It's a classically designed hotel with a lot of history - for better and for worse. On the plus side, the public areas are gorgeous and the inner courtyard is great, with a big banyan tree providing extensive shade, live entertainment, and the beach just on the other side of it. But on the downside, our room was very small - basically just a king bed with a little room to walk around it, and not enough space to open both the window shutters and the bathroom door at the same time. The suite was mostly well updated, but the windows definitely showed their age - difficult to open and close, and blocked from opening up too wide. Also, it didn't have a balcony (though it looks like there were some other rooms that did).
To be fair, we only stayed for 2 nights and spent most of our time exploring the city and the surrounding area, so we didn't get a chance to make full use of the hotel's offerings. It is a beautiful hotel with a great ambiance, I would just be cautious on the room size.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort & Spa, in Waikiki Beach on Oahu, HI. Visit Moana Lani Spa; or host a wedding on our rooftop terrace, or a meeting in our 10,000sq ft of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort And Spa
- Moana Surfrider, a Westin Hotel Honolulu
- Westin Moana Surfrider
- Moana Surfrider Westin Resort
- Westin Honolulu
- Honolulu Westin
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu