Wallpaper peeling from the wall, dirty clothing and shoes left by the previous guests, bathroom was rarely cleaned ( including hair sticking to the shower walls and toothpaste stains that remained for days.) Complaints worked for a day or two but then the cleaning became non-existent again. The bathroom faucets were rusting through the paint that had been applied over the fixtures.
The room was supposed to be ADA compliant but the shower head (hand unit) was placed at atleast 5 feet high and the controls were placed on the other side of the shower from the bench at least 5 feet away. How is a person in a wheelchair or unable to stand in the shower supposed to reach these?
The internet service in the rooms was prone to not working. There were long lines for the 4 computers in the business center. They also didn't work well and would often not connect to many websites such as yahoo and facebook.
The bathrooms off the pool also had not seen proper cleaning. The chairs and chaise loungers had not been scrubbed down in quite some time. You could see the dirt build-up on them. It looked as if the entire hotel had been neglected of basic care for years.
I took pictures of all of this. I also brought it to the attention of Sheraton (local management and coporate offices) and was blown off.
I was a loyal customer of Sheraton but now longer. Worst service I have ever received. I'll take Motel 6 over them anyday. At least I would get a clean room and better amenities in this case at a third of the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is located in the heart of Waikiki just steps from Waikiki Beach and a short drive to downtown Honolulu. The hotel invites guests to experience the true spirit of aloha while enjoying daily cultural activities, fresh, local breakfast and dinner buffets and the Splash Bar! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Princess Kaiulani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Princess Kaiulani
- Princess Kaiulani Hotel
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hawaii/Honolulu