Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
US$386
US$500
US$352
3,746 results
All reviewssplash barhigh ocean viewacross the streetresort feea pool view roomwaikiki beachnightly entertainmentbeach servicethe international marketheart of waikikibeach chairsan older hotelhotel is in a great locationlobby areapool sideself parkinghigh floor
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our group of 32 stayed here May 29-30. They are in the process of renovating the hotel and it is looking very up to date. The rooms were very nice and clean. We ate the breakfast buffet and even though it was a bit pricey it was very good. The hotel is located right across the street from Waikiki Beach. The hotel provided towels and beach chairs for up to take to the beach I understand there is a resort fee but our group was not charged this fee. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Look the staff there are fantastic and the hotel is going through a long slow process of renovation, but in the process nothing worked. The Air con did not work properly, the door locks continually locked us out, waiting in the hall for security to let us in became the routine, even at two in the morning. The rooms are so tired and the furniture that is worn out has been replaced by chairs? (putting a drink on the bedside chair is a challenge let me tell you). Little stuff like lights that didn't work and the in room safe that had a mind of it's own. I am sounding very negative, but the staff were fantastic and in the long run this will again become a beautiful hotel, just not in june 2014.

Room Tip: Tower rooms on the pool side are quieter as the other side overlooks a construction site
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kodi B
sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Aloha Kodi B and thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. We apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us and we regret to learn that your trip was hampered by these issues. Thank you for your kind remarks about out associates. We truly appreciate the time you took to share your thorough and honest review. Mahalo.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here for a 3 night layover on the way from UK to Truk Lagoon, the hotel had been booked for us by a third party, on our arrival we were checked in quite quickly but were not happy to be informed that there was a $23 per night 'resort tax' that gave some benefits such as unlimited access to the internet on the hotels public computers, but that there was no option to opt out of that service unless it was done so at the time of booking,
Check for this if an agent is booking it for you and if are booking it yourself be sure to ask about this, what you are getting for it and if you are likely to get use of it during your stay.

Breakfast was not included in our package, the cost of eating in for breakfast at this hotel is in our estimations quite expensive so try and check menus beforehand.
We opted to find a nearby restaurant that served a breakfast buffet that was more reasonably priced and provided good portions, be advised that the target market in this region is the Asia Pacific nations so you will struggle to find too much in the way of familiar dishes around unless you spend your life in a sushi bar.

Our first room overlooked a burger King restaurant which was pumping out cooking fumes and noise, also on that side of the building was where all the buses and coaches went past, hissing air brakes and horns blasting is not what you want to hear at night after a long series of flights, then in the morning the road works started really early.
perhaps not much the hotel can do about external noise other than upgrade the double glazing to keep the noise out, but if you are seeking a quiet room the floors overlooking the front of the hotel are to be avoided.
The room its self was tidy but tired looking and the aircon was very noisy, the choice was be cool and don't sleep due to the noisy unit or be warm and don't sleep because you are too hot, not much of a choice really.

In the morning I asked at reception to change rooms as we had hardly been able to get any sleep due to all the noise issues inside and out, I eventually accepted a room on the 6th floor that overlooked the pool, this was much further away from the road and had a better aircon unit not being as noisy, the room still had a tired look about it but it was well furnished and reasonably comfortable, we slept quite well that night.

The reception staff were friendly and quite helpful although that morning most of my dealings were with the duty manager who dealt with my points in a good natured manner, probably helped by my likewise good natured approach to the issues.

The pool area is expansive and well catered for by a pool bar and plenty of sun beds and patio tables and chairs.

Night time brings a new dimension to the street outside the hotel, there were at least 4 or 5 prostitutes loitering near the hotel lobby, not far off were their pimps keeping an eye on things, not the kind of scene most people want to have in their faces.

The hotel is well positioned for Waikiki Beach and there is plenty to see and do in the area.
We took the opportunity to take a tour to Pearl Harbour to the Arizona memorial, this was a good value and moving trip, one to be recommended, we also took a tour up into the country side to try and find the 'real Hawaii'
The scenery is stunning but the original Hawaiian culture seems to have been largely lost to commercialism, the only grass skirts and Hawaiian dancing was of the 'manufactured for the tourists' variety at some of the hotels and clubs to remind us of times sadly long since passed.

Overall this hotel doesn't live up to the Sheraton brand name, although it was showing signs of being upgraded while we were there with the lobby having a facelift, hopefully this will extend to the rooms in the near future.
Its an adequately appointed hotel but nothing too grand to get excited about, it does the job and the more expensive suites and rooms might be very different to what we experienced.
Some people will be perfectly happy here others perhaps not so, as with all reviews on here its all a matter of perception and expectations of the writers

Room Tip: try and get a high room that overlooks the pool, there is far less traffic noise and you get to look at a nice pool, not a Burger King restaurant
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
sheratonpk, Online Marketing & PR Coordinator at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Aloha Graham105 and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We regret to learn that aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations and we apologize for our shortcomings. We understand your concern with some of the unpleasant pedestrians in the surrounding area and we can assure you that our security team works to ensure that unregistered guests do not loiter on our property. We unfortunately do not have jurisdiction over public sidewalks and roadways, but we do take appropriate measures to keep our guests comfortable. We apologize for the street level noise experienced in your first room and we're happy to learn that our agents were able to resolve this issue by relocating you to another tower. We do appreciate your honest feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your review. Mahalo!

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last September. It was out first trip together without our three children and i was already really nervous at the idea of leaving them
Behind.
When we were planing this trip we wanted to stick to a budget with accommodation and the sheraton princess seemed liked the perfect option. How could we go wrong with such a major international hotel group.
To our major surprise, we were very very wrong.
I remember getting out of the cab and walking Into the reception area and just wanting to cry.
It took 35 mins before we were served and another 25 min to check us in.
Taking deep breathes I was telling myself it will get better. Again I was so very wrong.
The actual hotel is very old and outdated. There is a smell that lingers around the hotel and its not very pleasant. The pictures I saw of the sheraton princess when researching hotels in Waikiki were quiet nice and the hotel did look old but not outdated.
When we walked into our room it took me a while to take everything in. The bed was messed up as if some one had been sitting on it, there were stains on the wall and in the corners on the floor there were dust balls with hair,the smell was horrendous, which was coming from sewage from the bathroom, the furniture was so old and worn out it was unbelievable!!
I cried and cried.
My husband who is a typical male and nothing bothers him was in shock as well.
I went straight to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager.
He was polite but seemed unfazed at the fact that I was so upset and that made me angry. He said the best he could do was give us vouchers for dinner that night and that I should understand that I have not booked a new and modern hotel. That made me more angry and I demanded that I speak to someone who can do something. I then was speaking to another manager explaining everything all over again and said if she could not help me that I would like a full refund and would go somewhere else. She then popped up her shoulders and asked me to wait a minute she then came back and told me she had found us another room that would be a lot more pleasant for our stay. We were moved to another room on a higher level. It was nice, still outdated and old but a lot more cleaner than the other room.
The Resturant there is horrible, we used our dinner voucher there and all I could eat was bread rolls the food is just terrible and cold. My husband, who again is the most laid back person could not manage to put anything in his mouth.
The pool is nothing like the photos I saw on their website. It looks as if some disease is brewing in their, the colour of the water is quiet scary, needless to say we never used the pool.
I would defiantly go back to Hawaii but never go back to the sheraton princess, it really ruined my holiday, it was so upsetting to me that we paid so much for the accommodation and it was really a 2 star hotel.
Please just be aware of the photos on their website, they are really deceiving and photo shopped. It is nothing like it seems on the website.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Beka_bs

Aloha Beka_bs,
We truly regret to learn that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We understand you must have been frustrated after waiting to check-in and we apologize that our guest service agents could not move through the line at a faster pace. We have quite a high number of arrival and departures each day, and our team continues to make every effort to work efficiently and effectively; we again apologize that our efforts fell short in offering a experience at our hotel. We value your feedback regarding your encounters with our associates, as this allows us to evaluate and enhance the execution of our service delivery promise. Thank you again for your time and honest comments. Mahalo.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel: The hotel and my room looked very old. I was told by some people at the hotel that the hotel will be remodeled sometime in August. Hopefully, this is going to happen as the status it was in when I stayed there didn't, in my opinion, live up to the Sheraton name.
Staff: Extreme inconsistency when it came to the quality of staff service.
Let's talk about the good service:
My housekeeper Belinda was very thorough in her service. She was also very friendly and helpful. There was a lady at the front desk and I think her name is Erin. She was also very helpful and friendly.
The Bad: I was in line at the front desk behind two Japanese ladies waiting to be served. There were two clerks there at the time and one was assisting some other customers. The only lady who was available did not acknowledge our existence in any way. First, she was busy talking with another staff. Then she disappeared into a room, completely ignoring our presence. We were all shocked as to how she treated people. There was also another male clerk (at another time) who was very rude. Again, I couldn't believe I was staying at a Sheraton!
There was a Burger King right across the street from the hotel. But the food was very expensive. I recall a combo meal cost me about US$10. There were some other restaurants in the same shopping complex. And, of course, they cost more than Burger King.
Fortunately, there was a food court (about a 15 - 20 minute walk) from the hotel. The food was not really cheap either. If you're in a budget and want to try something local and reasonable, I would suggest going to a ABC store (there were several near the hotel) and purchased a Musubi. Some musubi comes with spam; while there are those that come with chicken etc. (Different ABC stores carry different kinds of musubi. Depending on how big your appetite is, one musubi can be a meal. You can ask the clerk at ABC to heat up the musubi for you. Also, go early as choices can be limited if you're late.
All in all, if it's not for the few "nice" employees at Sheraton, I would have given this hotel a "poor" overall rating. Hopefully, the hotel and some employees' attitudes, services... can be improved ASAP.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank OregonTraveler9999

Aloha OregonTraveler9999, we regret to learn that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel. We are disappointed to learn that our team fell short in delivering the excellent stay you expect and deserve and we apologize for the less than pleasant experiences you had during your time with us. Please know that we've shared your feedback with our managers to ensure proper coaching takes place with our associates so as to prevent any similar situations. We again apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your time and honesty. Mahalo.