“Not great”
Review of Pagoda Hotel

Pagoda Hotel
Ranked #71 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We bought this through Expedia as it was described as close to airport. It's not. It's about 40 bucks by cab. Although the rate is not expensive there is no excuse for a smelly room with body hair on the sheets. There are better places to stay that are a lot closer to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Aloha T0nyL,
Thank you for your review. I am concerned to hear that your room was smell and had hair in it and I apologize. Our Housekeeping staff has been made aware of your review and stricter inspection of the rooms is in order. I will also check the wording on expedia's website regarding our property being close to the airport. Though there are 3 hotels I can think of closer, we do not advertise ourselves as an airport hotel. I do hope that you will give the Pagoda another chance during your next stay in Hawai'i.
Mahalo,

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because of the low cost but were pleasantly surprised how nice it was.

Very close to public transit, Wal Mart across the street, restaurant on site and about 10 restaurants less than a block away.

My only complaint is there is no jazzui.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mikerbrant

Aloha mikerbrant,
Mahalo for the concise review! I am pleased that you were surprised with your recent stay. We do strive to be an affordable option in the heart of Honolulu, away from the hustle and bustle of Waikīkī. All of us here at the Pagoda hope to see you again in the near future!
Me Ka Hau'oli,

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

The AC unit in the room is extremely loud and there's a faint smell of cigs even though the room is non-smoking. The place is older and it shows in the rooms, however it was one of the cheapest hotels in the area so understandable. Staff at the front desk was very nice and helped me book shuttles to/from the airport.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Aloha Andrew K,
Thank you for writing a review! I apologize for the loud a/c and the smell of smoke. I am not sure of where your room was located, but our Tower is completely non-smoking. Thank you for recognizing our friendly staff and I hope that you will afford us another opportunity in the future to make your next stay with us exceptionally better than this previous one.
A Hui, Hou,

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Although the Terrace is undergoing renovations and will no longer be part of the hotel effective March 2014, I am both happy and sad -- happy for renovations and possibility of my owning a unit there, and sad that I won't be able to stay in the Terrace in the future as I enjoy the convenience and affordability. Then, again, happy and looking forward to staying in the hotel tower as it has been highly recommended to me. It was great, so convenient, friendly and quick service, rooms were clean, and I had everything at my fingertips that I could possibly want while traveling and meeting with family!

Room Tip: Rooms accessed through Ewa elevator, toward the end, like 321, are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Aloha keani1024,
Thank you for the review! I am glad that we were a convenient choice for you when returning home. I am thankful that you are a long-time guest that has returned to see the improvements we are making. Until the next time...
Mahalo Nui,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I am a senior kamaaina and like to go off island and visit Honolulu "The Big City" for three days every year. I am able to do that because of the "Lite" rates the Aqua group offers at the Pagoda Hotel. I take an early a.m. interisland flight for the first night and a late departure for the second night which gives me three full days to sightsee, shop, dine (my favorite place for dim sum, The Royal Garden, in the Ala Moana Hotel is actually walking distance). Next time I will not go to the expense of a rental car because of the hotel's proximity to public transportation, shuttle, trolley and taxi...avoiding car rental rates and $10 and up daily parking rates. Ala Moana Beach Park and Ala Moana shopping mall are all walking distance. I am comfortable in the least expensive of rooms. The rooms and furnishing are a little older but very clean. Microwave, coffee maker, small refrigerator and a window air-conditioner are in place and all worked very nicely. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. I was pleased for the security now in place with room and elevator access cards as well as uniformed security at the doors and in the parking lot immediate to the hotel entrance. Pagoda Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and, of course, the Food Court at the Ala Moana shopping center holds about 30 food concessions to meet every taste from A to Z.

Room Tip: If you are on a strict budget ask for the lowest rate and use AAA, AARP or kamaaina identification t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank bjbert2

Aloha bjbert2,
Mahalo nui for taking the time to post your thoughts! I appreciate that you found our property to be older but very clean and with a great proximity to everything. We truly value our seniors and kamaʻāina and are proud to be a local favorite for the past 50 years. I do hope to meet you and welcome you as a guest of the Pagoda very soon!
Me Ka Ha'aha'a,
Paul Dun

Reviewed 25 November 2013

In town for a wedding, and did not want to stay in Waikiki. Pagoda was perfect. Near shopping and restaurants. Reasonably priced. Clean, spacious room in main tower, end of the hallway. Good AC. New flat screen tv. In room fridge, coffee, iron, ironing board, blow dryer. Key card elevator and floor access. Complimentary newspaper. Friendly front desk personnel. Would've been perfect if the towels were thicker and softer, and the parking ($10 daily) was more convenient. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank konalunas
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Aloha konalunas,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review! You summed it up perfectly...we offer clean rooms, a great location, friendly staff, and affordable prices. I am thankful that you will be returning to the Pagoda. As we continue to improve our property and amenities (hopefully thicker towels on the way...), we look forward to impress you even more!
Me Ka Ha'aha'a,

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I had been a while since we stayed at Pagoda since there were other hotels in Waikiki closer. We missed the friendly service & hospitality of the people at Pagoda. You actually feel like you are at home...the renovations & upgrades are amazing!!! Will definitely be back again!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Aloha Smurfy65,
Mahalo for returning to the Pagoda and taking the time to post a review! We definitely love to serve our kama'āina (and malihini) guests with warmth and the Aloha Spirit. I am very happy that you were 'amazed' by our upgrades and we all look forward to having you as a guest again in the near future.
Me Ka Hau'oli,