“great time at the princess.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersSilver level
Leeds, United Kingdom
“great time at the princess.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

aloha we stayed at the princess from 2-9 nov 2011, and we had a fab time.we did read some of the reviews before we travelled,and was worried about some!but we need not have.we stayed in room 950,which had a,pool,road,&sea view.the entertainment finished at 22.00,so was not a problem,as we were out most nights. our room was kept clean by elydia,who changed our sheets every day, who was very friendly,as were all the staff.YES,the rooms,and the hotel is dated,but was kept clean and tidy,and need some t.l.c,but saw no mold,no roaches,and no fleas!!!!!its our second time in hawaii,and it wont be our last.mahola.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
sheratonpk, Online Markeing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Thank you cas j for the great feedback you have provided. We are so happy to hear that you had a fabulous time and appreciate you recognizing our staff. I am happy to hear that this past trip will not be your last to Hawaii; and look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani hotel. Aloha.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

very fast check in polite staff location is in the middle of Waikiki

communication great had to change booking all completed correctly via twitter no need for me to call from Australia at great cost

small gift at check in very nice touch

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sheratonpk, Online Marketing Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Aloha bretkero! We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments and for the mention of our social media response via Twitter. We love engaging with our guests and hearing their feedback. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Mahalo.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

We checked in on day one of our five night stay and we are given probably the most disgusting hotel room I have ever entered. There was a strong putrid mold smell coming from the air conditioning vents. We call maintenance and it takes them 30 min to come to the room to confirm the existence of the mold. They show us a couple other rooms that had the same smell we saw the mold growing in one of the closets. Meanwhile my wife was having a terrible reaction to the mold. I told Greg (sic) that there is no way we can stay in this hotel and that it is unsafe and not fit for habitability. He said that if we left he was going to charge us for the 5 nights regardless. I was dealing with hotel management from about 6pm until midnight trying to resolve this issue. It was apparent that hotel management had no care for its guests health and was only concerned about their bottom line. When I told Greg that I have to take my wife to the emergency room because she had a reaction to the mold, his attitude was indifferent and kept repeating that he's going to charge the 5 nights. This was the worst hotel experience I have encountered. I was left with no choice but to book a last minute stay at another hotel and had to pay the difference.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Edakh
Thank you Edakh for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear of your experience and apologize for the challenges you have faced. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly and assist. Please email me at randi.okuhara@sheraton.com so we may discuss this further. Mahalo.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Wonderful Friendly staff. Big busy place. Great location for walking to Waikiki beach, shops & dozens of great eating places. Rooms were clean.AC works great. King bed was VERY comfy. A nice surprise..a very well appointed Gym on 2nd floor open 24/7. Only disappointment here...the Sheraton PK's dining / buffet menues ...were out of this world expensive...we chose to eat at other places much more reasonable.(judging from the small crowds for dinner etc. so did most of the other hotel guests). Drop your prices & fill the place... a no brainer to me. Other than that...highly recommend this hotel. Good value in the heart of Waikiki.

Room Tip: great ocean view from the South East rooms. The higher the better.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Aloha sizzler and thank you for your comments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our new bed lines for our Sheraton Sweet Sleepers, and the new equipment in our Olakino Fitness Center. We do regret to hear your concerns with our buffet, and appreciate your honesty. Thank you again.
Brush Prairie, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani for three nights. My overall experience was extremely pleasurable and there were very few complaints that I can offer. I can say that I would definitely stay here again.

I booked my reservation directly through the hotels website and was able to purchase a buy now rate at a significantly cheaper rate than making a normal reservation. Meaning, I prepaid for all three nights upfront and it was non-refundable.

The hotel does not off shuttle service so you will need to arrange transportation from the airport. Check in was fast, efficient and the gentleman who checked me in was very welcoming. The one improvement I could offer the hotel is to provide an envelope to place drink vouchers, towel cards, room keys and daily resort info card into. I was given paper after paper with no where to put it. I was also very happy when I learned that my room received a complimentary upgrade!

I stayed on the 5th floor with a lovely view of the ocean, pool and entertainment stage. I was able to enjoy the band and watch the hula dancer each night from my balcony. By the way the entertainment was free! The room itself was a standard 3 star hotel in my view. I had upgraded bedding, flat screen tv, chair, ottoman, desk, mini-fridge and safe in my room. The bathroom was nothing exciting. It was all white and pale colors and the water pressure for the removable shower head was strong! The one thing that needed improvement in the room was the wall paper in the bathroom. It was peeling away from the wall and near the toilet it looked like mold was growing.

The hotel is right across the street from the beach, right next to the International market, shopping centers and eateries. I cannot stress to anyone how amazing the location of the hotel is. If it depends on you paying an additional $20-30 per night for a room, consider this place... the location in itself is worth it!

Other positives:
- housekeeping staff were ALWAYS friendly, greeting with a smile
- the hotel was well kept
- grounds were nice

Other negatives:
- front desk staff were SLOW at check out (huge line) and they weren't very friendly, as they were at check in
- menu prices for room service, poolside and buffet were very pricey
- pool closes at 6pm
- was never told where to go for beach side service or chairs
- doorman or greeter talked to shuttle driver about tattoos instead of helping me carry my bags to the shuttle
- no one offered drinks or a menu poolside, figured there would be waitstaff

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you thasassynclassy and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Your detailed feedback definitely helps us to improve our services and amenities. We value your comments tremendously. Your suggestions, such as an envelope for guest vouchers at check in, are a wonderful idea and I have forward this to our management team. I do apologize for the concerns that you have mentioned and wanted you to know that they have been addressed. Receiving our guests feedback on customer services is of high value as this will improve guest satisfaction while staying with us. Again, thank you very much. We hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani hotel soon. Mahalo!
san diego, ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed one night in Waikiki and this is a good hotel for short stays. Got lost trying to find this place, but what a great location once you're there. Check in wasn't a long process at all. In fact, the front desk were quite pleasant. The hotel is smaller than other hotels I've been to, but you're next to the International Marketplace in Waikiki, and right across the street from the beach. When I checked in I received welcome drink tickets which was nice. You are surrounded by stores there. If I hadn't had other places to visit, I would of just taken a taxi or hotel shuttle and saved the $$$ from the rental car. It's just so close to everything.

When I arrived, I had parked the car in self parking which was $12 a day, which was included in the resort fee. That was cheap compared to what I've paid at the Hilton Hawaiian village which was about $25. I see that everyone stated the internet was included in the resort fee, but when I tried to log in, it said a daily charge of $14 for internet and wifi, but maybe I was so busy with wanting to hit the nightlife, that I didn't notice the passcodes? After stepping foot off the elevator to get to your room, I felt like I was in a 1970's hotel. The rooms were clean and had very comfortable beds, but the rooms decor was very dated and are in need of remodeling especially the bathrooms. We walked by the buffet and decided against it since it was kind of pricey and there were other places to choose. Since you're on an island, everything is pricey.

Although, I think this hotel has a great location, I found it to be average due to the hotel being dated comparing to other hotels I've stayed at. A remodel should be in the works. I do think their employees are very friendly and helpful which is a plus.

In 5 hours I was able to drive around the island and have dinner in Kahuku @ Giovanni's, take pictures of sea turtles and the beautiful beaches, shop in Haleiwa, eat Shave Ice @ Matsumoto's, eat cake @ The Alley in Aiea and pick up some cookies for the trip home!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aloha leizy1 and thank you for your detailed feedback. The popularity of our location is quite a highlight for our guests and offers the convenience of shopping and dining options close by. I wanted to clarify that our daily resort charge does include high speed internet access in all our guest rooms. Upon check in, our staff provides a passcode that allows are guest to log in without being charged our non-guest internet fee. Our rooms have had a few enhancements for our guests comfort. We recently had flat screen TV’s installed and upgraded our bed linens. Mahalo again for your comments.
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel. We had pre-paid for the accommodation and presented the hotel with a voucher. When we checked out of the hotel after 5 nights we paid the bill for incidentals (including the resort fee). When we received our credit card bill we found that we had our credit card charged for the accommodation for which we had already paid. We rang the hotel directly and was told that they "lost" the voucher and so charged the accomodation to our credit card (without authorisation). Be warned.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you Alison255060 for your recent review. First I’d like to offer my sincere apologies for the challenges that you have faced. I would like to resolve your concern as soon as possible. Please email me at randi.okuhara@sheraton.com so that I can follow up on this important matter. Mahalo.