I stayed at this hotel for 14 days. My first room was on the 7th floor with a lovely view of the garage and a tarp covered trash bin. I could see the mountains on my left but that was it, the room itself was OK ..two double beds as requested. The furniture was shabby, the bathroom fixtures worn and some of the wallpaper needed to be repasted. Small things that would not have taken a lot of time to fix. In must say the pool was great ,,free towels, Popsicles and cool wash rags throughout the day. The location for eating, shopping and the beach was great. The restaurant was not so great, the buffet was waaaay overpriced, and service poor. Also, the buffet is on the way to the elevators and the smell, especially on the seafood buffet was nauseating at times. it should be moved!!
I upgraded to a room on the 26th floor, and for an extra $40 a day got a fantastic view. However , again the room and the furnishings were very shabby. I did complain about the desk chair (it looked as if had been gnawed upon by a large dog) and it was quickly replaced. The lady at the front desk was very helpful, or so I thought. The initial transfer of rooms took quite a long time due to some internal snafu, and she said she would send up cookies as a thank you...said cookies never arrived, even after I stopped by twice to remind her. Disappointing.
The cleaning needs to be more thorough...the edges of the furniture should be dusted and the floor needs to be vacuumed more often. I had sand in my room from the first day I used it and it never got vacuumed the whole time.
This was my first time in Honolulu..would I stay here again? ....doubtful when I see the other gorgeous hotels around. The location is good, but noisy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is located in the heart of Waikiki just steps from Waikiki Beach and a short drive to downtown Honolulu. The hotel invites guests to experience the true spirit of aloha while enjoying daily cultural activities, fresh, local breakfast and dinner buffets and the Splash Bar! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Princess Kaiulani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Princess Kaiulani
- Princess Kaiulani Hotel
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hawaii/Honolulu