Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
    • Breakfast included
    • Beachfront
    • Bar/Lounge
    3,716 results
    All reviewssplash barhigh ocean viewacross the streetresort feea pool view roomwaikiki beachnightly entertainmentbeach servicethe international marketheart of waikikibeach chairsan older hotelhotel is in a great locationlobby areapool sideself parkinghigh floor
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I arrived at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani at our normal check-in time to be told that we needed to check back in 3 hours due to guest who hadn't checked out of the room yet. No apologies. My wife and I went on a drive around Honolulu to check out the sights. When we finally checked into our room, a horrendously foul odor hit us! We were unsure of what the smell was but upon investigating the room, nothing was clean! It was horrible to see dirty finger smudges on walls, light switches, bathroom fixtures. I immediately talked to an uninterested local bruddah with pierced ears at the front desk who told me that he'd have housekeeping stop by to freshen the room up. I informed him (let's leave his nameless, i'm sure ownership will deal with this guy) we had a constant leak above our shower, chipped walls and broken furniture. The sheets and pillows smelled like urine. He simply replied "ok" with no compensation or room moves offered. We ended up at WalMart to purchase cheap pillows, sheets, and cleaning supplies. When we arrived back, housekeeping didn't show up as promised.

We ended up putting a Do Not Disturb sign on our door so that we could keep track of our bedding and belongings. We informed the front desk and concierge of our concerns but nothing was done. Heck I even posted something on twitter to grab the attention of ownership.

Upon checkout, I voiced my concerns and frustrations with the Front Desk Agent. She said that she would pass the information along to her boss and took my guest comment card. No one has contacted me, offered any sort of compensation, or even thanked us for our stay. I would appreciate some sort of re-imbursement for our troubles. "IS ANYONE LISTENING TO US?"

For future travelers considering this property....AVOID THIS PITFALL AT ALL COSTS!

Room Tip: Don't visit this property. The cost is not worth the experience. The rooms are outdated, the furniture is broken and the hookers are right outside the front drive.
    • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank Michael S
    sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Aloha Michael S and thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel, but most importantly we'd like to apologize for the less than satisfying experience you had with us at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani. The particular concerns you've shared with us regarding your room are not taken lightly and we've shared this with our team, as it seems this room should not have been released for a guest in the condition you described. Moreover, in such situations, our front desk agents should offer a room move to vacant / clean room and we regret to learn that this was not offered to you. We've sent you a private message requesting for your reservation name and number so that our housekeeping and front desk managers can determine which associates were responsible for assigning and maintaining the room. Again, we apologize that your stay with us was less than satisfactory and we thank you for your honest feedback. Mahalo.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Because I admire the Princess Kauiulani (the woman) I had high hopes for my stay this week at the hotel named for her. Sadly, for a business traveler I cannot recommend this at all. For a family, same thing - 2 thumbs down. The rates were higher than much nicer properties I've visited, the room was a bit of a wreck, and the noise was awful. The staff were very average (a few of the private vendors were friendly, but those were the only happy faces I saw). I heard they're going to be closing for renovations in the near future, and perhaps that explains the dresser drawer that wouldn't stay closed, dust around the middle of the lamps, the stains on the carpet and chairs, the short shower curtain with straight (vs curved) rod that didn't really keep the floor dry. The elevators were often overflowing so getting to/from the room proved challenging time to time, and the restaurants were expensive (there are less expensive places around the area and farmer's markets a few nights a week). A band started at 10P somewhere in the area and kept me awake until midnight each night I was there. The bed lifted in the middle so avoiding a tumble to the floor felt awkward. In spite of the higher rates, this property charges $10 per day for a microwave and $14 a day for wireless internet service in the room. Computers are available in the lobby for those who wish to use them, though printing and time online is limited. The pool looked lovely and evening bands playing near the pool sounded great. It's a close walk to the beach and found some good bargains at the nearby Kings Market, but would not stay again.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room on the street/entry side on a very high (25 or higher?) floor?
    • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
    2  Thank WanderingRosie
    sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Aloha WanderingRosie and thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel. We regret to learn that you stay with us did not meet your expectations and we apologize for our shortcomings. We're disappointed to learn that our associates did not deliver the excellent service and aloha spirit that we're all trained to share with our guests. We appreciate your feedback regarding the room and furniture and we apologize for the the less than pleasant experience this presented for your stay. We offer wifi connectivity to all of our guests as part of our resort charge and we apologize that this was not properly communicated to you, as the noted $14 wifi fee would only be applicable to those interested in upgrading the internet speed, which is most often not necessary for typical usage. Again, we appreciate your honest feedback and we thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Mahalo!

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

This is in need of a renovation. When we went to our suite we noticed hundreds of mosquitos inside the ceiling and along the inside of the sliding doors. We were changed to a smaller but much better room. Things all over the resort look beat up and old.
    The staff is very professional but the place needs to be renovated. Location is also great.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
    sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Aloha TravelingBrett and thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel. We apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced with the first room you were assigned to; these conditions are unacceptable and our housekeeping team has taken proper steps to resolve the issue. We are indeed scheduled to close in August for a multimillion dollar redevelopment project, however our team continues to provide the Sheraton service and products that our guests expect and deserve. We appreciate your honest comments. Mahalo.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Its sad to see PK closing, but i cant wait until the doors reopen and the Princess is once again back to her beautiful self, location is the best, right in the heart of Waikiki, the beds are always comfy and rooms are very clean, the sevice is second to none, from the gals in housekeeping (Amelda & Belinda)to Darlette at reservation and the crew at front desk..and especially Marsha from the Tours & Activity Desk who goes well beyond just doing her job, she makes you feel like family, looking after our days of sightseeing and recommending the best operators for our day trips, Marsha is definately the best in the business, and she is one of the main reasons i stay at PK (my 7th visit)....it just feels right....i have recommended the PK to family and friends for their stay in Waikiki.

Room Tip: we stayed in a Pool View Room....
    • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
    sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Aloha CC10519 and thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We're always so happy to hear from our return guests and it means so much to us when you share your praises for our associates. We're so lucky to have a wonderful team here at the PK and we truly appreciate your taking notice of that. We too are excited for our new hotel, however it does sadden us to know that we'll have to say aloha - even if for a short time - to our many wonderful guests such as yourself. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your aloha with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to your paradise for many more years to come. Aloha and Mahalo!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This was my third trip to Hawaii and I have not stayed anywhere else whilst on Oahu.
    Arriving on the first day was like a Hawaiian homecoming, it just felt right.
    I love the location and I love the building, such a great vibe filled with many lovely people all there to help. Especially Marsha who went above and beyond to ensure my mother and I had a wonderful trip, even arranging a gift basket for my birthday.
    We were sad to hear that the Princess was shutting down, but cannot wait to see her when she is reopened and looking as splendid and regal as she should.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
    1  Thank KieranC30

Aloha KieranC30 and thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of your most recent stay with us at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel. We're always so happy to hear from our return guests, not to mention welcome them to our hotel year after year. We cannot express how much we appreciate your kind remarks regarding our friendly staff, especially Marsha, who we love! While we're excited to see the outcome of our upcoming multimillion dollar renovation, we're also sad to have to say 'aloha' to many of our guests while we're closed for the project. We look forward to welcoming you back again to our new hotel. Mahalo!