Sheraton Waikiki
US$417
US$378
US$632
6,399 results
All reviewsinfinity poolrum firekai marketedge barrumfire barthe club loungeocean frontfamily pooldiamond headthe royal hawaiianpool staffspg goldkoi pondspg memberbusy hotelsea turtlesresort fee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Sheraton Waikiki is right in the middle of everything. Everything on the main street is within walking distance. The lobby is very large and welcoming and there are lots of fun shops throughout it. There are 10 elevators which means there aren't very long wait times which was very nice. The restaurants were all incredible and the hotel grounds are very well kept and beautiful. The parking garage is easily accesible and attached to the lobby, and there are many levels with lots of space, and I also noticed spots for electric vehicles. There is no beach right in front of the hotel because of the infinity pool which made me a little skeptical when booking. However, there was a ton of room on the beach on either side of the pool, so it was better to be able to have the beach and the amazing pool! This definitely seems like one of the best, if not the best hotels on the street in relation to everything there is to do, and for overall price and comfort. I would definitely recommend checking this out.

Room Tip: The beach front rooms are incredible if you're willing to spend the extra money. However, the diamond head view rooms you can still see the water and the pool as well.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
SheratonWaikiki, Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Aloha and thank you for your recent review of our resort. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your amazing photos. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian vacation. A hui hou.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Excellent stay! The front desk people were very kind. The check -in time is 3pm so we got in as we expected. Peter took our luggage to the room and was very helpful. Gave us some great tips on the islands. The next day, Shirley caught us in the room around mid-day as we just woke up due to time difference in Japan (where we live). She cleaned up the room and worked with a great smile like she really loves what she does! Good sight to see, indeed!

The pools are great! My son loved the slide and could live sliding daily! I love the fact that it had two warm outdoor jacuzzis. The infinity pool is also lovely and we also enjoyed sitting by "The Edge" with our drinks watching the sunset. The beach is safe for younger kids as there are no huge waves. You can stroll a little to catch bigger ones for older kids. We also had fun sitting by RumFire when we can't get some sleep yet. Good to enjoy the breeze on late nights there. The hotel has predominantly Japanese guests so "The Market' hotel restaurant caters to the Japanese taste which is good for us.

The rooms are great. The beds are the best! The ocean view is just so refreshingly relaxing!

Location is the best! We get to enjoy good restaurants and shops around since it's right smack at the center of Waikiki. You can even cross the street from the hotel entrance and enjoy the food court in the adjacent mall (Royal Hawaiian) if you want a quick meal. They have a variety of fast foods and Asian food, too. Walk through the back and you can get Ruth's Chris steak and The Yardhouse and some nice local restos and even Denny's if you like American food.

I like the idea that there is a Lawson. This allows us the convenience of Tokyo!....plus we never miss our Japanese bits!

The pool area can get crowded at times, which is to be expected in Waikiki. You will want to get up early if you want to get a sunny spot.

Overall, it was great time spent here by the family! I would recommend it to anyone especially to families with kids.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Aloha and mahalo for your wonderful review of our resort. We are delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We value your great comments and look forward to welcoming you back on your next Hawaiian vacation. A hui hou.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

by all these negative reviews!

When we stayed at Sheraton Waikiki, not only did we get a fantastic room overlooking the beautiful ocean but experienced some of the best housekeeping services in all our travels. Great location, lots of fantastic restaurants nearby and just overall a wonderful Hawai'i experience.

And mind you, I'm from Hawai'i, so I know the value of a great hotel. Sheraton is one of them!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank enk_wanderlust

Aloha and mahalo for your wonderful review of our resort. We are thrilled your stay with us and appreciate your great feedback about our housekeeping team. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay. A hui hou.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I made the same comments to hotels in Beijing but never thought I would make this comment to a US hotel. most facilities in the hotel are as expected for a 5-star place in Wakiki. The service? remind me of my experience in Beijing-- the reception staff have no clue In managing customers in queue and can't function well handling conflicts. I waited in line and was standing in front of a front desk staff who couldn't turn on her computer. instead of directling us to other staff we were bypassed by many groups until I felt so disgusted of the chaos and complained . Com'on! I only expect this happening in china but not Wakiki. and then we were told that no room was available and I was asked to leave them my phone number. I didn't trust them by then and asked for a pager to page me when room is ready. I checked back near 3 pm and was told that the room was ready for a long time. I asked why there was no page and the staff just told me that they did not know that they have to page me. so frustrated. I don't even want to mention another chaotic situation about the hotel shuttle that booked via the hotel website. Listen, DO NOT book shuttle via the hotel web site. they showed up late, offered no excuse and simply don't care.
I rather stay in a more friendly place then a 5 -star hotel with no soul. I am disappointed as a Starwood member since 1994.

I will probably write another piece after I check out out on Sunday

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Uncle_Vin

Aloha and thank you for your recent feedback. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during check-in and with the shuttle service. We have shared your comments with our management team and encourage you to contact us directly if you have any further feedback about your stay. Mahalo and a hui hou.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Sheraton Waikiki is a Category 6 SPG property located in the heart of Waikiki Beach. It is located right next to another SPG property, The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection resort. A free night at the Sheraton Waikiki goes for 20,000 – 25,000 SPG points, depending on season. I was able to book this hotel while it was still a Category 5 with Cash + Points (6000 SPG Points + $ 110) before the 2014 SPG changes took effect and it moved to Category 6. The hotel charges a resort fee ($31) which includes self-parking, high-speed internet in the room and some other amenities.

We were allowed to check-in 2 hours early and the front desk agent told us that she had upgraded us from a city-view to ocean front room. Yaaay !! and we are not even SPG Elites. We were psyched to see what kind of views the room would have!!

The room had 2 full beds. It was fairly spacious.The bathroom was a little interesting. The wall had shutters adjoining the bedroom and after taking the pictures we kept them closed for the rest of our stay :).

The highlight of the room was definitely the patio. The Sheraton building curves around and we were at dead center with amazing views of the ocean and the infinity pool. Looking down, we were able to watch sea-turtles swimming in the ocean right in front of the pool.

We spent quite a bit of time at the infinity pool on the last day of our trip. The pool was adults-only but it was only 3.5 ft deep (.

In the heart of Waikiki beach, lots of dining and shopping options abound.
Lots of shopping options at the resort itself
Very responsive front desk. We were allowed early check-in, late check-out and the front desk upgraded us to higher category room even though I am just a basic SPG member.

Very expensive hotel.
No actual beach at the hotel. There is a very small strip of sand to the right of the resort.
Although a beautiful infinity pool, it was very shallow at 3.5′ deep.

For more reviews and pictures, please visit my blog at http://www.milespointstravel.com

Room Tip: Definitely want to stay at a high floor ocean-front room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank milespointstravelkom

Aloha and mahalo for sharing your recent experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your upgraded room and amazing views, thank you for sharing the pictures. We are very happy your stay was enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you back soon. A hui hou.