This hotel is old. It was built in the 60's and they haven't updated it. The maids seem to try and clean it...but 50 year old bathrooms have 50 years of gunk in the tile and crevices between the walls and the tubs and sinks.
The AC is from the 60's also and barely works. You wake up in a cold-clammy sweat as it is a chilled water system that isn't quite chilled, and the fans are anemic and clogged.
The bathrooms have no exhaust fans. There is a vent, but it has no draw, so humidity from a shower sets back your room to tropical conditions.
Staff- Everyone I ran into was nice. The maids tried, but again 50 year old rooms are tough to keep up. Front desk staff was nice and quick.
Pool- A 50 year old pool, no hot tub, and anti-kid rules at the pool. I get that sometimes adults don't want to hear kids playing....but there is no 2nd pool for the kids. The pool attendant was a complete dick and constantly hounded the kids. There is nothing for kids to do.
The reason my rooms were free was because I used a bunch of hard-earned Starwood Points from my other stays throughout the year. Where they screw you is on the "fees." Parking is $40 a nite ($25 for hotel guests) and Internet is $25 a nite. So, unless you work the system, you are paying $75 a day for parking and internet for a mouldy room, internet and parking, and wasting a bunch of your starpoints.
I heard from hotel staff that Starwood knows that this hotel is crap, and they plan to tear it down in a year or so. I think it is apalling that they will still milk guests by making us stay in crappy-smelly rooms to leach a few more dollars out of a worn out building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is located in the heart of Waikiki just steps from Waikiki Beach and a short drive to downtown Honolulu. The hotel invites guests to experience the true spirit of aloha while enjoying daily cultural activities, fresh, local breakfast and dinner buffets and the Splash Bar! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Princess Kaiulani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Honolulu
- Sheraton Hotel Princess Kaiulani
- Princess Kaiulani Hotel
- Sheraton Honolulu
- Honolulu Sheraton
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hawaii/Honolulu