Presently my particular career choice has me stuck with the Navy (although i didn't actually join the Navy but that's another story). After a few painful weeks of sailing we ported in Pearl Harbor and i could not wait to jump on my mountain bike and see Oahu!
I found eventually found myself wanting a place to sleep in downtown Waikiki. I thought it would be a small matter to pick a hotel and get a room. After something like 20 hotels with no vacancy i was getting a bit discouraged! After standing, most conspicuously, in line with my mountain bike in tow at the Sheraton Waikiki I was assisted by the most gorgeous of asian goddesses. She seemed sincerely dismayed in informing me that there was no vacancy. But hold on! She jumped on her phone and began to call every friend she had that also worked in hotel reception. She found a room for me at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani. I wish i could remember her name!
About the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani... Absolutely worth the $150 room charge. The room was 4 star american standard. It was clean and functional with every modern amenity including free wifi. The rooms appear to have been last renovated in the early 90's however they have been kept spotless and functional. The bed was extremely comfortable but keep in mind that i just got off a bicycle seat and prior to that a navy bunk bed. The sheets where pure white and smelled sterilized clean. The shower was excellent with a modern shower head.
The hotel offers a decent pool that is popular with the kids and those who want to chill out from the bustle of the beach.
The famous Waikiki beach is merely across the main drag, Kalakaua Ave. So it is not right on the beach... fine! Those hotels start at 400/night so if adding 60 more steps to your journey is too taxing then by all means you need to be on the beach!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is located in the heart of Waikiki just steps from Waikiki Beach and a short drive to downtown Honolulu. The hotel invites guests to experience the true spirit of aloha while enjoying daily cultural activities, fresh, local breakfast and dinner buffets and the Splash Bar! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Princess Kaiulani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Princess Kaiulani
- Princess Kaiulani Hotel
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hawaii/Honolulu