Starting with such high expectations and then having them exceeded is a rarity. Halekulani is a wonderful property in a primo location with uber talented Staff-guaranteeing their Guests simply the best experience in Waikiki. Location-right smack in the middle of great restaraunts, shopping, and easy beach access. It is surprisingly quiet and private feeling-a remarkable accomplishment given the number of rooms and property size (it still feels like a small Boutique Hotel). Our room was well thought out aesthetically and electronically, easy on the eyes-cool blue, white and sand color scheme, a beautiful view of the famous pool and ocean, two patios-one set up for Dining and the other with Chaises, a lovely display of fruit was placed in our Room upon arrival-also fresh flowers, a separate living/lounging space, two bathrooms including a washlet in one (no doubt an amenity due to the significant percentage of Japanese Guests), tub and shower each had separate hand sprayers which is unusual and makes it convenient to wash your hair after a nice soak in the tub, Shampoo & Conditioner were nice enough that I'd leave my usual favorites at home next time, Housekeeping Staff is SUPERB-and I am a picky one in that department! There were very few Children-and the few were extremely well behaved, quiet and mostly Japanese. We saw recognizeable VIP's Poolside and it's a testament to how low key and comfortable the Resort makes every Guest feel. I just sooo appreciated not feeling like I was in the Family Splash Zone while counting coconuts and reading my book.
ALL of the food was wonderful-and exceeded our expectations. Breakfast at Orchids especially the Japanese Breakfast was terrific, High Tea was lovely, House without a key had a nice Breakfast (Buffet) as well as lethal Mai Tais and live music for Sunset. All of the Staff are welcoming, friendly and pleasant. The aha moment of the trip was when I received my laundry back from the Valet and they had not only cleaned our things beautifully but also took it upon themselves to repair a small flaw in a Linen shirt by reweaving!! Remarkable service!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halekulani has been hosting visitors to Waikiki Beach for nearly 100 years. Today its reputation for gracious hospitality, impeccable service and magnificent cuisine is unequaled on Oahu and renowned, throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Halekulani Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halekulani Hotel Honolulu
- Halekulani Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu