After a 10 hour non-stop from Atlanta, and a totally screwed up experience with the hotel's recommended Speedishuttle (separate review), I was not in the best mood. There was a long queue to check in, but in all fairness it moved along pretty well.
Do you know what irks me about hotels in "touristy" locales? The resort fee! If you're gonna charge me an extra $20 a day, put it in the room cost up front! And then, there's the $200 "security deposit" that will be refunded after 4 days. What am I a rock star that's going to trash the room?
But, I digress. The young lady that checked me in was delightful, but I felt like she was waiting for me to start yelling at her when she explained the resort fee and security deposit. Poor girl!
Then, off to the room. Dated, dated dated. 1970's Tommy Bahama overload! Carpet - tired. Elevator - tired. Walked into my king-size "ocean view room" on the 15th floor and had to sigh... It just looked SO old and then..... (wait for it).... I walked out on the balcony. The view, the sound of the waves crashing - worth every damn penny! I'm from Florida so it's not like I'm unused to tropical environs.
I spent 4 nights at the hotel. Granted, it was for business, so during the day I was off and doing. But from about 4 pm on, each day, I sat on the balcony and drank in the sea air. I walked the beach (across the street) each morning instead of going to their gym. Honolulu's version of Rodeo Drive/Miracle Mile is an easy stroll if you're in to shopping.
I'll most likely never have to travel to Hawaii again, but if I knew someone who was going to Waikiki, I'd recommend this hotel. As long as they can get an ocean-view room on at least the 14th floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across Waikiki Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean, Waikiki City Lights, and Diamond Head landmark. Full service hotel with 839 guestrooms, island-style family dining, flexible meeting space, 24-hour fitness center, self or valet parking, business center and gift shops. Please note: Oceanarium Aquarium currently undergoing refurbishments through Summer 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotelopia, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pacific Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Pacific Beach
- Pacific Beach Hotel At Waikiki
- Pacific Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu