“So confused--”
Review of Sheraton Waikiki

Sheraton Waikiki
Ranked #36 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 26 June 2014

by all these negative reviews!

When we stayed at Sheraton Waikiki, not only did we get a fantastic room overlooking the beautiful ocean but experienced some of the best housekeeping services in all our travels. Great location, lots of fantastic restaurants nearby and just overall a wonderful Hawai'i experience.

And mind you, I'm from Hawai'i, so I know the value of a great hotel. Sheraton is one of them!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank enk_wanderlust
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Aloha and mahalo for your wonderful review of our resort. We are thrilled your stay with us and appreciate your great feedback about our housekeeping team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay. A hui hou.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,255)

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I made the same comments to hotels in Beijing but never thought I would make this comment to a US hotel. most facilities in the hotel are as expected for a 5-star place in Wakiki. The service? remind me of my experience in Beijing-- the reception staff have no clue In managing customers in queue and can't function well handling conflicts. I waited in line and was standing in front of a front desk staff who couldn't turn on her computer. instead of directling us to other staff we were bypassed by many groups until I felt so disgusted of the chaos and complained . Com'on! I only expect this happening in china but not Wakiki. and then we were told that no room was available and I was asked to leave them my phone number. I didn't trust them by then and asked for a pager to page me when room is ready. I checked back near 3 pm and was told that the room was ready for a long time. I asked why there was no page and the staff just told me that they did not know that they have to page me. so frustrated. I don't even want to mention another chaotic situation about the hotel shuttle that booked via the hotel website. Listen, DO NOT book shuttle via the hotel web site. they showed up late, offered no excuse and simply don't care.
I rather stay in a more friendly place then a 5 -star hotel with no soul. I am disappointed as a Starwood member since 1994.

I will probably write another piece after I check out out on Sunday

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Uncle_Vin

Aloha and thank you for your recent feedback. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during check-in and with the shuttle service. We have shared your comments with our management team and encourage you to contact us directly if you have any further feedback about your stay. Mahalo and a hui hou.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Sheraton Waikiki is a Category 6 SPG property located in the heart of Waikiki Beach. It is located right next to another SPG property, The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection resort. A free night at the Sheraton Waikiki goes for 20,000 – 25,000 SPG points, depending on season. I was able to book this hotel while it was still a Category 5 with Cash + Points (6000 SPG Points + $ 110) before the 2014 SPG changes took effect and it moved to Category 6. The hotel charges a resort fee ($31) which includes self-parking, high-speed internet in the room and some other amenities.

We were allowed to check-in 2 hours early and the front desk agent told us that she had upgraded us from a city-view to ocean front room. Yaaay !! and we are not even SPG Elites. We were psyched to see what kind of views the room would have!!

The room had 2 full beds. It was fairly spacious.The bathroom was a little interesting. The wall had shutters adjoining the bedroom and after taking the pictures we kept them closed for the rest of our stay :).

The highlight of the room was definitely the patio. The Sheraton building curves around and we were at dead center with amazing views of the ocean and the infinity pool. Looking down, we were able to watch sea-turtles swimming in the ocean right in front of the pool.

We spent quite a bit of time at the infinity pool on the last day of our trip. The pool was adults-only but it was only 3.5 ft deep (.

In the heart of Waikiki beach, lots of dining and shopping options abound.
Lots of shopping options at the resort itself
Very responsive front desk. We were allowed early check-in, late check-out and the front desk upgraded us to higher category room even though I am just a basic SPG member.

Very expensive hotel.
No actual beach at the hotel. There is a very small strip of sand to the right of the resort.
Although a beautiful infinity pool, it was very shallow at 3.5′ deep.

For more reviews and pictures, please visit my blog at http://www.milespointstravel.com

Room Tip: Definitely want to stay at a high floor ocean-front room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank milespointstravelkom

Aloha and mahalo for sharing your recent experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your upgraded room and amazing views, thank you for sharing the pictures. We are very happy your stay was enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you back soon. A hui hou.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have been to Honolulu on several occasions and usually stay at another chain hotel further down the beach and wanted to try this hotel. I was able to get a great rate with Starwood's BRG.

Here are the pluses:
- location, close the the Royal Hawaiian shopping area which is close to about 27 ABC Stores (I am exaggerating) and restaurants.
- public areas are really nice and updated
- pool, best pool I have been to in Waikiki (Pool staff Sharon and Nico are awesome)
- perks if you have status with SPG (I am still Gold but will be Platinum before my next stay)
- parking is easy if you have a car (friends and I rented a car for two days to see the North Shore)
- Internet is pretty snappy for hotel Internet
- convenient stores for sundries
- hotel room and common areas were clean (no need for Hotel Impossible to visit)

Could use improvement
- my only complaint and it is a minor one is that the room was a little "blah". I didn't feel like I was in Hawaii, it could of been Dubuque Iowa. It was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank scherzva

Aloha and mahalo for sharing your recent experience with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the Brady Bunch hotel and took advantage of our best rate guarantee. As a valued Gold (about to be Platinum) member we appreciate your loyalty and insights from earning your status. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian vacation. Mahalo and a hui hou.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here for 3 nights in a city view room which also had a partial view of the ocean. The rooms are modern but lacking a couch or chair which made one side of the room look bare. The beds are super comfortable, the sweet sleeper beds are the best of any hotel chain.
The infinity pool is amazing the view is the best of Waikiki. We hired a cabana for a day which is about $65 and you get chilled water & fruit Brought to you throughout the day. In the late afternoons the turtles would come and swim up near the infinity pool which I really enjoyed watching each day.
This hotel is very popular with Japanese tourists and like the Hilton Hawaiian village I feel like they are treated better by the staff (probably because they spend more dollars!)

Will stay here again if we can get a good package or deal.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank miss76wa

Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian holiday. A hui hou.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall staff was very friendly, helpful, and efficient. We used the concierge desk to book golfing and maps of the area, they were extremely helpful and patient. The service was extraordinary, clean rooms, and hotel areas. Pool and resort facilities were great. I would recommend this hotel for next stay in Waikiki Beach.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gatubeda05

Aloha and mahalo for your recent review of our resort. We are thrilled you had an awesome stay with us. Thank you for sharing your great picture of our Helumoa pool and wonderful feedback about your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian vacation. A hui hou.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is an old and somewhat worn out hotel. Its had a number of refurbishments over time and remains pretty decent. I rate it three star. So knowing that, in my mind for a three star it is what it is and does what you would expect it to. The hotel is huge and impersonal. The food is average although the food by the pool is horrible. It is however in a fabulous location near some good restaurants and locations. My advice is to eat out if you stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MichaelJ08

Aloha and thank you for your recent review of our resort. We appreciate you feedback and have shared your comments with our management team. We strive to connect with our guests and apologize for not connect with you during your stay. We are very happy to let you know we have updated our menus and hope you enjoy the changes on your next stay with us. mahalo and a hui hou.