Queen Kapiolani Hotel
US$321
US$292
US$240
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
US$268
US$229
US$418
US$332
US$232
US$218
1,599 results
All reviewshonolulu zoodiamond headacross the streetlouvered windowswaikiki beachkapiolani parkquiet end of waikikibell deskpool deckjunior suitean older hotelcity viewcorner roomthird floorvalet parkingbit datedsmall balcony
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here back in February 2014. We were on a research trip planning our upcoming move to Hawaii. The rooms were clean and updated. The hotel location was at the end of the main Waikiki strip, 5 minutes from the beach. Great valet service, good bar upstairs and overall great experience. I have no complaints.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JSauceda007
Ron K, General Manager at Queen Kapiolani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Aloha! Thank you for sharing your recent stay and we want to welcome you to our beautiful island. As you mentioned, many of our guest appreciate the great location, minutes from world famous Waikiki Beach, across the street from beautiful Kapiolani Park with iconic Diamond Head in the background.

We do appreciate your comments of great Valet service with clean and updated rooms providing an overall great experience.

Again, we look forward to your relocation to our island and if we may be of assistance, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for one week in May. Our first impression was not great, the late evening reception clerk was in attentive and rude. I asked him if they had a breakfast room, and he replied you don't have breakfast included in your rate, I said can we pay for breakfast, the answer was the same. We did find the breakfast room but skip it, it is not worth the money. The rooms are clean enough, although my husband kept the fact that he found cockroaches in the bathroom every morning from me! Also, they do provide a coffee maker, very handy, but the black china cups were dirty. I washed ours out with shampoo. They are not taken out of the rooms between guests to be washed and sanitized in a dishwasher. If this is a problem, they should switch to paper cups. I confirmed this with a floor supervisor, and she admitted that the cleaning staff, rinse the cups with water. Not very sanitary, but apparently not a concern! The hotel is close to the beach and walking distance to restaurants and shopping. There is no consierage here and some staff are knowledgeable and others not. I would not stay here again if we return to Honolulu.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Astrid C
Ron K, General Manager at Queen Kapiolani Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Aloha! Thank you for sharing your recent stay and we sincerely apologize for not being able to fulfill your expectations. We understand that breakfast room means dining room or restaurant, and we will meet with the evening staff to explain the meaning. Irregardless, they should communicate in a warm and welcoming mannner.

In regards to the coffee cups, we do wash them with dish washing soap and sanitizer per established protocol. We apologize if you were misinformed and the Executive Housekeeper will be following up with his staff regarding your comments.

We do apologize for the cockroaches and if we had been informed, we would have taken corrective measures to address your concerns. We are contracted with a national pest control company and we will be sharing your comments.

It was wonderful to hear that your appreciated our location like many of our guests - minutes from world famous Waikiki Beach, across the street from beautiful Kapiolani Park, with iconic Diamond Head in the background.

Again, please accept our sincere apology and if I can be of assistance during your next visit to our beautiful island, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the first contact with the Queen Kapiolani I felt taken care of. I was able to catch an earlier flight to Oahu that put me at the front desk at around 9:00am. I just asked to have my luggage stored until I checked in but the front desk staff said they would try to get me in as soon as possible. And they did. This hotel is about a block away from the beach which I found to be good separation from the crowds of Waikiki. Rooms are "no frills" but are comfortable and clean. Overall I found this hotel to be a good value in Waikiki. Notable guest personnel are Shane and Jocelyn.

Room Tip: Beach side is very nice for the view but city view are fine if you plan to be out and about a lot.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ASEKSUFAN

Aloha! Thank you for sharing your recent stay and we truly appreciate your comment of Queen Kapiolani knows how to take care of their guest. That you found Jocelyn at the Front Desk and Bellman Shane to be very helpful in accommodating your early arrival. That you found the Hotel to be of good value, comfortable and clean.

Again, thank you for acknowledging our employees and if I may be of assistance during your next visit, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here one night to check-out Waikiki prior to visiting Maui and Big Island.

On this trip, we were more interested in seeing volcanoes than beaches, so we chose this hotel at the far end of the beach for the Diamond Head view. The view was much nicer than we expected from room 802. From the lanai, we could almost feel like we could reach out and touch Diamond Head it looked so close.

The room had been remodeled and offered a nice value for the price paid.

It's only a short walk to Waikiki Beach and the pier. In our short stay of about 16 hours, we walked to the other end of the tourist area along the beach to the Hilton, then came back along city streets. We like this end of the Waikiki because the hotels are on one side of the street and the beach is on the other side.

We were wide awake about 5:00 AM, so we walked down to the beach area for breakfast. Lulu's on the corner was closed, so we walked west. There were some people fast sleep on the sidewalk so we didn't talk too loud. The McDonald's was open, so we had breakfast outside with a nice view of the beach across the street. This could be the best McDonald's location in the world.

All in all the stay was a positive experience and we would stay there again if we wanted a room for a few days.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger0830

Aloha! Thank you for sharing your recent stay and it was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Many of our guest appreciate the wonderful location with amazing views of Diamond Head from the rooms. The walk to world famous Waikiki Beach is just a few minutes with the main street offering restaurants and shopping galore.

Again, thank you, and if I may be of assistance during your next visit to our beautiful island, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here May 8-11,2014.
Was very pleased with location.It is located across the street from the zoo and less than a block from the beach.Many good restaurants in short walking distance from hotel.Room was clean and looked like it had recently been updated.
View from pool was beautiful view of Diamond Head.Would definitity stay here again and reccomend to friends.

1  Thank 1226tam

Aloha! Thank you for sharing your recent stay and we truly appreciate your comments. Like many of our guest have stated, the location is great - minutes from world famous Waikiki Beach, across the street from Honolulu Zoo and beautiful Kapiolani Park with iconic Diamond Head in the background.

It was good to hear that you enjoyed your stay and if I can be of assistance during your next visti, please do not hesitate to give me a call.