was getting out late. It was way better than what I experienced years ago. First, their elevators were completely modernized and has that key-card security feature that I absolutely loved. Second, I was given a room on the 12th floor which was totally refurbished. Loved the splash of color on one of the wall, and the way the beds were set up. Lastly, it's great to see that a hotel who's been around for about 50 years is finally getting the upgrades it truly needs. The only thing I think I really didn't enjoy about this stay and kept me from giving a 5 star is the bed. I'm very particular about my bed and it wasn't the best sleep I had in a hotel and I travel a lot. Please change the type of bed you put in the rooms. But aside from that keep up the good work on beautifying the Pagoda!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CT0808
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Aloha CT0808,
Mahalo for your review! It is encouraging to hear that you've stayed at the property before and have noticed the improvements we are making. I apologize about your sleep quality and bed. This is something we are looking at critically in improving in the very near future. All of us here look forward to your return.
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel was kind of what you would expect to get for the price you pay but I had ants crawling around in my bathroom which was a bit disturbing making me wonder what else might have been crawling around.

• Stayed August 2013
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Aloha Jetsetter-Jed,
Mahalo for taking the time to write a quick review of Pagoda. I apologize for the ants you saw during your stay. Please know that our pest exterminators do come twice a month to do preventative treatments and your comments are forwarded to them. Should you choose to return, I am confident that your next stay will be better!