A stunning hotel (though at times somewhat over run with Japanese weddings which blocked access to the Diamond Wing Terrace) We recently stayed 3 nights in a Diamond Wing Front room which I would highly recommend. At check-in we were given an upgrade to what we were told was an Ocean view room in the Tower Wing - the room was on the 3rd floor located very close to the lift and looked out over the very long roof of the building below. I would have called it a partial ocean view at best - with the ocean visible if you leaned out over the balcony. We promptly exited the room and returned to reception to ask to be moved to the original room type we have booked. While the room in the Diamond Wing was smaller it was beautifully furnished with two white rocking chairs looking out over the beachfront. There are probably not many rooms where you are closer to the waters edge in Waikiki.
The bathroom was tiny - but you have to expect to compromise when staying in an early 1900's built building and while the room was small it was fine for two people - any children and you might want to consider a larger room. Compared to other hotels of this category it lacked a few extra touches such as a turn down service and extra amenities. While we had no issues with noise I think this is very dependent on who you have staying immediately next door as we did hear of people being kept awake all night by screaming children in the room next door.
I would not call this a "resort" style hotel and would not recommend booking if you are wanting to use the pool facilities day in day out - it has a small rectangular pool with a very limited number of sun lounges which you have to be very lucky to secure.
We chose not to include breakfast in our room rate but enjoyed breakfast each morning in Honolulu Coffee Company which was within the hotel building a provided a good choice of fresh fruit, pastries, waffles, granola and coffees for probably a third of the restaurant breakfast cost.
Overall I would definitely recommend the hotel for a short stay in Waikiki if you are looking for somewhere with atmosphere, a great location and stunning views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Travelbag, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu