“This place is great!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Honolulu
Waikiki Central Hotel
Ranked #47 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I had a great 3 night stay here. I came to do some hiking & just needed a bed & shower & refused to pay $250+ for stuff I didnt need/wouldnt utilize. Out-dated yes, but my room was very clean & comfy. There were no stains on the towels or sheets. I was a little worried the bed would be old saggy but it wasnt. It was a good, firm bed. The only sketchy thing was the shower head but I was so grimy & gross every shower was the best shower ever. Water got good & hot & had solid water pressure. Ocean view from patio. Its one block away from the beach, they have FREE towels, chairs, boogie boards, umbrellas, rafts. The mini fridge kept my beers nice & cold. There was a mini coffee pot, rice cooker, toaster over, stove/oven, pots/pans, utensils & wine opener. Yes the motorcycle/car rental place was loud as sin. I was out the door before they opened but I did catch some of it around 10am. The vacuum/generator is very loud but I closed the windows & turned on ac & felt like I couldve taken a nap. I was on the 6th floor so I'm sure that was in my favor. They only have 9 parking spots but there is a parking garage across the street, I paid $20 for 24hrs. Everybody at the front desk were so nice & friendly. I was traveling solo & felt safe here. If you're looking for a bare bones, no frills, budget friendly place, this is it. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Request a 6th floor room for less noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Samara R

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Our one week stay at this hotel was exceptional. Our late arrival was handled in a very professional and efficient manner. The accommodations we had were satisfactory for the price we paid. The friendly disposition of the staff was much more than our expectations. Several guests we met were regulars and the staff knew them all by name. No request we made was ignored, and there seemed to be a genuine concern that we were satisfied with our stay. The hotels close proximity to the beach and shopping areas/restaurants is the best reason for staying here. The walk to Waikiki Beach was less than 5 minutes. When I return to Honolulu, I will certainly consider this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank TeacherDavid
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Good price very close to the beach, nice clean rooms, friendly staff as well as free beach towel rental which was brilliant.
Stayed in a twin room with huge twin beds which were almost the size of doubles. The room was more like a bedsit as there was a fully stocked kitchen with toaster, fridge, cooker and a little portable oven and plates and everything you need to make a meal along with a table to sit and eat at. Room came with air con at no extra cost, although it was a little noisy outside sometimes as our balcony overlooked a car rental place where you would sometimes hear bikes and hoovering but only during the day.
The hotel it's self is well located in the centre of Waikiki with beach on one side and Kuhio avenue on the other where lots of shops and restaurants are including some supermarkets for shopping where you can buy food for cooking in your room. It's right next to a hostel in a side street so it's not on a busy main street and there s a bar across the road aswell as surf rental.
The hotel also has a lift which is good for luggage, it is a small hotel only 4 floors and behind a larger hotel which obscures the beach view quiet a bit but it's nice and not part of any huge chain. I would recommend this place because of the price, cleanliness and the friendly staff, me and my friend really enjoyed our stay there and is perfect for the budget concious traveller especially as Waikiki is quite expensive so save your money for the touristy stuff if your not too bothered about a huge sea view and being in a high rise hotel which personally make me ill I don't like being in high buildings.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Fizzpop66
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Only stayed here one night to rest before heading off to check out the rest of Oahu. Check-in and parking was all very easy, as was finding the hotel from the airport. The room is a little out-dated and we found it weird that there was a coffee pot with filters but no coffee or sugar...

Its really close to the beach and a great Mexican bar which claims to make the best margaritas in town (they are pretty good!). Street is a little noisy but we were tired from flying so didn't effect us at all. If you're a light sleeper use ear plugs. Perfect location and even better value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mostefinately
Reviewed 24 April 2013

The noise in my room was really incredible. I was expecting noise, having read the reviews, but not this. I don't know what it was exactly, it seemed to come from the ABC store close by (their A/C?) and then there was the already described vacuum cleaner of the car rental firm as well as the street noise.
I had a standard room, which was clean, kitchenette was alright. I didn't feel absolutely safe there as you can get to the rooms without passing the reception (which is closed after 8pm anyway).
Ashley and the night manager were both very nice, but the third receptionists literally rolled her eyes at me once. Ok, it wasn't yet 8 am (when they open), but she already sat at the reception just wanted to leave a note that I would be back later for check in (I had arrived during the night, and then you ring the bell at the resident manager's room and get the key), so that they didn't wonder. Next time I won't bother...She tried to be friendly afterwards, though. WiFi didn't work at all in my room, you had to go to the reception office.
From the other reviews I had expected something better and wasn't really happy. But if the location close to the beach is very important to you and you don't want to pay the "normal" Waikiki prices...what can you do?

Room Tip: Away from the car rental company
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Anna C
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This small hotel is outdated, but clean and a perfect location. I have stayed here once before a few years back and it is always a great stay. Unlike the larger tourist hotels around, you don't have to sit around and wait to check in or to use the elevators. This hotel is very small and no waiting for the elevator. No pool, so if you have to have one...go to another hotel...but if you are looking for a very inexpensive, clean, friendly place to sleep at night...look no further. The standard room is very large. Ashley the manager is super nice and very helpful. The hotel is in a perfect location. One block from the beach and Kalakaua Blvd. All the shopping, beaches and dining are within a few minutes walk. Bus line is very close by as well. The trollies to Ala Moana mall are right around the corner. You simply can't go wrong as long as you are not expecting a five star hotel with maid service. Come expecting a small hotel that has seen better days, worn around the edges, but friendly and clean....after all...hopefully you are not coming here to sit in your hotel! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe for a little more money. No swimming pool or fitness center...not sure why it woul...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Brandon808
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed here for three nights and was very satisfied. The room was quite spartan and dated but very clean. Given the price and location, you can't go wrong. Reception was fine and the walk to the beach takes about 2 minutes. There is some street noise but you can turn on the fan for the air conditioner to cover the outside noise.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo