“Beautiful location”

Sheraton Waikiki
Ranked #32 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for the first three nights of our 14 day tour of Hawaii.
Check In took much longer than anticipated-- almost 20 minutes. But, once we located our room- a comfy quarter mile from the elevator, we were quite happy with our ocean/pool view.
The $30 a night room charge was a bit excessive and included a single drink, a photo and internet. I understand the need to charge for internet, but $30.00 a day is a bit much.
The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, but the beach is quite crowded.
All in all, we will probably not visit this island again, but it was a beautiful stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GracieFisher
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us hope you visit us again in the future. A hui hou.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel the first week of December. This hotel is amazing! I believe it is the best hotel in Waikiki. I got a Club room on the 30th floor overlooking the infinity pool. I highly recommend you stay on this side of the hotel. The balconies are right over the water and you can look down and see the big sea turtles swimming around. When I wasn't down enjoying the pool, I was sitting on the balcony enjoying the sunset and the breeze. I loved the infinity pool. They have big bean bags in the water that you can float on all day. Just put your heels on the edge of the infinity pool and float the day away. Total paradise! Or, you can rent a set of chairs right at the end of the pool. You can raise the cover when you want some shade and you have a very attentive wait staff to serve you. They were super nice. The room was your standard Sheraton room and was very comfortable. The Club is great and you should definitely take advantage of it. I ate breakfast there every morning and in the evening you get free wine and heavy hor durves. Plus an amazing fruit selection. I really didn't need more than that for dinner. After dinner you can just walk across the street and find amazing shopping. And not just souvenir type shops, I am talking about Hermes, Chanel and Prada just to name a few. Overall, I can't think of a better vacation spot.

Room Tip: Pick a ocean front Club room overlooking the infinity pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Julie513
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Aloha and mahalo for sharing your recent experience with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and truly value your wonderful comments and pictures. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next Hawaiian vacation. A hui hou.
Maitland, Australia
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I arrived home late last night from a around the world trip that included sailing across the Atlantic ocean,, fulfilling a childhood dream. The last hotel I stayed in was the Sheraton Waikiki in Honolulu on the way home. I always thought that the "Sheraton" name meant quality and style, well, when they charge you US$30 per night extra for resort charges (?) , let you carry your own bags to you room ( I gave up on counting the steps from the elevator the room after 130 steps), give you a room with tiny windows that overlook a roof and a car park, How can you write a favourable review ?
In actual fact I will NOT stay in a Sheraton facility again, When I expressed my views to the hotel staff at the time and again later... I might have spoken to Santa Claus for the good that it did. The people that run resorts are only after the dollars I feel and as I said I WILL NOT STAY AGAIN IN A SHERATON FACILITY...money hungry [---]!!

8 Thank Clive D
Aloha and mahalo for your recent feedback. We are not sure how you booked your stay with us but our resort fee is listed on our website, with all online booking agents, and all the travel agents who book our resort and if it was not listed in the booking we would like to connect with you so we can properly address the issue. We apologize a bell service member was not able to assist you however we have many on staff and they can be requested at the bell service desk. Thank you and a hui hou.
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We arrived at the hotel and our group was the only one in line to check in; the process went pretty quick. I would suggest the agents have standard items they tell all guests. All Starwood guests should received a card to visit a small store in the hotel to pick up some free items; I didnt know about this until my last day there through word of mouth. My hotel room was wonderful other than the morning sounds of trash trucks and views of neighboring hotels with a slight view of the ocean if I leaned over the balcony. The second day the manager accompanied my request for a different room which was a lovely ocean view directly over the pool.

The hotel is located on the beach with an infinity (adults only) and two other pools, great for family and kids. There are a couple of clubs and restaurant in the hotel along with Baskin Robbins and Peets coffee shops. Several other stores occupy the lobby and surrounding areas.

There are many computers in the lobby with internet access and pool tables.

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in; the best in Hawaii.

It is a little pricey, but worth the money. There is a mall right in front of the hotel on the main street of Waikiki that has many shops including Gucci, Prada and any other high end store you can think of shopping.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view or a mountain view facing Diamond Head
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Aloha and thank you for your recent review of our resort. We are excited you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. A hui hou.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We decided to spend one night in Waikiki, my fault, we should've spent more nights there instead of travelling onto Kona. The location is great, lots of restaurants and shopping near the hotel. The beach is clean, and the hotel people really made us feel welcome. We want to visit again soon with our family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Aloha and mahalo for your review of our resort. We are thrilled you enjoyed your one night with us and look forward to welcoming you back for many more in the future. Thank you for your great comments. A hui hou.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We were concerned when we first arrived as the lobby was packed and had somewhat of a Las Vegas feel. However, we quickly warmed up to the property and had an ideal stay. Our room had a partial ocean view on a high floor with a fair sized balcony. The room was very spacious (enough to kick a soccer ball around) but the bathroom was not as large as we would have liked. There was a closet that had convenient shelf space for our kids clothes. There was also a safe and an empty refrigerator for drinks and leftovers. The wifi in the room worked well as I streamed movies in the evening with no interruptions.

We frequented the SPG lounge for breakfast and for pre-dinner cocktails & buffet. The room has spectacular views and is a very relaxing and comfortable space. This was one of the nicer hotel features. The pool area was also beautiful. We lucked out as it wasn't nearly as crowded as indicated in other reviews. Our kids loved the many pool features and being able to walk outside the gate and be right on Waikiki beach. We also ate at Rum Fire, which had amazing views of the beach. The hotel had some interesting shops and the Royal Hawaiian Center is virtually adjacent to the hotel. There was a plethora of dining choices within walking distance. The fitness room was also top notch.

We loved our stay and will definitely consider the Sheraton again when in Honolulu.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Aloha and mahalo for your great review of our resort. We appreciate you sharing your experience and photos with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian vacation. A hui hou.
Englewood cli
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights second week of December. The location is perfect since you are right on Waikiki beach and very centrally located. It is also not that far away from the airport. It took us about 40 minutes to get there from the airport. The room was clean and updated with a nice balcony overlooking the beach and Diamond head. Since we are spg platinum members, we had access to the club room. Breakfast and afternoon snacks were nice with a good variety. Coffee and other drink choices were fantastic. We also enjoyed the pool and water slide. Overall, we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. A hui hou.