“A great stay in the heart of Waikiki”
Review of Sheraton Waikiki

Sheraton Waikiki
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed the first week of January. Compared to the HHV the week prior it seemed a lot less crowded. It's in the heart of Waikiki, so if you want a peaceful/relaxing beachside stay would recommend HHV, but if want to enjoy walking around Waikiki this is your place. Our family of four(2 adults and kids 4&6) enjoyed our stay here. As a gold was "upgraded" to a partial ocean view and a corner room which had a little extra room for the kids to roam around, which was great. Enjoyed the kids pool as it wasn't too crowded but could feel small if more kids around. The kids really liked filling their "bag" at the store as a "gold" gift.
Had a few issues during the stay but nothing significant. I appreciated the quick response (same day) after I filled out a post trip survey which shows me that the hotel is trying to improve, which is a good sign.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank abc_sea
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Aloha and thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. As a valued Gold member we appreciate your great feedback and we are always trying to improve. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your children enjoyed the extra room to play, and your gift bag. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. A hui hou.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Waikiki

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Loved this hotel! Beautiful view, great rooms. A very comfortable hotel. Beautiful pool, great restaurants and a very helpful and friendly staff. Close to everything in walkable Waikiki. Can't go wrong really.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ruby717

Aloha and thank you for your recent review of our resort. We are very happy you enjoyed your room, the beautiful views, restaurants, infinity pool, and our friendly staff. We value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you on your next Hawaiian vacation. A hui hou.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

After staying several times at the Moana Surfrider (I still love that property), Starwood increased the number of points required so I decided to try the Sheraton Waikiki. While the room was okay, the common areas are beautiful, the staff is very attentive, and Filippo from the poolside Maui Jim sunglass stand gave exceptional service.

• Stayed: January 2014
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Aloha and mahalo for your recent feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your great comments about Filippo and our infinity pool. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. A hui hou.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Great view right on the waterfront in top of the beach. Short stroll along a narrow walkway to get to the beach. Resort fee includes a real bottle of water among other perks that more than justify the cost if you took advantage of them all. Convenient self parking that's good until midnight of the day you leave. Big spacious and comfortable room. Mountain view is an euphemism for not beach front view. You get a peek of mountain or water and other hotels. Spring for the beach front room and you will be happier for it. The hotel is in the heart of Waikiki so shopping or evening stroll is right there. The only bad thing about the place is the check in/check out experience. Not busy, just extremely inefficient.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 48Traveling

Aloha and mahalo for your fantastic review of our resort. We are thrilled you enjoyed all of the inclusions in our resort fee and appreciate your feedback about the check-in/out experience. We have shared your comments with our management team so they can look into solutions. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian vacation. A hui hou.

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful 5 day stay at Sheraton. I got a Oceanfront Suite on the 28th floor with an amazing view of the beach and the Diamond Head mountain.
* Staff is very helpful and accommodating.
* The club lounge is one of the best. Huge spacious location on 30th floor, amazing view on all sides, huge selection of dishes for both morning and evening, free beer and wine!
* Both the regular pool and the Infiniti pool are nice; great to hang out even after dark.
* Right at the beach. And close to a ton of great restaurants. RumFire is nice too - was there for lunch on one of the days. Loved the Margarita pitchers.
* For Platinum guests, you get a complimentary gift bag (to stuff with any number of items from the gift store) in addition to the other plat benefits.

Overall, highly recommend and will be back soon.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Ajay Chakravart... S

Aloha and mahalo for your recent feedback. We are happy to hear about your wonderful stay with us. As a valued Platinum member we appreciate your straightforward comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. A hui hou.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We've recently returned from our trip to Hawaii. We used Roberts Shuttle service to get us to and from the airport, glad we did that. They met us at our gate, took us to baggage claim and delivered us with a nice commentary of the sites along the way. Our stay at the Sheraton Waikiki was nice. The room was clean and small but all we really needed. We had an ocean front room with an amazing view from the 11th floor. The hotel is VERY BUSY so be prepared! It is in a great location, walk to great restaurants and shopping. This hotel does not have a beach but there is one to your right or left of the hotel. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. We went to rent a car from the Avis counter there and Sherri(not sure I spelled it right) went above and beyond our expectations in an effort to find us a car (because they did not have one) and give us tips and tricks on where to go, where to eat and what to see. She was wonderful!
We drove to North Shore, saw Pearl Harbor and then moved on to the peaceful island of Maui!!! If you don't mind a busy hotel and its surroundings you'll love this place!

Room Tip: Higher floor, worth paying for ocean front!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank skstelke

Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your views and our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian vacation. A hui hou.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I recently completed a 6 night stay with vacation with my family. This was the perfect hotel.

I am Platinum SPG and I booked with points, so I didn't pay anything other than the resort fee, which is quite steep... but in perspective ~$30 a day for a $600/night room is a good deal.

Using the SPG Gold/Platinum check-in was very quick and painless. It took less than 5 minutes to check in.

The lobby and shops area was immaculate with the unmistakable Sheraton smell. I must say it was quite strange to smell the same scent in Hawaii as I do in Warsaw, Poland!

I never had any problems with the elevator wait time, as I have read here (or maybe on Flyer Talk).

The one area that is lacking, and I find it very hard to complain about since I was upgraded, is the Malia suite. The layout was perfect, the view was amazing, at >800 sqft, it was enormous... but it is in desperate need of refurbishment. The paint is peeling, the carpets are a little grungy, the bathroom just plain and the bath tub had some mildew (not bad, or dirty, just what your own bathroom would look like after 20 years of neglect). It was clean enough to give our 3 year old a bath.

I can't complain, like I said, it was a free upgrade... but if I was paying $600 - $700 a night for the room, I would not be very happy.

We didn't eat at any of the restaurants on site so no comment there, but the Peet's coffee on site is very good. And the convenience store is also helpful, but they don't take room charges... strange. Also there is an odd odor emanating from the store... I am not quite sure what it is but it smells like boiling cabbage.

The family pool is the perfect size. I never noticed it to be over crowded, but it was difficult to get a chair some days. Also it said it was only open from dawn to dusk, but we swam after dark and noticed others as well. The staff did not say anything to us. As we had the kid with us, we did not try the infinity adults only pool, but it actually looks smaller and more crowded than the family pool.

Beach access was great (make sure you go to the smaller beach (to the right when walking towards the ocean... much less crowded). The vendors renting chairs and umbrellas though are quite rude. If you do want to rent a chair or umbrella, make sure you do it early or the day before.

SPG -- I spent over 50 nights at Sheraton Warsaw last year so I have platinum status. I was recognized and thanked (I am not TOO much of a DYKWIA snob eith travel statuses) which was nice. I was always helped immediately at the front desk. One thing lacking, and I will bring up with SPG, is the lack of an alternate platinum amenity (look it up on flyer talk if you nd to know what that is). I was told it was the bag that you can fill at the gift shop... but everyone seemed to get one. Like I said I will call the platinum concierge line and see what is up with that.

Oh, and the lounge was GREAT. Great view, perfect breakfasts, free beer in the evening and even managed to make a dinner of the evening appetizers one night.

Overall a GREAT stay. I would definitely come back, and someday may do just that.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TommyK3769

Aloha and mahalo for sharing your wonderful experience with us. As a valued Platinum member we truly appreciate your great feedback. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently finalizing the details for refreshing our Malia suites and hope to get started on them soon. We are happy you enjoyed Lawson Station (the convenience store in our lobby) and apologize for any inconvenience caused by not being able to room charge your purchased there, unfortunately they are a completely separate company and we are unable to do room charges. Thank you again for your thoughtful review and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Czesc as they say in Warsaw or a hui hou we say.