This was the first trip to Hawaii for my husband so I told him to book a hotel in the center of Waikiki. It was the perfect location. There was a running trail to Diamond Head, but you would need to get up early to beat the crowded streets. I didn't get a chance to run it because of my jet lag. I was up before dawn so I used the hotel gym. The gym was very well equipped and perfect for people watching.
One of my favorite parts of the hotel is the row of rocking chairs. I do wish they had room to squeeze in a row of rocking chairs behind the hotel facing the beach as well. The rooms and bathrooms are a bit small. They can be a bit noisy if you get a room facing Waikiki rather than ocean view.
Overall, if it is your first time to Oahu and you want to fully experience the "touristy" side of Hawaii, you would definitely stay here. It is one of the best hotels on the street. Beautiful old plantation feel with modern amenities..very picturesque and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu