After reading various reviews of Pacific Beach, I was not expecting anything too amazing. But I am pleased to say that we were very happy with our stay here. Our main concern was being somewhere close to the beach, shopping and a view of the water. We stayed in a partial ocean view room in the Oceanarium tower. Even though we were on the side of the building we had a FANTASTIC view of the ocean to sit out on the lanai and watch the sunset -just beautiful!
The hotel common areas and the rooms are very dated and in need of a refurbishment, however our room was large, comfortable and very clean.
Location is superb. Just cross the road and you are on the beach, and you are right on Waikiki strip with an array of restaurants and shopping.
Only downsides I could pin point are the small toliet/shower area, the bad fishy smell of the lobby (from the restaurant) and the need for a $20per day 'resort fee'.....as the pool is 'meh' and you have to pay to use the gym.
I would stay here again as it is good value for location and size of room and lanai. Anywhere else beachfront or ocean view around Waikiki you would be looking at MIN. $350 per night.
Surfboard/paddle board lessons and hire and much cheaper on the back streets. When you come out of the hotel on the side (not on the main beach road) there is a little side street when 'Waikiki Resort' entrance is. Walk up to the next corner and there is a dodgy looking food place called 'Blazin Steaks' which is actually really good, and a surf hire place next door. Rates are MUCH better then hiring at any of the vendors on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across Waikiki Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean, Waikiki City Lights, and Diamond Head landmark. Full service hotel with 839 guestrooms, island-style family dining, flexible meeting space, 24-hour fitness center, self or valet parking, business center and gift shops. Please note: Oceanarium Aquarium currently undergoing refurbishments through Summer 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pacific Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Pacific Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu