Sheraton Waikiki
US$299
US$286
US$361
6,444 results
All reviewsinfinity poolrum firekai marketedge barrumfire barthe club loungeocean frontfamily pooldiamond headthe royal hawaiianpool staffspg goldkoi pondspg memberbusy hotelsea turtlesresort fee
Reviewed 29 December 2012

One of the better Sheraton properties we've stayed. We had to wait for our rooms to be ready when we checked in at 3pm. Adjoining oceanfront view rooms on the 10th floor was amazing. Infinity pool was always crowded and we noticed looking down from our balcony that most of the lounge chairs have towels even sandals on them showing reserved as early as 7am, that pretty much discouraged us from getting in. Shops in the hotel have pretty much everything you need..cookie store, convenience, several clothing stores, .even a ukulele store, coffee, etc. and designer stores across the street and Starbucks. Lobby seems to always be crowded but there's so much to do as far as activity is concerned. The hotel charges resort fee but what hotel doesn't nowadays. It is a great property for family with small children as well teenagers.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2012

2nd stop on a 2 island vacation (Maui - Sheraton being the other).......
Hotel was awesome, was upgraded to a suite, based on my platinum status....they really took care of us. The guy who dropped off the luggage brought boogie boards with him for our use (Although as we found out later, boogie boarding isn't that great in the waves on Waikiki)
Room was huge, full master bedroom and other living room, with dual balconies overlooking Waikiki beach and Diamond head.
Nice having the extra room for the kids.j
Views were absolutely gorgeous..........

The club lounge was great for breakfast and dinner/drinks.......I could have lived off that...Can't say much about the hotels restaurants, since I did use them.

Although I didn't spend much time at the pool(s), besides lounging in the adult pool a few times, the kids loved it.
The cost for drinks at the pool was a bit much, so I ended up having my own concoctions readily avialable ....would have been nice to have a blender in the room for the wife...

Although we did a lot of activities (surfing, kayaking, snorkeling, etc) my favorite one was the run/hike me and wife took from the hotel to to the top of Diamond head....

The kids favorite was likely swimming with the Dolphins, which was $$$$, but the kids liked it

Awesome finishing leg to our vacation at a great hotel, service was awesome (SPG platinum highly recognized) Even got a late check out, since we had a red eye flight back home......

Room Tip: Platinum status provided me with the best room in the place, and got a late check out.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Found this hotel central to our needs and great location to beach. Clean and servicing ok. Staff ok but could do with being slighty more friendly when checking in. Valet parking and people working in the transport section very helpful

Room Tip: We had a "city" view, which wasn't but didn't up grade to Beach view as wasn't planning on spending a lot of time in our room so seemed a waste of money, which as it turned out would have been
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2012

My wife and I recently spent a week at the Sheraton Waikiki. We chose to stay at this hotel because of the infinity pool. The pool lives up to its reputation as a classy way to wade in fresh waters while overlooking the ocean in a 16 years old and up "adult" environment. (The kids' pool replete with water slide is next door.) However, the service level is fair to poor at best. More accurately, the operations level at the infinity pool is no better than any resort in middle-America. That is to say that there are limited chairs and so each day is a game to secure your seat in the sun. Either you need to get your name on a list and be willing to pay a premium for a special seat or you need to by get to the poolside at 7 or 8 a.m only to place a towel on your chair of choice before eating breakfast. By a few minutes after 8 a.m., you would be lucky to find an open seat that is not covered over in towels by seat bearers not yet present. Although the official rule states that reserving seats for no more than 2 hours is prohibited, in practice, it is difficult to enforce. I played the game and won my seat in the sun, but invariably each day there was some ensuing argument between a distraught hotel guest and pool attendant. Having overheard the arguments, it is clear that the hotel staff are not inclined to consider any more equitable systems for providing an overall improved experience...how about numbering each chair and providing a clock whereby the seat bearer can designate for himself the time at which he will return in order to retain such rights....the pool attendants are doing something similarly but seemingly ad hoc and without much effect.

But on a positive note, the infinity pool is quite a nice location for overlooking Diamond Head and bouncing around on an orange float cushion as other Waikiki beach goers walk on by. (Just make sure that you get to enjoy the float cushions before the styrofoam pellets all seep out into the pool water as seems to happen by 4 p.m. each afternoon-- another detail that seems to be overlooked by the operations staff.)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HiBryguy
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I travel a lot and have been to many Sheraton properties. In fact, I just came from Sheraton hotel in Maui which was fantastic. When I heard about this hotel I heard they had a room with no window!! Can you believe it??in a Sheraton brand?? So I made sure I booked through a website that said balcony! And I called them weeks before to make sure they did not give me this crappy room. But today I checked in and ended up with a room with half blocked window!! OMG...I should of gone to a cheaper hotel with proper windows... The front agent didn't seem to care as long as I checked in... Don't book through Expedia orbitz hotels.com Travelocity rakuten last minute or any other website!!! I would rank this hotel one of the worst!!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank flyhannah
SheratonWaikiki, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Aloha and thank you for your recent review of our resort. We are very sorry to learn of your experience and we would appreciate you contacting us directly at 377GuestExperienceTeam@Sheraton.com so we can properly follow up with you. We look forward to connecting with you soon.