“Budget hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Honolulu
Waikiki Central Hotel
Ranked #47 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just returned from a 9 night stay at the Prince, and want to thank the staff for a great stay. They are obviously glad to see you, and do everything they can to make your visit a good one. Coffee is free in room, great wi fi, and some rooms have a small kitchen. Would be kinda cool if they figured out a space for a small lounge area.....might be fun to visit with some of the diverse group of people that stay here. Prices are not as cheap as they used to be....I hope management does not get to greedy, like many properties close by. I will be back!

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor to avoid street noise, and the rental lot next to hotel, which sometimes fire...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Dave A

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Waikiki Prince for 5 days during an 8 day stay in Oahu, Hawaii. I'm not a wealthy person but I saved up to take my woman to Hawaii. I didn't want to spend all my money on accommodations so I looked at the "budget" hotels and found the Waikiki Prince, and I am so happy I did.

Location is perfect. Two or so blocks from Waikiki beach, the heart of tourist Honululu. The address is easy to find from the airport although be aware there is a 1 way road. Also my advice is to buy the parking space at the hotel because public spaces can be near or far. The only thing to know is the hotels parking lot is tiny, so be mindful if you have a large vehicle. I was fine and loved being able to park at the hotel.

Cleanliness was on par. Nothing spectacular but certainly not lacking in any way.

The room was a joy. Spacious bedroom, comfy bedding, large bathroom with a large shower and best of all was the kitchen. Fully stocked with a stove, microwave, fridge and freezer, cupboards full of cookware and utensils. To save more money you can buy groceries and cook whatever you want in the hotel room. That was a big plus to me. Another big plus was the free wifi.

Service was very good. I didn't request anything special but was always greeted with a smile. Beach chairs, towels and boogey boards were available free of charge as long as we brought them back. The front desk girl gave us some good advice on where to go and avoid too, which was nice of her.

Value was excellent. For what I spent I was sleeping within a stones toss of Waikiki beach. I didn't need a resort or spa, I simply wanted a decent bed with a roof over my head. I was so happy with the Waikiki Prince, it doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't.

I spent my last few days in Hawaii staying nearer to the north of Oahu because we were driving all over the island. I was sad to say goodbye to the Waikiki Prince when it came time to leave. Their business card is still in my Hawaii photo album.

Someday I will bring my wife back to Hawaii. We had a perfect vacation, partially because we had money left over after saving on accommodations. When I return I am definitely staying again at the Waikiki Prince. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great place to rest at the end of the day.

• Stayed: November 2013
6  Thank Spike762x39
Reviewed 30 April 2014

we stayed at the waikiki prince twice, for the first 5 nights and last two nights of our vacation. It's a clean hotel in a great location. If you want to stay in your hotel room while you are on vacation on oahu than this is not the hotel for you. My boyfriend and I didn't spend much time in the room as we had planned lots of activities while there, we just needed a place to shower and sleep and this fit the bill. It was a good price when compared to the others! We'll def stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ritienne P
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here in April 2013, and was good for the price and location. Office was closed when we arrived but our key was on our door and manager was super nice. Would stay again. Definitely close to beach, kind of noisy at night but not bad.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank diana_wilson1986
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We spent one night here between arrival from the mainland and our flight to the Big Island for a longer visit. We had called ahead since we knew we would arrive after the office closed at 8PM. We found the night manager's phone number posted on the office door and he came down right away to give us our room key. Our room was exactly as advertised - very small but very clean. The air conditioning worked just fine, and our lanai actually had an ocean view. We heard trash trucks in the morning but the jet lag woke us early anyway. For the one night we stayed, the room was perfectly adequate and the price was great for Waikiki. We paid $20 for reserved parking (all five spots are under the building, it is quite tricky to back out). The elevator opens to the sidewalk and stops at the fifth of six floors, with stairs leading up from there.

We had to change our itinerary on short notice when Go! airlines suddenly decided to cancel its April 2014 inter-island flights. We were within the hotel's cancellation policy, as stated on its website, and our deposit for the night we had to cancel was refunded in full with no hassle.

Room Tip: Room 606, a very small double with no kitchenette, has an ocean view from its lanai.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Hard to beat this hotel within its price range and location, and that's without the unexpected bonus (and modern necessity) of fast and free wifi. Any drawbacks: street noise etc are endemic to this south Waikiki location but are more than compensated for by its sunny lanai, proximity to the beach and some of the best eateries and fun bars nearby. Considerate and helpful staff made our stay here even better. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Go for height and room size.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tmjk92
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 days (Mar 31-April 6). It is located in a perfect location. Literally 1 block away from Waikiki beach. The staff is very friendly, always greeting you with a smile! I love the fact that our room had a small kitchen with pans and utensils. We actually made breakfast to save some money. We visited the local Safeway there. Just don't go all crazy shopping just because everything is so expensive. You have no housekeeping, unless you are staying 7 nights or more. The only thing I didn't like was the loud noise every morning. I would recommend to take some ear plugs or something. Overall, it was a great experience and I would most likely return back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple