“Good place for those who wants to be away from tourists.15 min by bus to waikiki beach.”
Review of Pagoda Hotel

Pagoda Hotel
Ranked #69 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Good place for a tight budget,close to shopping malls,local restaurants,groceries,5 min away from public transportation.
Room has microwave,refrigerator,coffee machine and toaster.You can easily make your own breakfast.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Maya_Ko2014
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Aloha Maya_Ko2014,
Thank you for posting a review! I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. (Just a note that our Moderate rooms do not have a microwave and toaster, but it sounds like you were in a Deluxe category room, which is also on a higher floor.) I look forward to having you as a return guest very soon.
Mahalo,
Paul Dun - Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Pagoda is a decent hotel for a quick stop over. I was looking for a place to sleep for a few hours after a long day of flying and a late check-in. I did not want to pay $250+ for a couple of hours of sleep, so we booked a cheaper hotel for the first night, then checked in to my real vacation hotel for the rest of the Oahu trip. Inconvenient, but I knew that going in and really wanted to save some money on that first night. Pagoda is old, and a bit out dated, but clean and inexpensive. That was what I was looking for. However, my boyfriend forgot something and we've been having a hard time getting some help having it returned. A bit disappointing, but we are still working on it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Aloha Karen K,
Mahalo for your review! Yes, we are definately an affordable alternative to the 'big box' properties throughout Waikīkī. I thank you for giving us a chance. We are an older property, but we have been continuously upgrading services, rooms and amenities and will continue to do so. Hopefully the next time you return to O'ahu you will give us more than 1 day to really impress you with our 'local' hospitality.
Have you received the item you had left? If not, please call us at 808-941-6611 and ask for me.
Mahalo Nui,
Kihei
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great location. Walking distance to many attractions. New towels were provided each day along with the beds being remade. Microwave and refrigerator were in good working order. There is a fee for parking but the parking garage is close by and clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann F
Aloha Ann F,
Mahalo for your concise review of our property! I am happy that you found our property to be clean, affordable and with a great location. We hope to serve you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 May 2014

As has been noted many times here, the Tower seems to be the preferred building to stay over the Terrace. First the many positives....large room, nice TV, decent # stations, good lighting, hair dryer, microwave, refrigerator, shampoo, moisturizing lotion, tub and shower, two lavratories, good air conditioner, convenient location, good price, parking only $10 a day in the Ross parking garage, toaster, coffee maker, nice check-in clerks, firm bed, noise level OK, water pressure good, and I left one of my car windows down just a bit and was given a courtesy call by the front desk so I could fix the issue (nothing left in car but still a nice thing for them to do). The only negatives were minor cosmetic issues on shower/tub tiles (beige paint covering peeling off in places where it covered blue tiles underneath), and the basin worn in one lavratory. The main complaint is they charge $1 for local calls and toll free calls...almost no motels'hotels do that.

Parking note: It only costs $10 a day to park in Ross garage across the street from Tower (4th through the 6th levels), BUT there are many meters around the perimeter of the hotel that are NOT enforced at night until early morning. Thus, if you are smart and don't mind a slight inconvenience, you can use meters which seem to be available and can probably park for maybe $2 a day to cover late afternoon, early morning.

Room Tip: Until the Terrace renovation is done, choose the Tower and get up several floors to help with road a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank tfberry
Aloha tfberry,
Thank you for posting a review. Judging by your review title and overall score of 5, I am hoping that the individual scores of 1 star are a typo...
It sounds as though you did enjoy yourself and your descriptions are very detailed. In regards to the painted over tiles in the Tower, we will be working on full renovation of the bathrooms, hopefully to be finished by the end of the year. Hopefully you will return soon to see the improvements in person!
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana,
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed for 5 nights and extremely disappointed. Everyday we returned to the room there was no room service. Everyday they failed to remake the beds, vacuum the floor, replace towels needing washing,or restock toilet paper. Every day!!! No matter how late you return. Then they charges us for a rollaway that they never brought in.

Normally, I'm not bothered by other guests, but when they are pounding their doors, party g and smoking Marijuana every night until 3 am... it's a problem. Even reporting it go the fro t desk and security did nothing.
Time to find d a new place to stay

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank kawehi11
Aloha kawehi11,
Thank you for brining your experience to our attention. The cleaning issues you outline sound unacceptable and you shouldn't have to pay for a rollaway if you never used it. I would like the opportunity to help make this right with you, so I ask that you contact me at 808-941-6611. I look forward to speaking with you.
Me Ka Ha'aha'a,
Paul Dun - Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

Kihei, Hawaii
Reviewed 14 May 2014

It was my first time on Oahu. I did not know anything about the area or hotel. I was given a great rate, when my room was not ready for early checkin they provided me with another room. Location was perfect, walking distance to the Mall, restaurants, and the Waikiki Strip. This is an older hotel, but I was there to experience the island. Hotel was clean, pool was nice and restaurant is awesome. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: stay in a higher floor for better privacy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Aloha Leif S.,
Mahalo for taking the time to post a review! It is very heartening that you enjoyed your stay without prior knowledge of the property. For 50 years, we have been an institution among locals, but we are constantly striving to attract visitors to our islands, as we do offer affordable rates with a great location outside of the hustle & bustle of Waikīkī. All of us here at Pagoda, look forward to greeting you with open arms again in the very near future!
Me Ka Hau'oli,
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The original room was in an adjacent building across the street. It was under renovations and left a lot to be desired. I had requested a double or queen bed and this room had twin beds. This room had yet to be renovated and it was in desperate need of same. It was very late at night when we arrived and we were far too tired to trot back across the street to make any changes until the next morning. We went to the main desk the next morning planning to check out and the desk clerk was willing to refund the money for the next 2 nights that we had already booked for. She then suggested we stay in the main building with a double bed and we settled for that. It was spacious and comfortable. This hotel has no wi-fi and nothing close by other than Starbucks a few blocks away for internet service.

We very much appreciated the manager on duty when we dealt with him and another staff member regarding a situation that in the end righted itself. Both staff were professional and I am pleased to say the outcome was a positive one. The manager gave us a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts as an anniversary gift as well.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CarefulChoices
kekuwene, Manager at Pagoda Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Aloha CarefulChoices,
Mahalo for taking the time to post a review! It is true that our Terrace is being renovated to bring the rooms into the 21st century as we speak. I am glad that things eventually worked out and that you enjoyed your room here in the Tower. I know that on our website, it does state the location of the rooms such as 'Terrace One-Bedroom' or 'Tower Moderate,' but I will be sure to check all of our partner descriptions as well. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary and will consider staying with us in the near future!
Mahalo Nui,