“Nice hotel, perfect location”
Review of Sheraton Waikiki

Sheraton Waikiki
Ranked #34 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Englewood cli
“Nice hotel, perfect location”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights second week of December. The location is perfect since you are right on Waikiki beach and very centrally located. It is also not that far away from the airport. It took us about 40 minutes to get there from the airport. The room was clean and updated with a nice balcony overlooking the beach and Diamond head. Since we are spg platinum members, we had access to the club room. Breakfast and afternoon snacks were nice with a good variety. Coffee and other drink choices were fantastic. We also enjoyed the pool and water slide. Overall, we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. A hui hou.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 December 2013

After asking many friends where to stay in Waikiki I got a an array of recommendations and opted to do my own research and found Sheraton Waikiki. We stayed for this first two weeks of December 2013. From the first step on the property we experienced exceptional customer service. Our very first surprise was they gave us a small bag that we could fill with goodies from beer, wine, and various snacks, which was complimentary and when they found out it was my bday vacation they upgraded from city view to partial ocean view. As we started to walk to the elevator we caught the most breathtaking view of the Infiniti pool and the view of the ocean. I was in that pool everyday. The orange floaties are great, the view was amazing, and the Yogaquatics I mean really!!! Best workout ever!!! I did it everyday and scheduled all my island tours around the Yogaquatics class with Massimo. I made so many friends thru this class we we're die hards even recruiting others to take the class. The location is perfect easy access to the beach and walking distance to everything. It's so unlike us but we even went to the lei and puka shell making class the activities guy was awesome and my boyfriend even was excited about the class. The concierge Tommy was so helpful and we enjoyed everything he recommended. If I could live in this hotel forever I would. If I could rave about this hotel and the staff forever I would. The only thing that was horrible but such a great amenity is the room they provide you after checking out. Let me clarify. Our flight was very late but we had to check out by noon, in between check out and the shuttle picking us up for the airport we wanted to enjoy the beach and go on a catamaran ride, they offered us a room for 30 min. where we could shower before we go to the airport, this was awesome. It gives you the ability to get yourself cleaned up before your flight. The downfall to this service is, you just enjoyed a CLEAN and BEAUTIFUL experience throughout the hotel and your last impression is this nasty motel looking part of the hotel which was old, stale, and dirty. I appreciate the service however they should upgrade the wing and make it beautiful so the last impression of the hotel is just as breathtaking as the first impression. Other than that we are more than satisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
Aloha and mahalo for your fantastic review of our resort. We are trilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments and have shared them with our management team. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian vacation. A hui hou.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This was my second time at this particular Starwood hotel and I to I tried to manage expectations this time as the first time was so great.

Some reviewers complained about how loud the lobby is. With over 1600 rooms, the lobby is not going to be a tranquil setting. The Royal Hawaiian next door would be a better choice. For me, the hustle and bustle is one of the things I liked about the property and to escape it, all you need to do is go to the Koi Pond/pool area or upgrade to the club level and spend time in the lounge.

In fact, what makes this a top hotel choice for me is the Club Lounge. I have had SPG Platinum status since 1999 and have had club floor access in a number of properties, but the Club Lounge in this hotel is one of the best (for me personally, in my top 3). I noticed a number of quality improvements since my previous stay, esp. with the variety of food and drinks available in the morning and evening. Also, as a frequent traveler, hotels very often become anonymous places to spend the time, but the way this lounge is managed, you really can see and feel the high level of service and associated intimacy with the guests.

All of the staff on the club floor are great, and I wanted to especially mention Candace and Damian. They were always warm and welcoming, and really made me feel at home there. I think they make upgrading to the club floor really worthwhile as the added level of service makes for a much more memorable holiday, even when you are already in paradise.

In terms of the pool area, I preferred the kids pool area so I spent most of my outdoor time there, instead of the adult infinity pool. The staff in the kids pool were also very very good and loved the slide.

I thought I would focus on Kauai or Maui for my next Hawaiian holiday, but a part of me wants to come back to the Sheraton Waikiki.

Room Tip: Some suites come with 2 balconies, where you get a view of Diamond Head and the beach for the sunris...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Aloha and mahalo for sharing your recent experience with us. We are delighted to receive such wonderful feedback about our resort, especially our Leahi Club Lounge, from our Platinum members and returning guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. A hui hou.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed just one night at this mammoth hotel before our flight out of Hawaii. Its a very busy place, the lobby area is like a train station. The elevator bank has more elevators than I've ever seen standing in one position. There must have been at least 15 elevators all responding to one call button. You got to sprint to get from one side to the other. It certainly is a lively place but if you want a more relaxed and calm stay, check into the Royal Hawaiian next door where we stayed earlier the week before.

Our room faced east and looked down Waikiki beach and to Diamond Head. It was small but comfortable and clean. There was a balcony with some chairs to soak up the view. The bed was very comfortable. Unfortunately, our room was connected to another and our neighbours came home at 4 am and woke us up. Annoying but it didn't last long enough to disrupt sleep totally.

This place is great if you're going with a bunch of friends and you want to party like a rockstar, however, if you're looking for a quiet stay, I would opt to stay at the Royal Hawaiian.

Room Tip: Ask for room that do not connect to others.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank g4480
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are very happy you enjoyed your quick stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. A hui hou.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Loved, loved, loved staying at the Sheraton Waikiki!

The location is great, it has the best pool in the whole of Waikiki - with great floating bean bags,

Even better that it has a separate pool for kids!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Aloha and mahalo for your wonderful review of our resort. We are always thrilled to receive such great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian holiday. A hui hou.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Did not enjoy the Sheraton Waikiki. It was super crowded and loud in the lobby (someone else describes it as train station which accurate). Thankfully I have Starwood status so I was checked in immediately, vs standing in a line that looked like a tour bus just emptied out. Our check in person was friendly and seemed helpful...she gave us the opportunity to fill a welcome gift bag but didn't bother to mention the place to fill it closed at 5:30 pm (note NOTHING closes in Waikiki that early). Despite being there for only 15 hours, we did have to pay a $35 resort fee which pays for parking we didn't need and a pool that we didn't use. The club lounge is "meh." At checkin, we got a coupon for a free drink at rumfire, but it was so super sweet I couldn't choke it down (and I do like sweeter drinks). The rooms need updating but were clean and acceptable for the one night we were there.

The one highlight was that we were upgraded to an ocean view room and had a great view of Diamondhead.

Would I stay there again? Not likely I'm more of a Royal Hawaiian or Moana Surfrider person.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mjmjpi
Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We apologize for any miscommunications and are sorry you did not enjoy your quick stay. We hope your next visit is longer so you can truly experience our resort. A hui hou.
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Service was very slow. Our cocktails were literally virgin drinks. We told our server we didn't like them and we felt we got cheated on alcohol, she said well the alcohol is all portioned out. We ended up getting beers instead. It took a really long time for her to return with them. When the beers came, they were completely flat. Probably won't come back to this bar.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank tacori121
Aloha and mahalo for your recent feedback. We appreciate your coments and have shared them with the management team. A hui hou,