I checked in July 3 early with Celeste at the front counter with my Gold SPG card. She looked at my card and said it was invalid, she would not honor it and to I would have to call Starwood. She advised me to come back around 3 pm when the room would be ready.
I came back around 3pm to check in and it went downhill from there. The line to check in was about 20 deep so I used the Gold Preferred line. I ironically got to deal with Celeste again. She asks" how can I help you?" I said I'd like to check in and she rudely says "I know that, I checked you in earlier". She then proceeds to tell me I have to go to the end of the other line because my Gold card is invalid. She then says OK, I will take care of this and proceeds to call Starwood and right in front of me says " I have an individual with an invalid card trying to check in, will you verify the number?" Of course the number is good so about 20 mins later she proceeds to check me in.
The room she gave me was awful. Smelled of mold and very outdated. Looks nothing like the pictures posted on their website. I called down for a room change and they said no problem, we will send a new room key right up. 30 mins later i call back down to see whats taking so long and they had no idea what I was talking about. About 20 mins later they gave me another room. Lastly the elevators take forever. 10 -15 mins each wait for an elevator and they are packed. Felt like I was on a subway downtown.
The customer service here is awful. The friendly Hawaiian attitude that is prevalent throughout the islands is simply non-existent here. This place is dismal and unwelcoming. I travel for a living and this property does not deserve the Sheraton name. I will never stay here again and if asked by friends or family I will advise against it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is located in the heart of Waikiki just steps from Waikiki Beach and a short drive to downtown Honolulu. The hotel invites guests to experience the true spirit of aloha while enjoying daily cultural activities, fresh, local breakfast and dinner buffets and the Splash Bar! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Princess Kaiulani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Princess Kaiulani
- Princess Kaiulani Hotel
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hawaii/Honolulu