Hotel: The hotel and my room looked very old. I was told by some people at the hotel that the hotel will be remodeled sometime in August. Hopefully, this is going to happen as the status it was in when I stayed there didn't, in my opinion, live up to the Sheraton name.
Staff: Extreme inconsistency when it came to the quality of staff service.
Let's talk about the good service:
My housekeeper Belinda was very thorough in her service. She was also very friendly and helpful. There was a lady at the front desk and I think her name is Erin. She was also very helpful and friendly.
The Bad: I was in line at the front desk behind two Japanese ladies waiting to be served. There were two clerks there at the time and one was assisting some other customers. The only lady who was available did not acknowledge our existence in any way. First, she was busy talking with another staff. Then she disappeared into a room, completely ignoring our presence. We were all shocked as to how she treated people. There was also another male clerk (at another time) who was very rude. Again, I couldn't believe I was staying at a Sheraton!
There was a Burger King right across the street from the hotel. But the food was very expensive. I recall a combo meal cost me about US$10. There were some other restaurants in the same shopping complex. And, of course, they cost more than Burger King.
Fortunately, there was a food court (about a 15 - 20 minute walk) from the hotel. The food was not really cheap either. If you're in a budget and want to try something local and reasonable, I would suggest going to a ABC store (there were several near the hotel) and purchased a Musubi. Some musubi comes with spam; while there are those that come with chicken etc. (Different ABC stores carry different kinds of musubi. Depending on how big your appetite is, one musubi can be a meal. You can ask the clerk at ABC to heat up the musubi for you. Also, go early as choices can be limited if you're late.
All in all, if it's not for the few "nice" employees at Sheraton, I would have given this hotel a "poor" overall rating. Hopefully, the hotel and some employees' attitudes, services... can be improved ASAP.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is located in the heart of Waikiki just steps from Waikiki Beach and a short drive to downtown Honolulu. The hotel invites guests to experience the true spirit of aloha while enjoying daily cultural activities, fresh, local breakfast and dinner buffets and the Splash Bar! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Princess Kaiulani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Princess Kaiulani
- Princess Kaiulani Hotel
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hawaii/Honolulu