“Possibly best hotel in Waikiki”

Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel
Ranked #54 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
“Possibly best hotel in Waikiki”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is great. The customer service here is amazing, and the employees working at the front desk speak perfect English. They were very thorough in explaining everything and did everything they can to help accommodate us. Will definitely come back to this hotel! The location is great because it's about 5-10 minutes walking distance to the beautiful Waikiki beach. The rooms are very clean and spacious, which is very important to me. The staff are all very friendly, and it's just a lovely place to stay at. Not to mention they offer valet parking for a very affordable and reasonable price. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Pearls1996

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
So. Cal
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Pros:
Budget friendly
Mini-fridge in room
Short walk to Waikiki Beach
Laminate floors
Decent room size
Quick valet
Air conditioned rooms

Cons
We were on 4th floor - lots of street noise.
Old
Lack of quality bath amenities (budget)
Extremely firm and uncomfortable beds
Horrible service in bar (I had to go find a menu - and then we waited without anyone even acknowledging us for over 15 minutes - they were not busy - so we left).

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Bregenz, Austria
Reviewed 14 August 2014

If your visiting Honolulu, this is the best hotel to stay. I was there in 2008 and 2013. The rooms were clean, the bar and restaurant in the evening very good. You can meet a lot of locals there.

If you have a car, you have only valet parking so plan in the extra costs. Waikiki Beach isn't far away (5 - 10 min. on foot). You have an ABC-Store on the next corner and a Denny's isn't far away.

I'm planning on returning again in November.

Room Tip: Take a room on the higher floors (8 and up). You'll have a wonderful scenery and you won't h...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Eddie_220263
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 August 2014

First trip to Hawaii, and accommodation selected by a member of our group, based on a previous stay. Was a great choice. Rooms were generous in size, clean and tidy. I had two queen size beds in my room so lots of space for me and to spread out my shopping purchases.

Staff very friendly. Great restaurant with standard menu and drinks. Not 5 star, but not needed. A reasonable meal and good selection of drinks is all we were after, after a day out on the beach or at the shops. Centrally located so within walking distance to both.

Made good use of the free wi-fi. Big plus! They also have a laundromat available which was very helpful.

Best of all, it is very reasonably priced, and you get a discount for returning, which we did before and after our cruise. Would stay again.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor, so did not have any noise issues as others have said.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Manaia2000
Burnie, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here for five nights from June 30 - July 5th this year. We wanted somewhere that wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg but be close enough for us to walk around Waikiki. We didn't know what to expect on arrival but were pleasantly surprised. We had opted to stay in one of their villas at the back of the hotel beside the pool. Dbl/dbl with a kitchenette, spacious with a couch too. We were on the second level and had a nice view of the pool. However underneath our room - which we would have appreciated someone telling us, was a bar open from 6 til 2 am. This can get LOUD! I made a complaint the first night. The room was clean and everyday after house keeping were great. The pool was a great draw for us since we are traveling with our three year old, however in saying that the pool isn't very deep - if my memory serves me well it was only 5ft at its deepest, so not so great for us. Since we had a kitchenette we only had breakfast in the hotel once, and we didn't rate it highly, but there are plenty of other options close by. There is only valet parking, no other options, most of the time they are quick and friendly but there was times when they were very slow, you feel like you need to rush in and out of your car too as it is only a single lane driveway.
Within walking distance there was a little market with heaps of local fresh fruit and home baked food, very delicious! There was also a restaurant down one block that did an all you can eat buffet dinner with a show for a very reasonable price!
Reception were very friendly and helpful but the lady at the tour desk when i called and asked about 4th of July fireworks could tell me nothing.
The hotel is undergoing renovations in the lobby which was a bit messy but it has already enhanced the entry of the hotel greatly.
We would most likely stay here again because of the location, size of the room and price.

Room Tip: If staying in a villa ask to have a room away from the bar, unless that's your scene!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank kel_horch
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is the second time I visited and stayed at this hotel.
The staff are friendly and helpful. They helped me with getting back to the airport and organized a shuttle and were happy to organize a taxi when the shuttle was running late and then cancel that for me when the shuttle arrived.
I used my discount voucher for return stay.
I had a corner room with a good view and all that I needed - it wasn't poky but gave me a good amount of room and free wifi.
It was in walking distance from everything I wanted to see and to the trolley stop.
I would definitely return here on my next visit.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the corner with golf course views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank JHJLR
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Usually stay at one of the hotels on or across the road from the beach but decided to try this one. Very good. Clean, quiet, friendly staff and only about a 5 min walk to the beach. Has a great big pool and spa in a very quiet leafy surround. There were works being done to the restaurant down on the ground floor but it did not impact us in any way with noise or dust etc. Will look great when finished. So a good stay in a good location that is worth the savings.

Room Tip: We went for one of the rooms on the top few floors and they still have a great view of the beach and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends