“Very central location”

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
Ranked #53 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed on the 27th floor of a newer tower with a water view. The room was smartly furnished with a lanai with visitors (birds) stopping by when we were eating in our patio. This place was very central to exactly where we wanted to go. The beach is less than a 5 minute walk and if you wanted to go for a morning run by the base of Diamond Head it's an option. They also offer self park, but the only downside is that it doesn't have a elevator.

Pros: Nice views in our tower
Cons: Washroom toilet was difficult to flush
Shower head didn't have much pressure

Room Tip: Make sure you're requesting for the newer tower. It's worth the money!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank smilie604

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 14 days. My first room was on the 7th floor with a lovely view of the garage and a tarp covered trash bin. I could see the mountains on my left but that was it, the room itself was OK ..two double beds as requested. The furniture was shabby, the bathroom fixtures worn and some of the wallpaper needed to be repasted. Small things that would not have taken a lot of time to fix. In must say the pool was great ,,free towels, Popsicles and cool wash rags throughout the day. The location for eating, shopping and the beach was great. The restaurant was not so great, the buffet was waaaay overpriced, and service poor. Also, the buffet is on the way to the elevators and the smell, especially on the seafood buffet was nauseating at times. it should be moved!!

I upgraded to a room on the 26th floor, and for an extra $40 a day got a fantastic view. However , again the room and the furnishings were very shabby. I did complain about the desk chair (it looked as if had been gnawed upon by a large dog) and it was quickly replaced. The lady at the front desk was very helpful, or so I thought. The initial transfer of rooms took quite a long time due to some internal snafu, and she said she would send up cookies as a thank you...said cookies never arrived, even after I stopped by twice to remind her. Disappointing.

The cleaning needs to be more thorough...the edges of the furniture should be dusted and the floor needs to be vacuumed more often. I had sand in my room from the first day I used it and it never got vacuumed the whole time.

This was my first time in Honolulu..would I stay here again? ....doubtful when I see the other gorgeous hotels around. The location is good, but noisy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda N
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The SI was in great condition. they were doing some painting in the lobby area, but it was not a problem. the bar and pool area were very nice as were all of the staff. Everything very clean. It was a great location as once I parked the car I could walk about everywhere. A small outdoor mall across the street with some cute restaurants. Beach just a block away. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

room is quite old but overall experience is okay! location is perfect! next to the international market and just 1 block awsy from the beach.
we stayed at a high floor partial city and sea view room. and it is awesome!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The room was great! Big thanks to Crystal in reservations. Very comfortable bed and an amazing view of the ocean and part of Diamond head. You can also see Koko Head off in the distance. We were celebrating our anniversary so we went out to dinner. When we got back, there was a bottle of Cabernet and two glasses waiting for us.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews about this hotel before we went, to be honest I was actually dreading staying here. Now having actually experienced this hotel myself I have to say some people need to get over themselves. This hotel is great. Great location, excellent staff, lovely rooms (if not a little dated), genuine all round great stay. There is some modernisation being undertaken right now, which, when completed, can only enhance your stay. We had no problems at all staying here. We had a room on the 5th floor of the main block (not tower) overlooking the pool area. We had a great balcony, if not a little small, with a partial view of the ocean. Yes the pool is a little crowded, and perhaps too small for a hotel of this size, but who needs a pool when you have the entire Pacific Ocean a couple of hundred metres away?
The only downside I have is the resort fee. Definitely not worth the money unfortunately, you'd have to go some to get the value out of it. A few bottles of water and free internet access does not warrant $25 per day I'm sorry to say. At least consider a pay as you go resort fee that way people are only paying for what they actually use.
Otherwise I would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank luvorlando
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is an older hotel from the 60's, and even with renovation, it shows its age. Location is perfect but its a block away from the beach. Lobby areas are really nice but the valet areas are very crowded and often impossible to get your car in as you try to check in. Before you get to the front, you may be stopped by some "time sharing" venders so be aware. Rooms are rather small and view we got was looking toward the east with a glimpse of Diamond Head. Maybe other rooms could be better. But the price was good.
Pool is nice and lots of room to relax with a nice bar. However it seems it gets shaded by other tall buildings nearby, making it not very inviting and even too cold in December.
Location is great to all the shops and dining. Beach is very close within a minute or two across Kalakaua Ave. Next to International Market and Kings Alley and shopping complex of Hyatt Regency.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family