My wife and I just returned from a first ever vacation to Hawaii. Hawaii had never been on our "bucket list" but we're delighted we went. I'm going to review a few elements of the trip but this will be the first and I'll try to identify other elements which will appear in separate reviews. The other elements I'll CAPITALIZE so if you're interested you can find them on Trip Advisor (TA).
First, the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani...we'd read lots of TA reviews so our expectations weren't too high. We were pleasantly surprised. The reviews that comment on the fact that the hotel is 'somewhat tired' are correct - but it's great nevertheless. The location is ideal. If there's any location complaint it's the noise on the street but Kalakaua Ave. is Waikiki's main drag. The people watching is outstanding. If there's one complaint it's the street vendors. They're everywhere. But I digress. I'm going to write another review of HONOLULU/OAHU/WAIKIKI but this one should focus on the hotel.
Our room on the 21st floor faced Waikiki Beach. It was wonderful looking out at the surfers that were there from the minute the sun came up to when it was too dark to see. The room was clean and comfortable - if a bit tired. No complaints!!!
The people at the hotel are what makes it. Everyone we met that worked there was friendly and helpful. The all seemed to work hard to make our stay there special and relaxing. I have no complaints. The folks at the front desk went out of their way to ensure we had our every wish fulfilled. The housekeeping staff did a great job. All in all, everyone was terrific. I'd say, such a commitment to customer service starts at the top so congrats to senior management.
Location wise it's excellent. Located right across Kalakaua Ave from Waikiki beach is great. Since we rented a car (at the airport) for the three days we were there we found it easy to navigate around the city and around the Island.
The Sheraton charges a $12.00 per day "resort fee" on top of the room rate. It includes a variety of things like parking, beach chairs, water and fruit brought to you on the beach, a free welcome drink. Aside from the free welcome drink, the only thing we used was the parking and with rates in such a built up area as Waikiki we were glad of the parking garage.
I want to do a couple of other reviews of the trip that have nothing to do with the hotel so if you're interested where I've capitalized certain things, there will be a review of it somewhere on TA. One thing is the WESTJET FLIGHT to Honolulu, another is the NCL CRUISE we took from Oahu to Maui to Hawaii to Kawaii. Four islands, unpack once. Great way to do it.
I'd also be remiss if I didn't comment on two other hotels in separate reviews - the ASTON BEACHWALK HOTEL at Waikiki and the COAST AIRPORT HOTEL in Vancouver.
If you have any questions about this or any other post I'm happy to get your email and I will respond to your questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is located in the heart of Waikiki just steps from Waikiki Beach and a short drive to downtown Honolulu. The hotel invites guests to experience the true spirit of aloha while enjoying daily cultural activities, fresh, local breakfast and dinner buffets and the Splash Bar! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Princess Kaiulani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Princess Kaiulani
- Princess Kaiulani Hotel
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hawaii/Honolulu