US$444
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
US$466
3,798 results
All reviewssplash baracross the streetresort feea pool view roomwaikiki beachnightly entertainmentbeach servicethe international marketheart of waikikipartial ocean viewbeach chairsan older hotellobby areapool sideself parkinghigh floorcity view
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Princess and was quite happy with my stay. The hotel was decent, not exactly luxury, but in the location of Waikiki, it was perfect. My check-in time was less than 3 minutes which was a nice surprise after reading some of the other reviews. The hotel was older, but clean and I had a beautiful view of the ocean. The hotel did try and make the stay nice. The free drink they give you at check-in was not good, and I would recommend dinning off-site. SPG members get 35% off of food purchased at any of the hotels on the beach (Moana Surfrider, Sheraton Waikiki and Royal Hawaian) I did have a couple of nice lunches on the breach front at some of those hotels. Overall, the stay was nice and I really didn't have any issues. For the price, it was great. The beds were very comfy and that was VERY good after long days on the beach! Waikiki beach is pretty crowded with a lot of culture in the area which was interesting. You really have to try the ice cream at the Market place which is only a block or so away.

Room Tip: I stayed in a standard room and had a partial view of the ocean. For me that was fine as now I'm in Maui staying on the ocean front - Personally, Maui is SO much better than Waikiki but we rented a condo on the ocean and it's nice and quiet here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Aloha Lisa Z and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're happy to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of Waikiki. We regret to learn that you we're pleased with our dining options, however we're happy to learn that you did enjoy meals at our sister properties. Again, we really appreciate your honest comments and look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Mahalo.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Great value, fantastic location. We were upgraded which was really nice. The view from our ocean view room was amazing. The room was clean, a little old, but it we didn't spend too much time in the room anyway.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Penny B
sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Aloha Penny B and mahalo nui loa for taking a moment to review our hotel. We're happy to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of Waikiki as well as the ocean view from your room. We hope to see you again in the near future. Mahalo.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed for 4 nts Feb 16th in room 1094. Remnants of previous guest/housekeeper in the bathroom and on the bed (completely unacceptable) upon check in. My first impression was yuck! Room, bathroom and hallway is old and tired as mentioned many times in reviews which reflects the lower price in this prime location.

After reading all the reviews I knew what to expect, didn't plan to spend too much time in the room so the hotel served its purpose,this is 3 star at most.

Booked a city view room. Other than the expected city traffic noises I found the noise level acceptable. Maybe being on the Kaiulani St side on the 10th floor corner helped avoid the loading area of the hotel.

Wifi in room was reliable. Staff friendly. Resort fee is expensive if you don't need parking.

Room Tip: Only Princess and Kaiulani tower rooms have wireless connection. City view high floor to avoid loading zone noise, cheaper option than ocean or pool view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank lindy001

Aloha lindy001 and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We regret to learn that you found remnants from previous guests/housekeepers in your room upon arrival. This is not our standard and has been shared with our management team. We're happy to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly staff. Please know that we value your feedback and will continue to make efforts to enhance the experience for future guests, including yourself. Mahalo again.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

I booked this hotel for my husband and I. I read lots of reviews and spend months deciding where to stay. Finally Deciding to spend most of our money on activities on the island then the hotel it's self. The hotel was clean and the staff was very nice.
The room was a bit small and the bathroom needs updating, but other then that we enjoyed our stay there. The bed was super comfortable so that made up for the rest. We had breakfast once at the hotel and were very disappointed. It was extremely over priced and these selection was terrible. So we just had our meals off the property. For the price of the room and airfare we booked I would stay again. We tend not to spend too much time in the room anyway.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal L
sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Aloha Crystal L and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We regret to learn that you were not pleased with the buffet offerings at Pikake Terrace. Please know that your feedback is valued and we have shared this with our management team. We're pleased to learn that you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds. Mahalo again for your honest feedback. We hope to see you again in the future. Mahalo.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I must start by saying this is my first negative review. It was simply appalling and people need to know.
This is a copy of the original letter I sent to Starwood Hotels- Owner of The Sheraton.
They completely agree!
Dear Customer Service Representative,
We were guests at The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani in room 483 from 2/4 - 2/10
Firstly let me say that the room was clean, well stocked, comfortable and generally the staff were pleasant and helpful. I am quite sure that after reading this feedback you will have to tend to agree, because no matter what the rate scale everyone deserves a good nights sleep. I have several short videos documenting the 24 hr loading zone noise. I am aware that this kind of activity is necessary to keep the resort stocked cleaned and functioning efficiently however the noise level in the room is simply unacceptable! The ridiculously loud beeping of trucks backing into the loading zone, which can happen anytime 24/7, even 3am on a Saturday and Sunday will awaken you abruptly. To add insult to injury there are employees and associates laughing and yelling amongst themselves. My suggestion would be, at the very least, to provide earplugs with an explanation and apology for any inconvenience. Possibly look into sound proofing the doors on to the lanai. Being unable to sleep on vacation is just flat out wrong!!
We did request to be moved and I offered to pay because we could not sleep. This was basically blown off without apology or any sincere concern.
Thank you for your time.
Catherine Bailie
The guest services manager sent me a courteous email but made no mention of taking any action, for the comfort of future guests, to suppress the shocking noise level.

Room Tip: make sure you are not in a room with views of trash area/loading zone and parking structure. I understand that most Hotels have bad views from some cheap rate rooms however not being able to sleep due to persistent any time around the clock loading zone noise is simply unacceptabl!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank catherine b

Aloha Catherine b and thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your honest comments and thank you for sharing your satisfaction with our room cleanliness and our pleasant employees. We apologize for the dissatisfaction you had regarding the noise level. Thank you for letting us know that you recieved a response from one of our guest service managers. We have also shared your comment with our entire management team, so that they're aware of your important feedback regarding your experience. We value all of the comments we recieve and will work towards resolving any issues experienced by our guest. Mahalo.