We booked this hotel on the back of the beautiful turn of the century architecture and elegant (restful) picture advertising seemed to present. Room was lovely ,enjoyed our stay .. however...
We would not stay there again, due to the seemingly endless procession of Japanese brides photographers and entourage that filled the lobby every day. Staff advised us that they catered to an average of 10 weddings per day .... and would shortly be adding a Japanese travel agency to the lobby shops .. so I would expect this traffic only to increase!
Also when we booked an OCEAN FRONT room in the Diamond Wing.... we were not advised that wedding receptions (complete with MC and bands would be hosted on the lovely grassed area in fromt of our room .... at least 3 during our 6 night 2nd stay...after a long day at the Arizona memorial ..coming home to the noise of someone's personal karaoke party didn't sit well and we could not be accomodated for a room change due to full occupancy ... when requested I was advised that I got "exactly what I asked for" an ocean front room ... well true but I didn't expect the ringside tickets I also got! The tower rooms are just as good (my sister stayed in one) quieter (lifts are away from the wedding madness and cheaper!
This hotel is marketed on its old world charm ... and the architecture certainly has it ... however in my opinion the "feel" when staying there is of a lower standard hotel ... stay at the Sheraton (same group) and come over and admire the architecture of the Moana in the quieter evenings from the beach bar, lobby piano bar, or grab a great coffee from the shop out front sit on the rocking chairs ...
If you are looking (as I was) at the "Pink Palace" as well this would be the choice I now wish I had made as it was cheaper and we ended up having meals there to get away....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu