“Do not book this hotel”
Review of Sheraton Waikiki

Sheraton Waikiki
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Walls are soooo thin and rooms so small you can hear the people two rooms down from you talking. Location is great on the beach but there are lots of other hotels which I'm sure are better. There are not many chairs available at the pool for the size of the hotel so do not expect to be able to get a a chair. Chairs are set up so that only people on the front row of chairs have a sea view all others get to view just the back of other chairs.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Bigfred998
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We value your feedback and comments and have shared them with our management team. A hui hou.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I booked this hotel for the second part of our honeymoon and so far we are absolutely impressed. Compared to other hotels on the beach, this one is where affordability meets luxury.

It's not too expensive like the trump, but it's only slightly more expensive than other options in the area and for what you get... it's WELL WORTH IT.

We spent the first two days of our honeymoon in an executive suite at another hotel on the strip. We thought that hotel was nice.

However, we get here and we're just blown away by this one, even though our room is much much smaller.

Why?

Simple: The sheraton has it all.

It's got shops in the hotel. Delicious restaurants in the hotel. A beach. An infinity pool that looks out over the ocean, a kids pool, a spa, tons of activities and many many more... that's ALL IN THE HOTEL.

Then, the hotel is in the perfect spot of Waikiki. it's in the middle of everything, including the beach, shopping centers, shows, entertainment, and more.

It really is a great spot.

But what tops off this whole thing for me is Tommy.

My wife and I planned out what we wanted to do for the rest of the honeymoon but weren't sure how to book it.

So we went down to concierge, and sure enough Tommy booked all of them for us just like that.

Not only that, but he did it much faster than we could, organized it all, AND saved us money.

On top of that, he was the nicest person I've met so far in Hawaii. He was super fun to chat with, he was very great with advice and knowing the activities in the area, and he had a contagious laugh that was just awesome!

He made us feel like locals.

Tommy is the best... and if I lived here... I would definitely try to befriend him.

If you stay at the sheraton, GO SEE TOMMY! We tried to tip him because he was so awesome but he wouldn't even take it. He said, "I love helping people. As long as I'm happy, It's my pleasure to do this for you. I don't want your tip!"

It was incredible and I don't think I've met many people as nice as tommy in my entire life.

Definitely enjoy it here. And would stay here again if and when we return.

Room Tip: Go for ocean front.
1  Thank Stephen G

Aloha and mahalo for sharing your awesome experience with us. We are always thrilled to receive such wonderful feedback from our guests. Thank you for your wonderful comments about Tommy, we have shared them with him and our management team. We are very fortunate to have such wonderful associates and Tommy is one of the best around. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian vacation. A hui hou.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Unless you are Japanese don't bother staying here as any problems or requests are ignored.The rooms are old and the beds are small.We had booked a view room with a balcony it when we arrived we were told it was not available and were put in a room with no balcony and a view of a cement wall.When I complained they told me we can change rooms in 3 days but had to check out at 11am and recheck in at 3pm.Who could be bothered.Yet a Japanese couple had a problem with there room next to me ,and how funny they were upgraded instantly.Amazing! The we get to the pools.Yes they are lovely if you can find a chair.We finally found 2 and put our towels on them and went swimming,the pool guy came over and told us we had to pay$70 if we wanted to sit on the chairs! Are you serious.So we left the pool as there were no chairs and went to the beach.There were heaps of chairs here,so again we went swimming was nice ,then we got out to sunbake and a guy form the hotel came up to us and said if you want to sit on the chairs it is $45. It just gets better.I always stay at Sheratons but I would never recommend this one it is a money making scam.And to the guys who said you get a lovely gift bag to fill when you arrive what a joke it fit 1can of drink and a bag of chips.There are plenty of nicer hotels along the beach so I would recommend on of those.DO NOT BOOK THE SHERATON.

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank millymooAustralia

Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are very sorry to learn about your disappointment. We value your feedback and have shared your comments with our management team. A hui hou.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

It was my second time vacation in Honolulu, the lobby and the facilities were great, infinite pool, family pool, and the mini burger from the bar next to family pool are best notch in town. However, our room was dated, I believe they definitely needed overall renovation.
The location is the best, royal Hawaii shopping mall is just right in front of Sheraton. And it is easy to walk around Waikiki area, location, location, location, I believe that's why they charged so expensive.

Room Tip: Pick the room facing the ocean, you will see turtle from your lanai.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We truly value your feedback and are excited to let you know we are currently working on a guest room enhancement project to address your concerns. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for your third stay in Waikiki. A hui hou.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I will say this hotel is in the best location if you want to stay in Waikiki. It is literally in the middle of the action, near a lot of restaurants and shops.
The best thing about this place is the adult infinity pool that looks over the ocean. The downfall is that there are not enough pool chairs and you often end up at the loud kids pool.
Another plus is the bar Rum Fire in the hotel. It has great food, drinks, and musicians. Also beautiful Tiki Torches.
The reason for reducing it by one star is that the hotel is very busy! It is close to many things which is why there is so much foot traffic; it is also very large.

1  Thank keiko1999

Aloha and thank you for your recent feedback. We are very happy you enjoyed our central location, infinity pool, and RumFire. We are working to add more seating to our infinity pool area later this year. Mahalo and we look forward to welcoming you back. A hui hou.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Sheraton Waikiki is pretty amazing. It has a fantastic central location right in the middle of Waikiki. I cannot say enough about the infinity pool. It is gorgeous. We had an itinerary of activities to do but many were tossed out the window as we found ourselves spellbound by the pool almost every afternoon. It can get crowded so you have to get there early and they hotel is stringent about making you wear wrist bands to make sure only hotel guests have access. The only problem is a lot of people lay down towels and hoard seats and never show up or do not pick up after themselves so that when people want a chair they all seem taken.

There is a minimum 16 years age for the Infinity pool which makes it very restful as there are no children running about. The Sheraton also has a huge amazing kids pool for families.
The front row of chairs in the infinity pool are available at a charge of $30.00 which can sound costly but for a view like that it is not unreasonable.

We were celebrating our 20th Anniversary and were given a lovely view of the ocean and diamond head. There are 2 chairs on the lanai with a bar on the back which is great for drying stuff. Be careful if you get a lower room ocean view you will hear the Rumfire nightclub late into the night. My husband and I are night owls but it is still pretty loud. So if you are travelling with kids be prepared. The food in the Rumfire is tasty and the drinks are yummy. The Kai market has a seafood dinner buffet which was pretty good. They also have a pizza place and a Coffee place that sells fresh breakfast bagels and sandwiches. All the food is decent but comes at a higher cost and resort prices which is typical. But we enjoyed the food much better than our stay at the Moana Surfrider. They also have Lawson market which is just like and ABC store for your many needs.

The Bathroom: I liked all the counter space in the bathroom. A con about the bathroom is that there is no sink plug. The sinks are rather deep which I like (no splashing). But as we are in Hawaii we need to rinse our swimsuits daily and having no plug in the sink makes this pretty difficult.

The Room: The room was spacious. There were no robes. It is odd that this hotel does not have any drawer space. They do have a shelving unit near the entrance by the bathroom but there seems to be space for a 3 draw dresser just no dresser. My husband was able to use the suit case holder but I did not want to put my clothes by the front door in the open shelves so I wish they provided 2 suitcase holders, instead I used an ottoman and lived out of my suitcase.

The service was very good. We had no complaints about checking in or maid service. The waiters in the Kai Market and by the poolside work very hard. The hotel acknowledged our anniversary and we were able to go to the hotel gift shop and fill a small bag with goodies of our choosing.

I love the location of the Sheraton Waikiki. You are near everything. We have stayed at the Moana Surfrider, the Royal Hawaiian but I think this is my favourite. We will definitely return.;

Room Tip: The Oceanview is amazing. Be careful if you ask for an ocean view and are on a lower floor 12 or lo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Aloha and mahalo for sharing your amazing experience with us. Congratulations on your 20th Anniversary and thank you for choosing to celebrate with us. We truly appreciate your detailed feedback and are delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian vacation. A hui hou.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose the Sheraton Waikiki as our second hotel on our honeymoon trip. Worst mistake ever! We've heard so much great reviews about this place so though it would be worth it. It wasn't! The wait to check in was ridiculous; the employees were rude and arrogant and couldn't answer any of my questions about what was around the hotel. The beds were uncomfortable; bathrooms were so old and shower is tiny. The balcony was dirty and worst of all the air conditioner made so much noise while it was on my husband couldn't even sleep!!!!! When I made a complain all they said was they have no other rooms available and didn't try to substitute with anything else!
The infinity pool is beautiful but always so packed you have to go down so early to book a seat and you can barely move around in the pool because of how many people there are!
The only good thing was the really friendly concierge and cleaners!
Don't book this hotel!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Georgina O
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Aloha and mahalo for your recent review. Congratulations on your recent nuptials. We are very sorry to learn about your disappointing stay with us and truly appreciate your valuable feedback. Since your stay in August we have worked on solutions to reduce the check in time and we are currently working on a guest room enhancement project to address any issues in our guest rooms. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your honeymoon and we would appreciate you sharing any more details of your stay with us directly so we can properly follow up with you. Mahalo again for your comments and we look forward to connecting with you soon. 377GuestExperienceTeam@Sheraton.com